Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 30-31 Ford roadster inner fender's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19Eddy30, May 30, 2016.

1. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

image.png
    I am working on a 30/31 Roaster , Someone cut the inner fenders out ,
    Is there any one hear that can make me a Left & Right Concave filler piece
    From the Belt line of the quarter to inner fender ,
    Or two new inner fender's with the concave made to it like the replacement 32 Ford .

2. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

I'm not a metal forming expert by any means but you can do it yourself. Just locate the inner fender in position and do it a couple inches at a time with individual pieces. Use pieces of single layer cardboard as templates to cut the sheet metal to.

It might not come out perfect, but what isn't perfect can be made more perfect with a little filler after its all welded.

3. There are a lot of different ways to do that job and I could do it for you. Problem is I would only do it as a build to fit piece. I would need your body to build the pieces to. I think any good metal man would also want to do it that way. I would not do individual pieces, it would be one long part fit to the body then the inner patch panel fit to it. For a home builder you may think about getting a length of proper radei thin wall tubing (. 063 ) and cutting it into 1/3rd round and bend to fit, weld as you go.
    The Wizzard

4. do you have any rotted/beat up/bent old fenders you could cut the pieces out of?

5. flatford39

flatford39

That's a real good idea and would be my approach as well.