Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 F100 San Diego Find, Let the fun Begin!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spags, Jan 21, 2016.

1. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

After installing a sid's dropped axle removing some springs and flipping the rear end. I installed a pair of these shocks on the front. You can get them from CCP. I made a world of difference. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1455641194.786132.jpg

2. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

3. spags

spags

Good to know! I feel like I still need to remove a few leafs, would like to see it another inch lower in front and 2-3 in the rear to level it out. It currently has just a little rake which I don't mind but would rather see it level.

4. Hey Spags, have you gotten any further with this?
    Contacted Sid, great guy, and am working out the axle drop. Can't seem to find a good lower spring set. Posies has reversed eye but only gets me 1 1/2" in the spring.

5. SixtyFord

SixtyFord

Man this thread brings back memories. Looks great!

6. spags

spags

I ended up just getting the eyes reversed, I believe it was $98 to get them arched. I then pulled out 2 leafs.

7. spags

spags

Thought I would upload a most recent photo of the truck and my latest project, 1964 Honda CB160.

Attached Files:

ChuckleHead_Al likes this.
  8. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Dropping my 64 F100 the same way as you, I got a Sids axle going to remove some leafs as well, also installing disk brakes on the front end (little master cylinder won't cut it for me anymore since my daughter will be cruising with me) thanks for posting and adding pictures, you're truck looks great (I miss San Diego, I used to live in North Park)

9. spags

spags

Yeah the next steps are to add disk brakes as well. That's where my wife and I were living as well!

ChuckleHead_Al likes this.
  10. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I saved this truck from the scrap heap last week. I hope you don't mind me tagging on. I put this one in the classifieds in case someone needs a project. Price $750

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      307.8 KB
      Views:
  11. Hendee

Hendee

Love to see another Effie getting some love. Another recommendation for Sid from me as well. He set me up with what I needed for my current project. Great guy with lots of helpful advice and quick turnaround.