Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

2. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Draging this Ford might be worth a cock or two in your face.
    CSX2XXX_-_JoelRosensMotionPerformanceDraginsnake.jpg

Dog_Patch and saltflats like this.
  3. i will pass on that.

62Furious and Tickety Boo like this.
  4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1461547246854.jpg
    Halfway there. We spent several hours today at the local high school parking lot making laps to break in the clutch. Made just over 100 laps (that is 200 stop and goes) HOLY COW! We easily averaged 6 shifts per lap. I have to tell you it was a tough day holding her down and playing nice...she really wants to GO!

wingnutz, loudbang, powrshftr and 5 others like this.
  5. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

I think somebody's needle skipped.

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

So tonight before heading back out of town for work,we managed to get the transmission,bellhousing,clutch fork,throw out bearing,crossmember,shifter and linkage,and 99.9% of the line lock wiring in the car and wrapped up.
    Also got the new driveshaft in the car,and confirmed that it's probably going to be a couple inches too short.lol!
    Will swap out the front springs next time I'm home,which will probably be in 3 or 4 weeks....Working nights til then.
    Hopefully the motor will be wrapped up about the same time this job is.
    I've been sweating over the thought of getting the new clutch broke in like Deuced Up has been doing.
    I feel like we made a ton of headway tonight,but there's so much left to do,my head is spinning.Luckily my Dad is giving me a hand with it while I'm out of town,so hopefully we will get it squared away with plenty of time to spare for working the bugs out and shaking it down.:)

Scott

8. School me on this clutch breaking in thing. I'm running the cintered iron RAM clutch and just started making passes on it. Guess that was breaking it in. It probably needs the base pressure backed off next.
    We went to Test N Tune at Shady Side yesterday and the track was used to film a Street Outlaws show or something. They had glue from the start to the finish and wall to wall :) Almost didn't need to look out the windshield :rolleyes:

Tickety Boo, loudbang and II FUNNY like this.
  9. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

10. powrshftr

powrshftr

What are they calling for?Another government bail-out...?;)

Leadsled51 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

so, I think I heard you either rebuilt your motor or built a new one....what's the skinny? How did it go?

12. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am using the McCloed 1000 hp Two Stage hydraulic unit. They say it it has to be broken in...1250 clutch depressions in what they call stop and go driving. They said just drive it 500 miles in the city before you step on it hard...they are real serious about the break in time. Note this in not a purely race day clutch. It will hold for hard race shifting but it is fairly street friendly as well.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  13. great clutches. both my son and I use them. my son got about 200 miles on his then did drag week with no problems.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  14. Yep is the new 5/8 stroker whammy jammy plus bigger cam. The intake gaskets were overhanging the intake runners a little last year. Got that fixed on this engine. So last year it ran on a 125 pill and was plenty rich, yesterday I ran with a wide band O2 and it was saying lean and the plugs were white. Went through my pills down to 95 - still lean so I was not dogging it. Quain has every pill ever made, so we took a stab with a 70 and got some color on the plugs, the O2 said 14. Went back and put in a 60 and time ran out at the track. It pulls hard and uses 2x the gas as last year. Now if I can just find a driver - or change the car name to "Slow Hand" :oops: Definitely the drivers fault from here on out.

15. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Great to hear Dogpatch... We are looking forward to seeing you and your sock collection in July

Dog_Patch likes this.
  16. wow thats a huge change. the a/f gauges are the shit. they pay for themselves in no time.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  17. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

How about a blown Oldsmobile and no cock?
    13007187_10154034780878956_2099363095368403365_n.jpg

18. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Best way to break in a clutch is to install one of these and forget about it.
    PICT0968.JPG

Tickety Boo likes this.
  19. Scott, just remember its GM that builds vehicles with a button to push so you can call a wrecker...

20. That kid in the background makes the shot!

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

Gotta have 3 pedals to sleep in my garage.

Scott

22. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Went and did some testing yesterday and ran a 10.67 @ 124 on this pass. Little more tuning and I think we're good for the Meltdowns.

Jon

23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rock and Roll baby! Music to my ears!

Falcon Gasser likes this.
  24. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

The little honker is badass that right there fellas is the real deal I just hope my digger looks half as kool as that

powrshftr and BigDrag like this.
  25. You need to go to one of Eric Koopenshifterflingers work shops & do some shiftercising. Then we'll all be calling you the High Plains Shifter!

Dog_Patch and 55belairx2 like this.
  26. Those are for NANCY's!

27. That thing is bitchen!

28. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is my mid 10 second pass from this weekend. From one end of the parking lot to the other. I made about 2oo of them! LMAO! :p:p:p

Dog_Patch and Falcon Gasser like this.
  29. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

I can only count to two. Three pedals, four speeds that stuff is just a mystery to me.
    2576235793_f7aa0acab6.jpg