Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ROLL CALL!! FOR JALOPY SHOWDOWN 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Jason, May 14, 2016.

1. I just spent all day cleaning and detailing the roadster for heading up to Jalopy Showdown next weekend. Who's going? I already know of a few folks, but how about you post of pic of your ride? This way if someone doesn't know you, you can come up and introduce yourself as a fellow HAMBer once I / we spot your car or you see mine, secret hand shake optional... Here is what I'll be rolling up in rain or shine!! 20160514_212131.jpg 20160514_212345.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    jeffd1988, oj, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  2. I plan to be there, just not quite sure what I'll be driving yet. Might be a daily driver.:(

oj, mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

I will be there, but in daily driver. My car is in project stage.

4. Your roadster called and said it was ok to drive her!

5. Plan A, is the 34 delivery. I can haul everything, plus sleep in it. But it has to be 0% chance of rain. Drag slicks are a big NO NO for a wet road. I only once had an unexpected rain shower, which I pulled over until the road had dried. I can't ride in the U.F.O. more than an hour anymore. Last year I drove the Nomad because of rain in the forecast. So let's go with plan A!!! and NO RAIN!!! Ron... 060.jpg

6. The weather will decide if I blast the coupe to the show. It will have to be a damn nice forcast for that to happen. The weather has been crazy, stupid here in central PA. for weeks.

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Hoping Mother Nature smiles on us ! ! ! ! ! Thunder in the Square.jpg

8. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463349818.790856.jpg i think I have the bugs worked out of it, and it'll be there. If not it'll be my Harley again this year.

oj, Nailhead Jason, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  9. car doctor

car doctor

Taking my 32 rain or shine.My son will be going also and taking my 30 coupe. 2015-12-23 14.16.39.jpg 2016-03-09 12.15.03.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  10. ^^^Your 5 window is breathtaking^^^^

11. Can't make it this year. Hope the weather holds and you all have fun.

12. car doctor

car doctor

Thanks for the compliment! I'm real happy how it turned out and it's been a blast to drive so far.

13. That Rivi is awesome!!!

14. My slicks wish for lots of dry, warm weather!!!!! picture032.jpg

15. Please let it be dry! I'm dying to see your coupe in person!

16. '57 not quite ready this year. So it's the daily. I don't dare show up in the OT musclecar, got some shitty looks in it there once!

17. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I'll be there. I'll drive this if the weather gods smile on us. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1463362304.874876.jpg
    Taken outside OJ's shop.

18. Your coupe is gorgeous..just perfect.... Cant wait to see it. My beard should catch my drool and keep it off the paint!!!

19. JaBoney

JaBoney

We plan on coming down rain or shine!
    [​IMG]

20. oj

oj

I'm riding up with Charlie in 'Poison', open pipes all the way and takin no prisoners! Step over the fallen and let'er eat!

Attached Files:

21. Weather forecast is looking pretty crappy for Sat. What's this place like in the rain? Im going tomorrow to buy rain gear to wear when driving the roadster up. Just hoping it doesn't get stuck in the mud!

22. There's a creek that runs through the campground area and along the side of the racetrack. It's been known to overflow it's banks during heavy rains. If this weather persists the infield will at the very best be very soggy, at worst........flooded.

23. Its not supposed to rain like this in May here!!!!

24. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

It's making me nuts. Rain around DC for a month ! Maybe we'll get lucky.

25. Please let it dry up!!

26. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

It's not lookin good! :(

27. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I'll be in a rental car. I'm sure it will be pretty amazing and completely traditional. Coming in from Cali.

28. Like I posted before, the weather here in central PA, has been so stupid for going on 4 weeks now! I am totally pissed about the forcast, maybe it will change by friday, after all, weather men are payed liers !

Dino64 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  29. Local TV stations showing Friday is looking like the better day weather wise.
    So campers ought to stay dry overnight. Scary Larry hasn't posted up, anyone heard from him?

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  30. Good morning all, I have been watching the weather too. I remember when I would jump in the coupe, with no side windows. And it would be raining cats and dogs. Big rootsters tails of water, flying in the air. The wife would be catching water in a cup, and bailing it out the window. We would have to stop at a service station, to change clothes, that we had in a garbage bag in the trunk. We had so much FUN! Now the wife never attends a run, and I'm watching the weather. lol I guess what I'm trying to say, is some of you younger guys enjoy your HOT RODS, now because getting older kind of sucks. I hate driving in rain now days. But I will be there! Just not sure if it will be in a HOT ROD. My coupe is the only one that likes the MUD. lol But I can't ride in it that far anymore. But some of the most fun I ever had was doing laps in the rain and mud at the Jalopy Showdown! The weather won't stop us from having a great time, I can't WAIT! Ron...

Last edited: May 18, 2016