Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first Longroof!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cortney, Aug 17, 2012.

1. raymay

raymay

I have seen a couple 2dr conversions with just one long window which would be over 6ft long. They did not have the (did they make this) factory look I was going for. My one window is a slider just like the Tri-Five Nomads and I was able to shape my opening to accept shortened stock GM stainless. My C-pillar has been narrowed and maintains the same original angles and gives me the design flow I wanted. The earlier Malibu 2drs had a narrow straight C-pillar that did not appeal to me. I usually start out by cutting and pasting pictures, drawing and building diecast or plastic models to see what direction I want to take with my design.

IMG_4396.JPG IMG_6490.JPG

2. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Yea, you are right about that, 6 feet of glass would be long, but would that be with the standard length of a sedan 2 door or a 4 door, door?

3. raymay

raymay

The 6ft opening is when you use the longer 2dr door. A 4dr door would make the opening even bigger and totally out of proportion. I used doors, B-pillars and quarter sections from an ElCamino. The Wagons and ElCamino's have a quarter panel that is 3" longer than a Coupe or Sedan.

4. Cortney

Cortney

TTTT8, very nice wagon!

5. Cortney

Cortney

Raymay, I don't think I've ever seen a 2dr 66 wagon in person. Please post pictures of it once it's all together!

6. Cortney

Cortney

7. jeffh547

jeffh547
    from Florida

I wonder what happened to Cortney. 2½ years ago he just disappeared. :(

8. As long as its a long roof , you are in the club! LOL.Bruce.