Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1957 Lincoln Premiere "Sunsation" Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by El Capo, Oct 23, 2015.

1. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Do you put on a fatman spindels 2" drop ? Is it easy to intall them or not ? Now you need bracke disque of Grananda isnot it ? but you need to change weels or not ?
    What is the news transmision ?
    You have a very fantastic car ;)

chryslerfan55 and El Capo like this.
  2. Retroline

Retroline

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Great work so far.

Sent from my LG-H815 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

El Capo likes this.
  3. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

"Sunsation" has proven to be a much more complicated build than I initially thought... There have been trials of patience, ability and capacity... However, discouragement has not been on anyone in the Team's mind... From Greg at Silveira's Machine Shop, getting the engine finished and ready to go in it's intended spot and having it look so beautiful. To Jeff at Kustoms by Spence, getting the metal and bodywork done so it can be shown at Santa Maria WCK 2016... Good news is KUSTOMSVILLE is well in the horizon... HOODSVILLE here we come!!! HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Very very nice car. Now that you've matched the gold...can you please let us know what it is?

5. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

very cool news :) your car is very very nice ;)

El Capo likes this.
  6. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Thank you.

Paint is not a perfect match but a big suprise will be in store later... Original color I had is Candy Gold

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Thank you, the team and I are working hard for sure.

I did use the Fatman Spindles. I got the old 2" drop, now they make a 2" and 3" dropped spindle. They are fairly easy to switch, you just gotta have some mechanical sense for sure. With the new Granada rotors, the lug pattern changes to Small Chevy 5x4.5.
    It will now have a 700r4 tranny, using an adapter from Bendtsen...

chryslerfan55, derthor and loudbang like this.
  8. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Thank you for your answer which is of a big help for mine Première 56 ;)

9. classical gas

classical gas
    from Kent Wa.

Those cars are custom right out of the box.

CHAMP:t and El Capo like this.
  10. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

They are, but not Kustom enough...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

One thing I've learned along the way of life and this build as well is to make sure I take my time... Rushing into something can cause havoc, chaos and distort the hard work which has been done. Needless to say this build will not make my deadline (Santa Maria West Coast Kustoms Cruisin' Nationals 2016), due to a decision based on circumstances out of my control. However, this build will be completed this year by a secondary date set in mind and with the team... I am proud and happy of all the hard work Jeff Spence of KUSTOMS BY SPENCE, in Willits, Ca. and his guys have put in, with special thanks to Tony Gomes at Tri Valley Auto Glass. And I'm equally proud and happy of the work Greg Silveira at Silveira's Machine Shop has put into the engine... Get ready for some more great work to come in the coming weeks and next few months...

One thing I can say is, I'm happy she's back home for a little while... Next on the project is to get her heart and soul back in... Look out for that... Remember to Keep it Humble and keep it Kustom... HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Your Lincoln is going to be a fantastic Kustom's car ;), and it's not easy to do that with this car .
    You have the good view :)

13. a great car. and looks like it's going to be primo when done

El Capo likes this.
  14. Too bad you won't make it to Santa Maria. Neither will I for the same reason.
    Car looks amazing though. Can't wait to see it all back together.

El Capo likes this.
  15. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

I guess that I will have to cancel my Santa Maria trip, sigh. I was really wanting to see the car in person.

El Capo likes this.
  16. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

After a long week of battles and challenges "Sunsation" did make it to Santa Maria West Coast Kustoms Cruisin' Nationals 2016... The response for those who saw it first hand was great. It was really wonderful to see people admiring and recognizing all the great and hard work being done by Jeff Spence, at Kustoms by Spence, and Greg Silveira for the work going into the engine.

But, the highest compliment in my humble opinion came when one our Kustom Kulture fore fathers and legend came to compliment the great works which has been done and extended a great liking to her. That person was none other than the legend himself, Mr. Gene Winfield... I gotta say it felt great!!! Keep it humble, keep it kustom!!! HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. The car looked great. I was glad to see it there. What a great compliment from the man himself.

El Capo likes this.
  18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The car looks terrific and the chop was definately the right decision as the lines are perfect! Great to see Gene was able to see it and give it a thumbs up.
    The car hits that late 50's Custom era perfectly and reminds me of the Barris built El Capitola; a gold/white chaopped 57 Chevy w/57 Lincoln quarters.

19. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

The proportions of the chop are spot on. Most late 50's cars look odd when chopped, but this is very nice

El Capo likes this.
  20. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

IMG_0313.JPG that's sweet ! I just sold a '57 last fall from arizona

21. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Those who believe the lies of "the magic of tv", while building a car, are in for a rude surprise... Progress on "Sunsation" continues, some setbacks have held the project back a few weeks but fortunately all seems to have fallen back into place. Brakes are done for the most part, new plumbing on the brakes lines and power steering box are done. Engine is ready to rock n roll, 50 1000's of an inch were holding back the engine and tranny from marrying but that too has been address... A couple more touches and this beauty should be running and driving in the next couple weeks, God willing... Staying the course, slow and steady will be the name of the game, the rest of the road until the build is completed. Keep it humble, keep it kustom... Thanks to all who are making this project possible: Jeff at Kustoms by Spence, Greg at Silveira's Machine Shop, My Hoods CC brother, but especially Mike... Built or bought, enjoy them... DRIVE YOUR RIDE... HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. myold88

myold88
    from ct

I loved the '56 Lincoln when it came out. I was in the 7th grade and still have my Motor Trend Magazine (Oct 1955) with it on the cover and a big article. This '57 is truly a beautiful custom.

IMG_1612.jpg

23. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Wouaaaaaaaa very nice job , what is the master cylinder and the assistance is it a c10 ? I would like to make the same modification on mine
    You make a very good job on your car ;)

24. dgnj

dgnj
    from Central NJ

It's looking great, just a fantastic job. Would you mind telling me what color green you used on the engine block? I need to paint my water pump, but the bill Hirsch Lincoln green is for a 56, which is too light of a green, needs to be darker like yours.

25. AlkyWagon

AlkyWagon

Kewl car!!!

El Capo likes this.
  26. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Saying "Sunsation" has been a challenge, is an underrstatement... Nothing of worth ever came easy, but every challenging step of the way will reap one big ass smile from me when completed... One step closer to conpletion, and one major milestone accompished... Stay tuned... KEEP IT HUMBLE AND KEEP IT KUSTOM... HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

very good new :)

El Capo likes this.
  28. classical gas

classical gas
    from Kent Wa.

That is really gonna be cool

El Capo likes this.
  29. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Love it!Great Lines!

El Capo likes this.
  30. desotot

desotot

El capo, it is truly a thing of beauty. Years ago I did a 56 premier, it was a 2drhdtp, I removed the roof and heavily modified a set of 65 pont top bows for it. I also cut the windshield frame down 2 3/4". Anyway I love the 56 57 lincoln premiers. Lowering the roof line makes them look so killer. I'll be watching.