Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dad-bud

dad-bud

2. swi66

swi66

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember when "tin can beach" started at Warner ave and Pacific Coast Hyway going south towards Huntington Beach right in front of the oil fields.

4. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Had a guy shared with me photos of his first car. A 1955 Thunderbird JR. Here is the story he shared about the car.

"I sold it in 1959 and bought a new Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle. I had a great time playing with the junior T bird and it was the same color as my dads 55 Ford club 2 door sedan. I won it in a drawing at our Roeland Park Kansas Thriftway super market. I have seen one in Petersons antique in Overland Park Ks. A few years back. They would not price it and said they were storing it." kimmons2.JPG kimmons1.JPG kimmons3.JPG kimmons4.JPG

5. Awesome, rare picture of Jim Morrison with some kids beside a car, not sure what type that is. Sadly I couldn't find a larger format of this photo.

[​IMG]

6. jroberts

jroberts

7. jroberts

jroberts

8. Looks like a Ford Falcon.

Mark Hinds and MiniCooperClassic like this.
  9. jroberts

jroberts

10. jroberts

jroberts

11. 117harv

117harv

12. keef59

keef59

13. keef59

keef59

Lana met Jim Morrison at the famous Whisky-a-Go-Go in 1969. One day, after Jim had wrecked his car and had no way home, Lana took him to her Hollywood bungalow above Sunset Blvd. The next morning, Jim invited himself along to dinner with her family in Granada Hills. She was embarrassed and wanted to go alone, but he insisted on coming along. At this point in time, Jim was on the Ten-O-Clock News almost every night for the pending Miami exposure charges. Lana's parents knew nothing of their daughter's friendship with the likes of this character and she was a little paranoid at the thought of having her family meet him.

These photos were taken as Lana's family shared a pot of fondue; after the meal, as Jim played baseball with the siblings; and lastly posing so Lana's mother could take a picture of her and her new handsome "friend"... and of course, the kids wanted a photo of themselves with Jim, too. Lana told me that she could tell, Jim really missed having a family like this. He fit in perfectly and all had a great time... No one suspected that THIS man was allegedly corrupting the Miami youth.

"When I share my Doors / Morrison collection with friends, the Lana Photos absolutely get the single biggest reaction of any item in my extensive 17-year collection! They show a side of Morrison that few people have seen or even know about."
    -Kerry Humpherys / The Doors Collectors Magazine

14. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

May be an illusion, but looks like those telephone wires across the street will soon be history.

15. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Doesn't look like Harvey Mushman in the other picture where he is walking away.

16. nightmoves

nightmoves

[​IMG]
    Buddy Holly with Larry Welborn and Bob Montgomery (?) ,Conoco station,'50's.
    Via Facebook page.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

keef59 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  17. I guess this one is back to front? Too many American cars to be Oz.

19. "One day, after Jim had wrecked his car...", that could be his 1967 Shelby GT500.

keef59 likes this.
  20. walpolla

walpolla

I think you are right. Reversed, you can just make out the plate up the back of the truck cab "T50545"
    upload_2016-5-30_20-3-34.png

hendelec likes this.
  21. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hell,I see trucks like this everyday here in my hometown. you would think that one day they would run out of trees to cut down.

22. swi66

swi66

23. Deepwater

Deepwater
    from Tennessee

24. Deepwater

Deepwater
    from Tennessee

25. "Buy from Curley Brown for the best deal in town" haysville_motor_bus_ad-2.jpg

hendelec and keef59 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.