Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. A Boner

A Boner

Delete lanterns, and horn, change out 4 bars to hairpins, change out headlights to small Guides, polish front wheels, adapt front brakes to wheels, install 283, shorten drag link. Wouldn't take much work, and I would be happy.

verde742 likes this.
  2. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Just got home with my new (almost) 100 year old frame! 1919 Dodge Brothers, and as solid as the day it was made.

3. butch27

butch27

Lucky: You 'll have fun with the dodge bucket. Can you tell me how wide it is at across the body,

4. verde742

verde742

neat part: both doors open

whiplash1923T likes this.
  5. Not quite sure where you want measurements from. The body tapers out from front to back. It is 28 inches across the front of the cowl/firewall. It is 38 inches across the rear of the cowl/dashboard. It also flairs out at the top as it goes back, so it is 44 inches across just behind the doors. The frame starts at 28 inches and steps out to 38 inches all the way to the back of the frame. Hope that helps!

6. They do

Sent from my SM-G900T using H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Don't worry about stopping power Fred - best braking car I ever owned was my T Bucket with '40 drums on the front & stock Mustang 8" drums on the rear. Make sure they're adjusted right and you'll wonder why anyone wants discs!

The last car I had with drums on the front was a '66 Mustang back in the early 80's and I hated it. So my main concern is stopping power for a lite car with a bit of power.[/QUOTE]

8. Opening isn't a problem. Keepng them closed right now is!

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Motivation. Get off your collective asses and do something T Bucket related... in tha GARAGE! Oh, and the next time someone questions your 90 year old suspension set up, let 'em watch the clip from the "Peter Gunn" episode with Norm's T. They're in the following clip. I think they'll shut the f*ck up. Thanks, Von Franco.

Back on track, ladies. Back on track!

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So............ nothing? Hmm....... is this how threads die? Slowly? Well, I'm about to receive a lot of my frame brackets soon. I'll post pics of what I get. You guys can take a look and comment, if you like. Or..... nothing.

need louvers ? and RICH B like this.
  11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I don't think the thread will die Fred. Post away, we are here :)

12. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I'm here and with you Fred. '40 Ford Front and "A" rear suspension. Guys & Gals builders are dumping this stuff at swaps on the cheap.
    Ask the builder and racer of "Old Yeller". Can't remember his name. I'll take a shot Brotouski. Probably not even close.
    Okay Okay Okay I've said it again.

need louvers ? likes this.
  13. Max Balchowsky.

14. And where are those swaps with the cheap parts? I need a good running flathead, and a banjo rearend. All I can find lately are garbage parts going for gold prices.

15. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Shit I had a late flathead block I couldn't find a crack in. I couldn't give it away. A friend building a '48 Ford coupe sold all the running gear to some Ozzies for a few Hundred at Sacramento a couple of years ago. It's all out there.

16. just so you know I've started pulling the radiator and shell off the front of mine, gonna chop it down to get a better look to the front. I'll post some pics when I get further along.

26 T Ford RPU and AndersF like this.
  17. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Graham mine is an inch or two too high along with the windshield (what's that in metric) I've just decided to live with it. Yours is an inch or two higher than mine. You'll see, it will just finish your rod.

Baraboo? Hey this shit is where you find it. Von Franko rescued a T body going to the dumps. I found mine at an estate sale while out following signs. You know it's like gambling, I don't tell you about the hundred times I go to swaps and garage sales and I don't find anything. You just hear bout the wins/finds.

Yes $10 I actually bought one. Wall hanger. That and the back sheetmetal of a '50s car?
    SANY0100.jpg

18. That's funny, I have the engine out of Von Franco's Frankentiki in my garage! Not complaining, it's half the fun scrounging for parts and looking for a bargain. I could have the car done already if I spent stupid money on it. As it is, I only have about $1500 in my body and frame. Hope to keep the spending as low as possible on this build.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    dana barlow, brad2v and AndersF like this.
  19. Will pull my T down soon for finishing work, but at the moment I cant stop test driving it. JW
    [​IMG]

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's the main reason I won't be driving mine till I finish all the paint etc.
    I know that if I do it might get permanently put off and end up looking like (Shudder :D:eek:) A rat rod :eek:
    No thanks :D

dana barlow and tfeverfred like this.
  21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, I ordered my brackets from CCR today and now I wait for the brown truck/chariot of the Hot Rod Gods to arrive next week.:) Once I have the brackets in place, I can concentrate on getting a rolling chassis by June. Fingers crossed.

I was only kidding about the thread dying. It's just that sometimes, when I need a little motivation, I look here for updates or just T Bucket chatter.

dana barlow likes this.
  22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Word. I did that with the wiring in my old Bucket. I used new wire and scrap pieces to get her running. My intention was to one day, do it up right.:rolleyes: Well, all I can say is, I hope the guy who bought my T has a sense of humor, if anything goes wrong. He'll need it.

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

By the way Fred, my wife glanced over my shoulder the other night and got a look at your avatar :D
    She asked me what the heck kind of forum I hang out on and am a member of. :D
    She knows it's a hot rod forum and she is from Texas, the Dallas area.
    I explained to her who it was and she was still not impressed. :D Go figure :D
    Good thing she loves me. :)
    Larry

24. In New Zealand we have a rather tough certification law, the car is basically finished and I feel its best to check it all out now than redo or change things on a finished car. JW

dana barlow likes this.
  25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My ex-girlfriend did that once. I half assed looked for another girl friend shortly afterwards. And Blue..... you should see the pics Ryan deleted.;) You'd be wearing a skillet for a hat.:cool:

dana barlow likes this.
  26. verde742

verde742

As they say "Its only temporary, unless it works "

Gramps said:: " If you think they are laughing just a little to hard at yer attempt to humor them, CHECK YOUR ZIPPER.."

dana barlow and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  27. nobux

nobux

I'm in the same boat. I just wanted to make sure everything worked, but I've been using mine as a daily driver.
    I have been taking care of some little bugs that have popped up. Fortunately, nothing major.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looking at the picture above, reminds me of how crazy or brave we are to drive these cars on city streets with regular cars zipping around us. I used to do that when I came out of a store and noticed how my car had disappeared because one or two bigger cars parked around her. Or, when I'd be at a stop light, next to an 18 wheeler.

When compared to that SUV, our cars are just a speed bump. That's it. Just an observation.

29. butch27

butch27

Lucky: Thanks; that 44" was the measurement I was looking for.