Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Trog 2016 official thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bobby Green, Jan 7, 2016.

1. abombtim

abombtim

Got a date for the 2017 event yet……. dont take that the wrong way, I mean when is it ?

2. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

Where would a little v8 60 fit into the mix?
    Just curious, planning ahead thats all...

3. ELD

ELD

Announcing, Jerry Laboranti from Reading, PA driving a '31 Ford A Roadster Flathead V8
    2016_Laboranti_Jerry_card.jpg

Announcing, Joe Lockwood from Binghamton, New York driving a '30 Ford A Coupe Flathead V8
    2016_Lockwood_Joe_card.jpg

4. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Happy to see Jerry is getting to run the Cyclone roadster this year after the issues he had last year. Talented guy.

5. Just wish I had had more time to get one together for this year. Shooting for 2017 now!

6. Where would be a good place to get a room. I know I'm a little late.

7. ELD

ELD

PSA for those Twitter, Facebook and Instagram holdouts. Trog East Drivers & Riders continued...

Announcing, Ron Cooper from Ranchos De Taos, N.M. racing a '22-'29 Ford Roadster '31 4-Banger
    Ron Cooper.JPG

Announcing, Dennis Brilla from Plantsville, CT riding a '33 Indian "Four"
    Look out Girard Fox, there's another four in town! Henderson vs Indian place your bets.
    2016_Brilla_Dennis_card.jpg

Announcing, Anthony Carpentier from Monmouth Beach, NJ riding a '39 Harley Davidson WL 45C.I.
    2016_Carpentier_Anthony_card.jpg

Announcing, Brook Nath from Kingston, R.I. driving a '25 Ford T Roadster 4-Banger The Ladies of TROG
    2016_Nath_Brook_card.jpg

Announcing, Hank Young from Marietta, Georgia driving a '28 Ford A Roadster Flathead V8 276C.I.
    2016_Young_Hank_card.jpg

Announcing, Artie Conk from Summit, NJ driving a '33 Ford 4-Banger Sprint Car
    2016_Conk_Artie_card.jpg

Announcing, Alan Cournoyer from Dorchester, Mass. Riding a '42 Harley Davidson WLA 45 C.I.
    2016_Cournoyer_Alan_card.jpg

Announcing, Tom McItyre from Burbank, Calif. driving a '32 Ford Coupe Flathead V8 276C.I.
    Tom Mcintyre.JPG

Announcing, Andy Wallace from Branchville, NJ driving a '15 Saxon Speedster 4-Banger
    Andy Wallace.JPG

Announcing, Billy Lane from Daytona Beach, Fla. riding a '34 Harley Davidson 500cc Factory Racer
    2016_Lane_Billy_card.jpg

Announcing, T.W. Scott from Monkton, Maryland driving a '28 Ford A Roadster Flathead V8 239C.I.
    2016_Scott_TW_card.jpg

Announcing, "Sushi" from Tokyo, Japan riding a '23 Harley Davidson Matt Walksler built J Cutdown
    2016_Sushi_23J_card.jpg

kiwijeff, Stogy and lockwoodkustoms like this.
  8. Old28

Old28

Looking forward to TROG West Coast Pismo Beach, CA event later this year. Have read the rules a few times and still have a question. Can you run a "glass" 23 T body on a Model A frame with 1940 Ford running gear and a Banger motor?

9. I doubt it. Has to be an American made steel body made from 1934 or prior. Or at least started as one, like a speedster or something along those lines.

10. Muttley

Muttley

[​IMG]

3wLarry likes this.
  11. chiro

chiro

The poster says "pit passes". What's the deal with that because it's not on the page to buy tickets and it's the only thing that disappointed me about last year? Also, what is the "vintage car parking" about? I'm bringing my '31 tudor (not racing because it's a SEDAN) and was wondering about the parking also mentioned on the poster.

Thanks,

Andy

12. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Looking for a one way ride Saturday or Sunday from TROG to northern VA, Frederick, MD or Harper's Ferry, WV. Please private message if you can help. Expect to share cost.

13. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I'll be there in the A. But only to watch. Later, Bill

14. IGOR

IGOR

Ill be there w my paint brushes if ya need any letterin or stripes

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  15. gonzo

gonzo

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464697304.073934.jpg

Spied this in the wild on Sunday. It was attached to a cool early 60s wagon.

16. I see that it's an extra ten bucks now to attend the bonfire. o_O

17. So does anyone know about pit passes for spectators?

18. chiro

chiro

19. LostBoy

LostBoy

Proof that NJ has something to offer at the shore other than fat wannabe Italian creatures and cheap "roulette" heroin. Good for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.lostboysatomicgarage.com

20. Got my campsite booked. Will drive up in motorhome and take roadster to boot around.
    Will be there for friday and Saturday parties too!!!

21. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464866249.855218.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464866260.738399.jpg

Leaving in two hours. Glad I borrowed friends enclosed trailer. Raining on the way down.
    Can't wait for my first TROG!!!

22. Bump. Two days to go!

23. I'm sure the turnout this weekend will be great. TROG has generated a lot of media coverage and interest from all over the world. Mel and Bobby have done a great job with building and promoting this race.

But damn if the enthusiasm seems to be lacking from this thread. No build updates, no smack talk, no challenges. I hope the racer enthusiasm is higher on race day.

Good luck to everyone headed down the beach!

Seriously?

24. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Heading down for tomorrow early am for a full day of motor mayhem! Cant wait !

25. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Heading down to Jersey tonight, will be there tomorrow. Have not been to the TROG in the past two years. Looking forward to checking it out.

26. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Looks like the weather will bite them in the ass once again.

27. Rolled in last night. Heard a bunch of the racers came in last night also.

28. Tedders

Tedders

How's the crowds?

29. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Be sure to post lots of pics, wish I was there.

30. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Can't wait for the west coast TROG.