Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Undergoing body reassignment surgery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squablow, Jul 15, 2011.

1. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Very nice work, and you got to love photoshop.

2. Hey Jon! It's me. Looks like you did it again, on the 1 on nun, Chrysler sedan conversion.

This is the first time I seen a pic of the '60 finished. You make it look so friggin' easy! Like I mentioned before, sure whish I had yer talent.

I finally left FwdLk, and heading off in another direction. I got flathead Duce hi-boy visions.

However my daughter, the one that won this years Miss Chrysler Carlisle beauty contest, still has the ' 61 Dodge Convt. She and wifey both throwed a hissy fit when I put it up F/S in a fit of flustration from FwdLk. So,,,,,,, it's hers.

Anyway.

Could I ask you to keep an eye out for a good pr, of those rear wheel, stainless stone/gravel shields, (that aren't all 'stoned') and the rear bumper guard, for her car, please? THANKS!

email addy is still the same; [email protected]

3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know this is an ooold thread, but a "Like" just popped up that didn't look familiar to me. I checked it out to see what it was, and it brought me back to this thread. As I said before, I really like this car and would be interested in finding out what really happened to it. Any more information?

4. Squablow

Squablow

It sat for a few years but I actually started back in on it a couple weeks ago and should hopefully have some new updates soon. I'm going back to the original concept of stocker/sleeper with poverty caps and radio delete. Hoping to have it back together and roadable in a month or so.

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Jon, hows it going? Its good to see you still have the car. I still have the file so if you need any photoshoppery just let me know. Hows the green Chebbie doing?
    Eli

Squablow likes this.
  6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I was responsible for the mystery likes today. Back at the time this thread was current, a NICE '62 300 popped up in the neighborhood for next to nothing, and I was trying to rationalize it's purchase. Well, another has come my way... Not next to nothing this time, though.

kidcampbell71, OahuEli and Squablow like this.
  7. Squablow

Squablow

Eli, the plans for the Chrysler right now are just like the first photoshop you did for it, I don't have it saved anymore but it had black steel wheels and dog dish caps and stock quarters. I really liked the Imperial fins and '58 Fairlane side trim but I decided the sleeper look would be easier to finish and to sell if I decide to sell it once it's done.

The green Chevy has a whine in 3rd gear but otherwise is still great, that one turned out exactly like the photoshop looked. Skirts are off in the pic and the colors look darker but in person with the skirts on it's a dead ringer.

6darktopoverbottom.jpg 03-31-15 005.jpg

kidcampbell71 and OahuEli like this.
  8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Your Chevy turned out real cool, were you able to complete the "built for a dollar" idea?
    I dug up a coupla shots of your Chrysler project. I do like them fins though.! :D 5. Squablows  \'62 Chrysler Sleeper.jpg 16. Chopped with wheels.jpg

Stogy and Squablow like this.
  9. Squablow

Squablow

The Chevy is my girlfriend's car, and every penny in that car (even the insurance premiums) came from that original $1, and the process is still going, she made a few more dollars this week which is saving up for some transmission work. She's done a great job keeping up with that.

The fins do look great, and I still have them, but I'm going to stick with the plain-jane stripper look like the first pic above. It's been sitting around too long and I've got to get it on the road finished, and that'll be the easiest way, plus it's a cool look. Thanks for posting these pics again, I had lost them but I'll save this set for sure, and I'll post updates once I have some progress worth taking pictures of. Currently working on the rockers and some small floorpan repairs.

Stogy likes this.
  10. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with leaving it stock. I bet you that 90% of the "experts" at car shows would insist it's factory original and say "I had one just like this in high school". Plus, I really liked these cars when they first came out, so to me, this a perfect "phantom".

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    kidcampbell71 and Squablow like this.
  11. Squablow

Squablow

Have been working on this Chrysler again lately, I'm making a big effort to narrow down my collection but I want to get this car together before I put it for sale, here's a current pic.

IMG_3711.JPG

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey, I had one just like that in high school! Only it was a Chevy, and red...:D:rolleyes:

Squablow likes this.
  13. Joatha

Joatha

I love what you have done on that car. I am happy to hear you are not going to add the fins - think its fine as-is (although, they have grown on me).

Also, I am pretty well convinced that you should name this car "Caitlyn". :p

need louvers ? likes this.
  14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn that's evil! Thank god you got past the fins and chop stuff....

15. Squablow

Squablow

IMG_3982.JPG IMG_3976.JPG
    Got the body all back together and got the old paint to match pretty good, has quarter windows and seats in it, drove it around the parking lot a bit but it still needs work. I'd sell it as-is but no one seems to want to tackle the rear leaf spring shackle mount rot so I'm probably going to push through and get it to driver status.

16. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Where did the last 5 years go? I would have sworn that this thread was started last summer not 5 years ago.

Stogy, Squablow and Baumi like this.
  17. Squablow

Squablow

I know, right? I used to think stories about old guys leaving cars sit for 10 or 20 years were just crazy, now I can easily see how that could happen. I'm glad to have this car at least be in one piece and have all it's glass in it at this point but I never would have guessed it would take this long to get there!

Stogy likes this.
  18. Jon did you ever finish an sell this one of a kind car? I always liked it.

Stogy likes this.
  19. Squablow

Squablow

I sold it to a younger guy who fixed the rear frame legs/leaf spring mounts and made a new trunk pan for it, and I've seen it around (at least once) at a local show, fully functional. A couple of custom additions were made to it that weren't really to my taste but overall it was great to see it on the road and getting miles put on it. Currently driving a '57 Chevy 210 converted in the same way. If I see the Chrysler out and about again I'll try to get a couple pictures and update, but it did end up finished and driving so that's cool.

OahuEli and ffr1222k like this.