Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Nailhead / Weber setup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 345, Apr 24, 2016.

1. 345

from Michigan

I'm considering a IDF Weber setup for my 364 Buick Nailhead and hoping to hear from Hambers who have some experience I can learn from.

I believe IDF and IDA footprints are different. There is a Kring manifold for IDA's but I don't see anything for IDF's for the nailhead???

My Drive line is a 364 Nailhead, Autogear M20 and winters QC. From reading Russ Martin's notes he suggests that plenty of carburation is not wasted on a nailhead.

What size Weber? 4 X 44 IDF or 4 X 48 IDF??

What manifold?

Thanks!!!

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I believe the 44 and 48 IDF share the same choke spacing. But not aware of a IDF intake for nailhead. Check with Jim Inglese.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Wasnt there a dyno test on a nailhead with 48 ida's a couple years ago in HRD?

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Yes there was. I have the article here some where. But no info on using IDF's with the nailhead. Nothing wrong with IDA's, they just cost more....

5. 345

from Michigan

Thanks guys, I haven't contacted Jim yet but welcome any other thoughts / experiences / advice on Weber IDF spec for this type of powertrain.

6. ghornbostel

ghornbostel

Oh boy are you gonna have fun.....

Greg