Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

In my brief little hiatus from here this last year, I built, then unfortunately, sold this one. Ruttman Spyder and a new Tecumseh. DSC05418.JPG

2. junk fiend

junk fiend

heres my 69 Taco T100 survivor. my buddy found this and a CT70 laying in his bosses neighbors front yard with a "veterans donation" note on them. he asked the old man if he could have them and the old man gave them to my friend. pretty appropriate to post on memorial day weekend i guess.

the day my friend got it:
    [​IMG]

yesterday:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

4. image.jpeg Great story for this weekend
    Found this picture on the old web, this week.

Jalopy Joker, LONG, Dean Lowe and 2 others like this.
  5. wutnxt

wutnxt

It'll be here. One of my machines still running. My forty is misbehaving.

6. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Here is my POS Mini bike, so far frame and wheels, did some frame repairs, and sandblasting next, and new paint.
    I need new rubber, sprockets for the wheel, and it will be getting a 6.5 clone engine, if I do not find a nice vintage engine.
    The bike is heavy, and good sized.
    The rear sprocket baffles me though, it is a 36 tooth, it was a 40 or 41 chain, but it is 9 inches in diameter, not sure what it is. It was also welded to the brake drum, brakes are actually pretty good, rear rim was a bit bent, and rusty as heel, but very thick metal, so gonna blast em and paint inside and out.
    There were a few places back in the day building mini bikes, so do not know the brand. The owner said it was a Keystone, but sure does not look like a Keystone, not home made, either....

Attached Files:

Jalopy Joker and loudbang like this.
  7. Is that Linda in the back ground ?

loudbang likes this.
  8. jnaki

jnaki

Hello, (posted in old guy thread, but fits in here perfectly)
    We called these mini cycles...Doodlebugs in So Cal back in 58-60. Ours was a home made “Doodlebug.” The retail Doodlebugs were too expensive and ours was hand made from old grocery store chrome baskets. The bends in the lower frame was perfect for our needs. Just a few modifications, a bicycle head unit with handlebars and wheel barrow rims and tires with a bicycle gear hub for the chain. a throttle lever and cable from the lawnmower was mounted on the handlebars
    The modified lawnmower motor from our homemade go kart made this Doodlebug fast. Time to tell mom the lawnmower broke and that we needed a new one. One version used the small wheels and chain from the lawnmower, but he larger tires were better. The doodlebug was very cool and fun to ride around the neighborhood. Stopping was made up of thick soled tennis shoes or old dress shoes with thick soles. Stopping was an exciting adventure. There were a few errant shopping carts roaming around Long Beach...sorry...
    Thanks,
    Jnaki
    This guy had the right idea going back and forth from the pits, to the entrance, and to the spectator seats at Lions in 1960.

Jalopy Joker and jakespeed63 like this.
  9. ghalperin

ghalperin

Here's my newly acquired early 60's Custom. BF Goodrich Airplane Bush tires 9.00-6, Cushman Tank, Cushman tank shifter, Cushman two Speed Transmission, Harley Davidson Buddy Seat, Harley Davidson handlebars and dogbone risers, Kohler K91 engine, Vintage Kart Wheels and Disc Brakes.

I almost have all the parts to get it going.

6.jpg
    Found an original seat for a decent price. seat.jpg
    Finally found a tire to replace the flat spotted rear.
    s-l500.jpg
    4.JPG

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That's pretty wild!

11. ok....proud me with my paper route money purchase....my choice was the little Fox.....see that disk brake set up - just like the lawn tractors....knew it would be cool to dive under the other guys and it was.....dad picked it up after work but I had a baseball came - so the riding it was delayed a day....sadly he sold it while I was in California visiting my uncle....maybe a reason I didn't go out there much.... fox mini bike.jpg

12. K & S Carts

K & S Carts

I was never allowed to have a mini bike when I was young so at 56 it's time to start messing with them with my son. I have 3 long projects ahead of me but the time with my son is priceless.

Looking for Cat and Broncco TX2 parts if anyone has any laying around. Spending the weekend with my son and really looking forward to it. We work on and sell vintage golf cart parts and besides the carts we have a RT180A dirt bike and a moped ahead of us. Wish there were more hours in the day.

loudbang and deadbeat like this.
  13. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Asked this question a while back. Have a J.C.Penny Golden Pinto. Finally think I have time to re-do it. Any idea how to date it, find out what color gold it should be, or find out if someone remakes the stickers??

loudbang likes this.
  14. pragmatist

pragmatist

I had a J.C. Penny Purple Duster when I was a kid of 9 years old so I knew I had to get one for my kids. I found a frame on Ebay and brought it back to life. Now that my kids are adults I've tried to sell it locally but no one wants to pay the cost of the engine. I always liked the lines IMG_0619.JPG

15. The things are worth more apart than they are together.
    Sad but true.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I love this thread!

loudbang likes this.
  17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sure does bring back memories of my youth, in 1966/67 I had a Ben Hunt Mfg. minibike with Mac 10 kart engine.

loudbang likes this.
  18. loudbang likes this.
  19. unkamort

unkamort

Glad this thread has popped back up recently. Maybe you guys can help me ID a recent purchase. Other than the "Pilot 1" sticker on the front fork I don't have a clue what I'm working with here. The trike appears to have a differential, with individual band type brake drums at each rear wheel. One of the brake bands is missing. It's got compression and spark, but the fuel tank is a rusty mess (still get that from B/S?) Needs to be broken down, cleaned and reassembled but looks like fun. Comments welcome

Attached Files:

20. K & S Carts

K & S Carts

Your right on that. ! There is a huge following and when I search for parts I am floored on what people pay.

loudbang likes this.
  21. K & S Carts

K & S Carts

Let me look into that and will get back to you. There was someone on eBay that I asked about a cat sticker and they made me one. They may have JCPenny

alphabet soup and loudbang like this.
  22. Kenny P

Kenny P

23. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

ABBD1178-4944-478F-B26A-1FFBA4CA5F2D.png I built this one for my son 15 years ago but I used it more than him

24. Found my second Fantic Fantichino here in Holland.
    Build in Italy from 1969 to 1971 and pretty rare in Europe now.
    Bought it to restore the yellow one, but actually it is in much better shape.
    Also bought a few NOS engines from Germany to get them in running condition.
    Hope you like them. They are really tiny and weight only 54 lbs a piece.

Hennie 20180519_124059.jpg 20180519_124120.jpg 20160905_130922.jpg 20160903_094810.jpg

25. Mini-Bike Drags Orlando Speedworld October 20th
    We got almost 50 coming, so far

06AE788A-E85D-497E-8563-801E3F3484ED.jpeg

Jalopy Joker, loudbang and partsdawg like this.
  26. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Just finished this pit bike...

8CF5C475-D305-47AD-84FC-222BE638B127.jpeg

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

28. NewportNic

NewportNic

Trail Partner 3WD
    [​IMG]

loudbang, GuyW and tractorguy like this.