Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods All Deuce Run - June 11,2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 14, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Photo courtesy of Tom Hassel
    OK guys, you can now officially mark your calendars.. June 11 is the date that has been set for the Annual "All Deuce Run" 2016: when we will again gather and enjoy the scenic vistas through the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains.

The run will leave from the Target Shopping Center at the Northeast Corner of Interstate 77 and Hwy 73 (Exit 25 off Interstate 77) in Cornelius, NC promptly at 10 o'clock.

The overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway provides a excellent place to stop, sight see, and look at each others' Deuce. It is a excellent photo opportunity. A lunch stop is planned at Canyons restaurant in Blowing Rock NC. Canyons has a large parking lot and a very scenic view of the Smokey Mountains.

Friday night, June 10, we will meet at 7 PM at a new location this year Lacanster's BBQ ,515 Rinehardt Road in Mooresville, N.C. for dinner (this get together has been well received since we added this a few years ago). We saw a need for all the early arrivals to kick back and enjoy the evening with local Deuce owners; after dinner there are usually a few Deuces to check out in the restaurant parking lot.

Several motels are in the area.
    Some of us are staying at the Sleep Inn on Friday: 132 Meadow Hill Circle, 704-799-7070 Since it's impossible to know exactly how many folks will show up, NO ROOMS WERE BLOCKED OFF for the Deuce Run, but rooms are available at the motel on a first come-first served basis. This is located at exit 36 off I-77 Mooreville and is the same exit as the restaurant.

Please invite your 32 Ford owner friends to join us.

Run Coordinators

Bill Rhodes ... 704-788-1856 in North Carolina

Danny Berry ...864-328-5840 in South Carolina

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. If you would like me to add your name to the e-mail list send me a conversation. HRP

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I hope you will be able to make it this year Danny. :)

4. Thank you sir,I intend to be there even if I have to ride shotgun,Brenda is more than capable to drive the sedan.

I still have a few more months of PT but hopefully the doctor will sign off on my driving by then. HRP

benke and Petejoe like this.

5. Well,it seem the host hotel has changed hands,I just received a e-mail from them this morning,I will call tomorrow and find out what this means to our reservations. HRP

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  6. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Yeh, I got an email also. I will wait for you to call before I go ballistic.

7. car doctor

car doctor

I received an e-mail also, waiting to hear what you find out before I do anything.

8. Me, too.
    Let us know. Probably will not have the Tudor ready though, so it may be a moot point.

9. OK guys,we contacted the hotel and we all still have our rooms,basically the branding is changing and this hotel will not be under the choice brand so if you have points you wont be able to use them.

The phone number will remain the same and the name may or may not change by the time of the All Deuce Run.

The new name will be Lakeside Park,If you have any concerns or questions they said feel free to call. HRP

10. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Thank you for your time and effort, as always a good job. Hope we bump into you at Nats South in Knoxville.

11. Thank you Ken,I really look forward to helping make this yearly run so enjoyable for all the Deuce guys.

As for the Nat's South,We have to pass this year,it falls on Mothers Day weekend and Brenda owns a Flower Shop and this is a busy time but we will see you in June. HRP

12. One month reminder,it's looking like we will welcome several new people attending the All Deuce Run for the first time this year.

Bill & I will have the highly coveted All Deuce Run stickers again this year to beautify the windshield of your Deuce. :) HRP

[​IMG]

13. If you would like to be added to the e-mail list send me a conversation with your name & e-mail address. HRP

14. Announcement concerning the Friday night get together.

We will meet at Lancaster's BBQ at 7 PM for dinner.

515 Rinehardt Road,Mooresville,N.C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://lancastersbbq.com/menus/

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  15. NEED A HEAD COUNT OF ALL THOSE ATTENDING THE FRIDAY NITE DINNER .!! PLEASE POST YOUR REPLY . THANKS HENRY

16. car doctor

car doctor

My wife and I and another couple will be there.

jim1932 likes this.
  17. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Dave & Pam from Petersburg IL will be there.

18. I'm planning on going.

19. gtrhotrod

gtrhotrod

Tom R . & Ralph W . yes

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  20. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Ken and Al from Cincinnati area

21. You know Brenda & I be there. HRP

22. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey HRP---Do you need any LAR stickers??----Don

23. Henry,are you keeping count? HRP

24. Tom it's only one week away,hows the roadster coming along,are you gonna make it?

I talked to John Collins and he just got his rebuilt engine back in the coupe but he says the new clutch is bad and with Oconee Nuclear plant having a outage he's working a lot of overtime and won't be in his coupe but he is going to drive up and film us leaving target and on the road. HRP

25. Sent you a conversation...

26. ratrod0

ratrod0

Me and dad are talking about it

27. Barry,I know you & your Dad have been on a lot of Deuce Runs and hope you guys can make it,I also know you didn't have too much fun last year when your transmission let go. HRP

28. MrNailhead401

MrNailhead401

Harry and Kay Smoak we will be there

29. thunderplex

thunderplex

Do you allow fiberglass '32 ford replicas?

Sent from my SM-N910V using H.A.M.B. mobile app