Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help with Headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ChevTruck, May 11, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

I could do with some of help with my headers on my 48 Fleetline.... It has manifolds on it at the moment but at the end of this month i've got the car booked in for a new stainles exhaust. I really want to get a set of headers before that so everything is brand new.

My problem is the front end is out of a 79 Chevy malibu from what I was told when I bought it and i'm unsure of header fitment due to steering and suspension. I've taken some photo's for you guys to see what i'm on about.

2. Its a SBC 350 with 492 angle plug heads just to make things a bit more awkward! Are the photo's working?

3. F&J

F&J

not working for me with a laptop

4. Any reason why they wouldn't be working?

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The operative words are "angle plug heads".
    Some header mfg's do not include this feature in engineering all of their product line, many only offer them in their racing headers.

6. F&J

F&J

You are doing something wrong. If you can't figure it out, try posting the new pics in your existing HAMB photo gallery.

Then you can copy the URL of each new gallery pic, and paste it in your new pic test.

If you do get them into your gallery, but can't copy/paste them, someone here will do that for you

7. This is a Patriot Header (H8096-1 in Ceramic, H8096-B in Black) that is made Specifically for the 77-87 G metric chassis, which is what your 79 Chevelle would be. These are designed to work with most brands of angle plug heads, so as long as they used the original motor mount location you should be good to go.
    H8096-1.jpg

8. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Look for V8 headers that fit a same year El Camino

9. Is that working now?[​IMG]

10. F&J

F&J

no.

11. I really don't know what i'm doing wrong then, I done what you said

12. Can anyone see that last picture?

13. Chavezk21