Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Just exactly how "slow" we're those et's Jeff...?
    Cause I'm pretty sure that car can run very solid 11's all day long with the deeper gears in it.;)

Scott

2. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Can't wait to see you all take it to the track. I'll be a spectator ... Again

55belairx2, powrshftr and saltflats like this.
  3. Tailwind?

Perhaps that radiation cloud has some type of pull?

powrshftr likes this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hope I am not to far back in line to see this.

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Be sure to swing by our pits and say hello!Been wanting to see your Falcon get down the track,but maybe next year.

Scott

6. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Hey there Tune-up Masters, uh...by my math we're already giving up at least 1/2 a second, you wanna stop tuning up the guy that called us out??? Our only chance may be if that beast doesn't fire!...or if Tony has amnesia and forgets where 4th is again. If not, his hemi may eat our can of Whoop Ass and ask for seconds! Ixnay on the une-uptay!!!

...unless of course you did find that stash of JATO rockets...did ya? Did ya?

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

So I got thinking about how many cars I would really like to line up next to at the Meltdown,and I figured the list is getting pretty big.
    Once I actually wrote it out,it was a lot bigger than I thought!

Some of these choices are old rivalries,some are based on how cool the cars will look together,some are just buddies who would be fun to race,and there are even one or two who may need a good old fashioned education on how it feels to get beat by a small cubic inch,naturally aspirated car in your large cubic inch,supercharged car...;)
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465203283.515813.jpg
    Scott

8. now THATS a dance card...

noclubjoe, 55belairx2 and Deuced Up! like this.
  9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lol!There are a few cars I have forgotten,but we will see how much time there is at the track...lol

30dodgeboy likes this.
  10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a little impromptu Gasser show at the shop Sunday when Jackson came through on the way home from the Queen City Riot. Pretty cool to see 'em lined up. Good to hang with you Jackson.

20160605_125627.jpeg

11. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Man that's great I made the list but I think you need a track rental day just to handle this list.

Jon

Sent from my Z970 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

powrshftr likes this.
  12. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's just my Fantasy Drag Racing League...lol
    Realistically,I need to race you,Jeff,Norb,Mopar Bob,and whoever else I have time to race.....But I want a shot at that Austin.

13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hey Scott you can put my Willys on standby as I may not be bringing it but I will be there but with a much kooler front engine digger I'm not scared just been spending all my time and money on the digger to get it ready I'm not sure I can swing bringin both cars

Dog_Patch and powrshftr like this.
  14. Saxxon

Saxxon

I think with the new format and the number of cars expected the number of passes may be limited. (as to be expected and I'm not complaining ... much) The down side to this is match bashing to any great extent may have to wait until Sunday. Which sucks for me as we tend to leave between 10 and 1 on Sunday. That missing limb itches really hard when I hear folks are making 6, 7 or even 8 passes while us Canadians are northbound.

Went to put power to the Scout systems yesterday... all systems were go - except - the power to the starter. Somewhere along the way we pulled a wire we shouldn't have ... (That didn't sound quite right did it ?? ....). I decided to stop where we were and I'll tackle it at the start of my next working session... Starting to rush and make mistakes.

Oh yah... I love the idea of an engine diaper - but holy crap they are a pain in the butt to install... I knew it would be an issues but didn't ralize how much of an issue until I started sliding my hands in and around headers and accessories. It's going to make oil changes a serious chore. Ease of access and the mounting points are something I definitely need to re-engineer - soon !!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    powrshftr likes this.
  15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Scott that Austin is badass he is just being real humble I was privileged to be able to stop by and see it in person and it is gonna be a real runner the videos do not do this car any justice also I want to say Deucedup it was a good time hangin out at your very Bitchin shop there is way more there than meets the eye also there are some really kool future projects lurking in the corners as well one more thing this guy is a real stand up dude on our way to the show on Friday my friend misty was following me in her 53 Chevy and had a front tire blow out she got the car stopped safely and as we set there on the side of I-44 waiting on a wrecker I had tools but no spare or Jack as I was talking with a guy who stopped by to look at the cars while on the side of the road lol guess who rolls up and offered to go get his car trailer and help yep that's right randy "Deucedup" bowman though the first guy whom I was chatting with first lived right across the outer road brought us a spare and Jack I swapped the tire and wheel thanked the man and tried to pay him but he wasn't having it he said he had been helped in the past and felt he needed to pay it forward and there stood Deucedup ready to help any way he could we thanked him for stopping because of good old hot rodders we had the 53 back on the road in no time but before we left Deucedup invited us to stop by on our way home so we did Sunday afternoon and randy and his family are real hospitable folks thanks again randy

16. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Car is pretty much ready. Missed the deadline. Tow rig needs tires. Trailer needs new floor. Look forward to visiting.

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

I hate how life gets in the way of stuff...I'm in a similar situation.Im probably only going to have the car at the track for the Meltdown,and nothing else all year long.
    I may be starting the engine in the car for the first time at the Meltdown as well....Going to be extremely tight for time again this year!

18. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Big 10-4 on life. I'm swamped with customer cars , got my wife's fury on the road , built a bike , landscaping , brought a 57 ranchero home with me , my olds needs redone. Life and my ADD get in the way. My life goal is to just get all my junk finished... And catch that sparkly thing I keep seeing

powrshftr likes this.
  19. If you get it all together, and make some decsent runs, we are probably a good heads up match.

Deuced Up!, powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  20. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm pretty sure the Child will blow away the 10.80's it was running with the taller gears,so things might get crazy Essay..!
    Can't wait to get home and get back to work on the car!

Scott

55belairx2 likes this.
  21. Well, that's the plan, we'll see!

powrshftr likes this.
  22. I hope Dave Verschave comes with his Orange Krate. We're pretty even now too I think, and that would be a fun race. We could do our own version of "The Beauty and the Beast":D

Swamp Rat 4, 55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  23. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

He said he's going! :)

powrshftr likes this.
  24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have the ugly and fugly handled on this end.

25. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I'm glad I'm not on Scott's list. Besides the fact that he'd kill me, I just e-mailed the MDA to be taken off the list of entries. My car just won't be ready for any racing. I still hope it makes it there and back, though.

Gary

26. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

We are looking forward to the Meltdowns! Carly and I are bringing "lil II Sassy". She had a BLAST at the Hunnert Car Heads up last weekend! She got to make her very FIRST pass ever! (she is 15!). We hope to get some time for her to make a few more passes at the Meltdowns! Koop and all of the rest of the guys who are putting on this show THANK YOU for all of the support and advise to us! You have no idea how HAPPY my daughter was when you stopped us on Saturday and asked her how she liked making her first pass! She was very surprised that you guys remembered us from the World of Wheels. We have been telling everyone we know to come to the show! If you need us to hand out flyers at shows let us know we would be happy to help any way we can!

27. Cool!

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Wait til you guys get a load of Gary's slick fabrication skills on that Henry J.
    There's a dozen cool little tricks everywhere you look on the thing.
    Looking forward to seeing you again Gary:)

Scott

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

My battery is getting warm.

30. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

We better look out.
    You gettin a yougin started us old farts wont stand a chance.

stupesnova and powrshftr like this.