Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Amherst or Epping?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sporty45, May 26, 2016.

1. Sporty45

Sporty45

So, who is going to vend this weekend, and which site? I'm planning on going to Epping to scrounge, but would like to know where the vendors are gonna be. What is the preference of the vendors?

2. Attending Amherst with a truck load of stuff. I'd rather take home your money than my old metal.

Sporty45 likes this.
  3. Epping, Not paying 55 bucks to vend .

Sporty45 likes this.
  4. Pull in some partners and pool your stuff. Greatly reduces your overhead. Split 3 or 4 ways is money in your pocket.

5. Amherst is in it for a short run. The land is going to be developed. I'm not supporting them Period.

onekoolkat1950 and Sporty45 like this.
  6. Sporty45

Sporty45

OK, we have 2 vendors reporting in. Anyone else vending?

7. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

I may vend or shop at Amherst on Sunday (not sure yet but I will be there). My past experiences with Epping is that its generally a weak and boring swap meet. I don't think I have seen more then 50 vendors at Epping compared to 100s at Amherst. Being that this is the first Amherst in a while I'm sure vendor attendance will be down but I'm confident there will be way more vendors there on Sunday than Epping.

8. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I have been discussing this with many local hot rodders and friends for the last few weeks. NOBODY is going to Amherst. Flathead Johnny please report back after Sunday and let us know how it went. I will be at Epping and I will report in as well. I am confident there will be way more vendors at Epping

onekoolkat1950 and ABONES like this.
  9. I think Amherst will be busier than you think. Then there is always that weather factor that comes into play.

10. Sporty45

Sporty45

Well, if you can believe the weather man, it's going to be pretty decent Sunday. Upper 60's to low 70's, with the possibility of a shower late in the day. I'm looking forward to going to Epping, but wish you well with Amherst. Who knows, maybe I'll end up hitting both!

11. Loaded and ready to go. I'll be the one with a green 51 Ford panel truck on my trailer. See you at NED !

12. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

I'm somebody and I'm going to Amherst, like 2many projects it is going to be busier than you think, I know of lot of people in my circle going and in general people seem not to be crazy about Epping like myself

13. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

ABONES you mentioned that Amherst is going to be developed, have you seen the site plans?...sounds like you are stating a fact

14. I have not seen the plans. Ask around yourself and see what you find out. Regardless I vended there off and on for years. As far as I know nobody that vended there was ever notified about the plans of reopening. Tams Model A parts and a few other distributors are sticking with NED. Why would you intentionaly conflict dates with the existing event?

onekoolkat1950 likes this.
  15. mike bowling

mike bowling

Loaded for the Dragway- it's closer, and cheaper, and I think there's plenty of people with old car stuff to sell that it will be good either place.

Time for a pinup! ( Ben, keep your hands in plain sight!) DSCN2688.JPG

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    das858 and ABONES like this.
  16. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

I asked because I have heard rumors that the family was interested in developing but that the owners will stated it must remain a swap meet for x amount of year after his death....I have no way of verifying and everything I have heard in either outcome seems to come from rumors with no verifiable evidence. As far as the date its always been the last sunday of the month for 20+ years far longer than Eppings chosen date. I don't think it will be a issue, Amherst has always been geared towards old metal and from what I have seen Epping is more leaning to muscle, later model so I think they will draw different crowds and provide variety depending on your swap mood. The crowd that likes both could go to each one of them in a day as they are a reasonable distance from each other

ABONES likes this.
  17. My little red truck is loaded up tonight and heading back to my old original spot W 31.

18. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

i will try to remember that and say hi

19. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

i would say 100+ vendors were spread out, the place is huge and it felt sparse with all the empty spots, the place filled up probably holds well over 500. Also lots of show cars and people especially given the holiday weekend and the iffy weather, there were still vendors pulling in when I left around 8 am, seems everyone got off to a late start. I think it was a great turn out for the first opening in about a year and the lack of advertising they did, once word of mouth gets around I'm sure it will be back to its glory before the end of summer. I will post some pictures later.

20. mike bowling

mike bowling

Dragstrip was about 3/4 full vendor wise compared to last month- as mentioned it's a very busy weekend, with unpredictable weather ( 90* last night, 57* this morning???) Overcast and "misty" with a breeze- glad I threw a hooded sweatshirt into the truck!

I went as a vendor and sold a fair amount considering it was a mediocre day. People started packing up by 10:30.
    I believe I will continue to back the Dragway "Swap and Yard Sale" (as much as I loved the OLD Amherst AUTOMOTIVE Flea Market).
    Hopefully there's enough going on to support two venues. Time will tell.

Attached Files:

21. Sporty45

Sporty45

I thought Epping was a little slower than last month, but the weather, and the weekend holiday, may have played a part in that. However, I got to meet ABONES! Nice to have met ya Rob :cool: Mike, I didn't know you were vending or I would have looked you up. If you go next month let me know what to look for and I will swing by to say hi.

ABONES likes this.
  22. I estimated over 80 vendors.I did pretty well and my Dad sold his 51 Ford panel truck . I thought it was good for a holiday weekend and gloomy weather.

23. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Epping was great, I counted 96 vendors. Most had old car parts, a couple had purses and bicycles. Foot traffic was heavy and vendors were still coming in when I left at 10:30

ABONES likes this.
  24. Sporty45

Sporty45

Yeah, I noticed the handbags, bikes, toys, and jewelry too. But I don't mind that stuff, I just walk past it. I found a guy there selling a bunch of different hardware and I bought a shitload of stainless nuts and bolts for $9! I never seem to find my Olds stuff, but try never to leave empty handed :D

ABONES likes this.
  25. adam401

adam401

I didn't get to go to either so I'm bummed. Be curios to see what people bought at both. Don't be shy guys post up some pics. There's still a lot of early stuff gettin sold in New England

26. Pete

Pete

I missed epping, got hung up with house projects.... Next month I'll load up the truck

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  27. The only thing I have heard positive about Amherst was from Flathead Johnny. I know a few who just attended Amherst and they said next month they will be at Epping. Maybe the people I spoke to didn't stay long enough for all the vendors to arrive at Amherst.

28. Also heard the gentleman that oversees Epping say they were going to do some more advertising.

29. I guestimated more than 80 and less than 100. I'm expecting next month to be the biggest yet at Epping.

30. Sporty45

Sporty45

Can hardly wait! There is plenty of room for more vendors :cool:

ABONES likes this.