Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SOUTHEAST GASSERS "BRAND X" BUILD

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HEMIBERT, Oct 12, 2015.

1. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

Nice! I cant think of a better tow rig for the 'cuda. What year Rambler wagon?

2. Thank you very much!

3. 1960 Flathead 6, aluminum 2 carb head. Had to do a lot of frame work. Bout ready to drive. Need window rubber for rear hatch window.

4. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

Nice! That oughta be a fun cruiser, I've got a huge soft spot for wagons.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

How about an update ?

6. Sorry, not had time to update. 3 more days to opener, not near done, but I will make it. We're busting it as hard as we can. Engine sounds good, clutch works good, brakes stop and I've got to at least get a hit on it before Greer. I'd hate for that to be the first pass, but if it is, it is. I'll be there.

7. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Let us know how you do...

8. Will do. I'll be happy to just go straight, hit all the gears and have fun. Have a lot of old friends coming together from all over the U.S. Haven't been all together in a long, long time. Just like the old days.

TNTBOO, sonic03bluegt, TFoch and 4 others like this.
  9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I look forward to seeing it Saturday

sonic03bluegt likes this.
  10. Well, Greer was an experience for me. Man, do I have a lot to re-learn! Not a full pass all day. All on the driver. GREER1.jpg Too busy to watch a great race. Got loaded at 3am Sat , grabbed 1 1/2 hrs sleep and took off. Just got home. A 26 week build, but too many little things left undone. We'll fix them and go on to Union in 2 weeks.

11. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

At least you got it there.. Hold your head high. There are not many people who could do what you have done in that amount of time......

12. Thanks for the words. Being our first competing attendance anywhere in such a long time, we were surprise at the welcome we got from the gassers. Everyone friendly and encouraging. No wonder the organization is growing so fast! Say quite a few HAMB members there too. Good to know people followed the build.

13. elgringo71

elgringo71

You made it to the season opener and were able to make some runs. You did great!!!! That helped you discover some bugs and things to be improved on the car and you will be back in action again very soon with an improved car. You are right the SE gassers are great people and you were part of the show that people came to see that broke another attendance record at Greer.

loudbang, 62hotcat and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. I would call your first outing with the car a success ! You allways have to sort out the car and yourself. Seems like I have to do it every spring, LOL. Like Dale Wilson (BAD PENNY) says, its not about the times you run but the TIMES YOU HAVE. Congrats on the build and your first runs.

loudbang and TNTBOO like this.
  15. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

Car looked Great!!! By next seasons opener you will have car all figured out--have it tuned up and you will be a senior member making some blistering gear banging high winding runs--same as all of us--that first outing is always tough--you are on your way with a killer looking car---rest up and keep on keeping on!! you did awesome by just showing up!!!

16. Congrats on getting the car out there! It was a lot of work in a short amount of time.

17. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

Getting the car to the race is a big accomplishment....

loudbang likes this.
  18. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

That looks Cooler then Cool and fit's right in!!!

Jimbo

loudbang likes this.
  19. I thought you did great! The car looks good and went straight. You did 100% better than I did on my first outting :D Looking forward to hanging out more at Steel In Motion, yesterday was a blurr.

sonic03bluegt likes this.
  20. Blur was right. Been meaning to stop and talk to you since last year. You were always working when I came by last year, and we know what yesterday was like!

Dog_Patch and 62hotcat like this.
  21. 62hotcat

62hotcat

Great job. You should see if you can get in on a track rental. Best money and time i ever spent. Made about 6 passes to set up car and then close to 15 launches to practice pro tree. Before went out first round after rental first event made it to the semis. By the way i run NSS 62 pontiac catalina.

loudbang likes this.
  22. TNTBOO

TNTBOO

Had a great time hanging out with you and your wife Saturday. We've come full circle (it just took 35 years). Tim and my gang were all impressed with the car. I have seen you build everything from Hemi Colts to airplanes and knew from the first time Tim told me about what you was up to you would make it to the first race.

loudbang and Quain Stott like this.
  23. Anyone that has never home built from scratch, and run a manual shifted drag car has no idea of the magnitude of your accomplishment. And the fun is just beginning, along with a boatload of more work. Great job. Will look for the car at SIM, I couldn't make Greer.

JB_roadrage likes this.
  24. Thanks. We've come a long way to be back at the beginning haven't we!

TNTBOO likes this.
  25. I know, I just didn't get done in time to take Quain up on his testing opportunities. I live about 5 miles from the Bristol dragstrip and we can test 1 or 2 times every week, but it's not like being by yourself. It is a good chance to show the ricers what a gasser is though.

loudbang and 62hotcat like this.
  26. Great, great words mikey. Never looked at it that way. It's not the times you run but it's the times you have.

loudbang likes this.
  27. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Bert

You Cuda really makes a very cool looking gasser, have you come up with your paint layout sure looking forward to seeing it all painted up

Do you have a air scoop in mind too ?

The rears are hanging out just about the right amount too

Good job Dude, Don

28. dwollam

dwollam

Great build Bert! Keep up the good work. I just found and read all this tonight. Will be back looking for more.

29. Not sure on paint yet. The black was free and I was out of time. Got the scoop Quain recommended. 60's era gasser scoop. It rained really hard going home Sat night. Tired of the trash bag route with the carbs and velocity stacks. Bunch of changes for this next race. Changing to C/G and might have something for them.

loudbang and enloe like this.
  30. Thanks, keep checking in.