Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

My big fat thumbs got in the way there....June 1st.
    Or maybe I was just still half asleep from this stinkin night shift?Who knows?lol!

Scott

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

Smoothy:

Can't wait to see you make some passes with the 56.That is going to be one badass ol Chevy.
    Don't worry if it's not perfect the first year,just as long as it's up and running!:)
    I tried to do too much at once last year,and I ended up still assembling the motor at 10:30 at night the night before the race.....Not fun showing up without a car.:(
    As long as that motor and front end are together,that car should run pretty damn good!:)

Just do the bare minimum to get it safely together and running and show up!:)

Scott

beebee78, Smoothy and Finn Jensen like this.
  3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw that video...so Ric have you found the Jato Rocket yet? :p

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If you fine some of them sigh me up for 2 so I can have a chance.

5. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

It would be really great to see some Jr. Stockers at The Meltdown.

57 Sport Sedan Jr Stocker.jpg Jr. Stockers.jpg 57 Chevy Jr. Stocker.jpg

If I ever get to it, there's a 56 BelAir in my garage, just waiting to be a Jr. Stock tribute car.

Attached Files:

loudbang, Falcon Gasser and powrshftr like this.
  6. Just
    Another
    Tony
    Ordinance

Deuced Up! likes this.
  7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jetlike
    Austin
    Taunts
    Old

Ric's
    Only
    Child
    Keeping
    Estimated
    Times
    Secret

Dog_Patch, Okiedoker and loudbang like this.
  8. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Scott-

Thanks for the update picture of the old mustang....looking good brother...

Scotts Mustang2.jpg

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. powrshftr

powrshftr

Sigh.....Jeff,you KNOW that if the Oinky Doinker and the Shaker were doing time together,the Okie would DEFINITELY be the one getting traded for a pack of smokes.....Lets be frickin realistic here Bud!

Scott

bigmikes50chevy, 30dodgeboy and enloe like this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If someone stumbled on to this they would think this was smack talk on the street outlaws

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Deuced Up! and powrshftr like this.
  12. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You see I don't want to get involved here between Jeff and Scott and who is or who is not the other's bitch. But let me just say, either way, I am going to be very disappointed if one of these little OkieShakers comes of this union!:p

OkieShaker.jpg

13. powrshftr

powrshftr

Painfully,that is less of an abomination than some of the shit I just saw at the Wednesday night cruise-in at the local A&W on the way to work.

Scott

Deuced Up! likes this.
  14. powrshftr

powrshftr

And I swear if I have to hear anymore shitty,one hit wonder 50's music through Radio Shack pa equipment that's cranked up to 11,I and going to hurt someone.
    That garbage was the Justin Bieber of the 50's.Play "Maybelline",or "Not Fade Away",or something that doesn't make me wanna dig my eyes out with a spoon.
    That shit's a big part of why my Dad quit going to car shows...lol

Deuced Up! and saltflats like this.
  15. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I couldn't agree more. I'll add that a big part of not going also was seeing a 60 year old guy who just spent $80,000 on his ride, never turn a wrench, cry because he didn't get a $5.00 trophy. Then bitch because the kid with the straight axle GTO got best of show but it wasn't a numbers matching car. True story.

16. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Boy Jeff, you really can cut to the throat. You going to the Hunnert?

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

Jeff is notoriously heartless.
    And I hear you about old moneybags there at the car show.I'm not a big fan of the "self appointed experts"...lol
    How are the GTO and Falcon programs doing?Got that chassis deal sorted on the little car?
    Also,you need to promise me a race with the Poncho.....I've always wanted to get some good pictures of my car launching next to that car.Man that would look sick!:)
    (The good kind of sick,like the kids say...lol!)

Scott

18. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Scott, haven't had it out since last weekend. I have to re-torque the heads and then I'll try again this weekend. Still thinking the road where I was at has something to do with it. Also have a friend who has a set of scale pads I can use. We can put the GTO up against the Mustang for some pics. Sounds like fun.

powrshftr likes this.
  19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

So tonight I'm home, minding my own and I get a call. It was none other than Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick. He was wondering if we were going to bring the GTO to the National Pontiac convention in Bettendorf, IA. I told him that it was the same weekend as the Meltdown. He said that he knew that and was mad that he couldn't make the Meltdown this year. It's not everyday that your idol calls you on the phone wondering if your going to bring a car to a show he's going to be at. We have some hard decisions to make.

20. Ric I checked with the local gal that was working on my carbs - before I grew a pair and went mechanical injection o_O but anyhow she said she can rub the purple off your float bowls but its not cheap. Satisfaction guaranteed though :rolleyes:

carbs.jpg

21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

I am going try to make it...but that will only happen if I can get the motor and trans back in this weekend. Unfortunately family commitments have kept me away from working on the car.

wingnutz likes this.
  22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I would put up some money just to watch.

23. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Hey Scott, doesn't that sound like an excuse so you don't get beat? LOL Seriously that is understandable Jeff, family first. Sometimes there's just not enough hours in the day. Sometimes with house work and family stuff I often think about selling everything and just get a '30 or '31 coupe and be done with it.

powrshftr, Dog_Patch and Okiedoker like this.
  24. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tried that once. Aspirations to just build a nice Model "A" Sedan hot rod and enjoy cruising it. This is what it turned into before the build was complete! 600 hp and 120 mph through the traps.

87.jpg

2013 HAMB Drags Pulp Friction (2).jpg
    You see it will not matter. Guys like us get the go fast juice in our veins. Even if we sold everything and bought a Prius...it would only be a matter of months before we would be looking at the tubs to see if we could get a pair of slicks under it. :p

25. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

[​IMG]

all this lettering should make it faster , see ya there

62Furious, Smoothy, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  26. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

Pictures are deceiving, there is plenty of space. Tires have less space on my Coupe and dont hit the fenders.

27. Tony, I found someone to wipe the purple off your injector stacks, and by the looks of her pants, she already did! Pole dancing.jpg

28. She's too dang scrawny! This gal is more my speed Curvy.jpg

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You wont get all bruised up on that