Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 6 weeks until Spring Carlisle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Mar 8, 2016.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Its comeing up quicker than you think....I am doing my yearly inventory....finding stuff I bought and did not put on inventory....cleaning and buffing and repairing....it takes me about 30 hours to count everything and doing the computer work for the new print out.....almost 4,000 pcs of trim to count.....who else is looking forward......stan

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. I am really looking forward to the annual trip this spring!! Hobo Jim

3. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Yeah...me too! I don't really have much stuff on my "want list", but I really enjoy browsing. And I'll stop by to chat with Stan.

4. ........You will for sure find something that you didn't know you needed.:D

GeezersP15 and Ron Funkhouser like this.

5. Carlisle should be a national holiday! I never miss it, I cant think of any thing I need. But the stuff I don't need will find me anyway! ha. ha. Ron...

GeezersP15 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. 5window

5window

Never miss it, but I am questioning whether or not I really should go. Two hours drive, prices and parking are up, vendor numbers are down and I could only go Wednesday. I always have a good time, but I think I'll wait and see what the weather is like. Good luck if you go-buying or selling.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'll be there again Stan spaces NK 37-39... sellin' DVD's ....Weather looks good, Beer's cold and Hamb banner will be hangin..stop by and say Hi

8. I"m in for a Thursday pillaging

Oldmics

9. 5window

5window

Colonoscopy tomorrow, Carlisle on Wednesday. Weather looks good.

10. Bob Andrews

Bob Andrews

Probably my 15th year in a row. My favorite meet of the year! Will be there Tuesday night, waiting at the gate Wed. morning. Primarily looking at cars, will be at the auction both days as a registered buyer. Also a sucker for Sinclair paraphernalia, since that was my dad's gas station :)

11. Fedman

Fedman

Damn...... From the "Outhouse to the Penthouse" :D

Best of luck tomorrow, and enjoy Carlisle on Wednesday!

12. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

We will be there Wed & Thurs., decided Fridays are elbow to asshole and it ain't worth the hassles. Been going every spring since 84 and ready for more!!

13. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

Drive past it everyday, looked in today and saw that a lot of the spaces already set-up, at least on the turnpike side. Also quite a few vehicles on the top of the hill car corral . I will be there on Friday.

14. Sounds like plenty of crap in your immeadent future !

Oldmics

Ron Funkhouser and chevy57dude like this.
  15. 24 hours till Wednesday morning!
    This year I vow to only buy parts for cars I actually own. Or plan to own. Unless it's something really cool. Or unusual. Maybe a bike, that's not actually a car part. Tools don't count, so they're ok. Shop art also gets a free pass.

Ron Funkhouser and Bob Andrews like this.
  16. We will be heading out at 3AM see you guys on Thursday!!! Hobo Jim

17. I plan on going this year, 1st time since 1975 or so. Just one day, in and out. Bringing the OT SUV and lots of cash.

18. mikesfastlane

mikesfastlane

Will be here Wed morning with a truck load of neat Stuff and a 1930 Plymouth Roadster ,looking to make a little room in the Garage and some cash to finish my 3 window ........always a good time

19. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

See you Friday, Listen for the Cow bell

20. 5window

5window

I weighed 8 pounds less after the prep than when I started. HMMM.

21. Gates open in 10 hours.....

22. strnge

strnge

This will be my first trip there.

I like to go for the swap meet.

Is it worth it to go on Wednesday? How full is it? What days to most of the venders show up?

23. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

A lot more vendors set up today and this evening there seemed to be a good many people walking around. I have never been there on a Wednesday, always working, I go on Friday or Saturday. I do know some guys who don't get there to Thursday afternoon or Friday morning to set up due to their work schedules.

24. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

From a Vendors standpoint it depends on what you seek as far as Wed goes.
    It's changing alot (not necessarily for the better)
    Wed most of the big name vendors are in setting up and selling
    Thursday most everyone including garage cleaners that have the one only parts are setting up or selling
    If you aren't there by Friday to buy you probably missed most of the hard to find parts
    Saturday is like Sunday used to be..Many non professional vendors (not saying that to be nasty as those are the guys that have the hard to find stuff one only stuff and stuff you can get at a bargain because they aren't going to 30 meets a year like me...they want it gone while they are there) Those guys are packing up by noon.
    Sunday is like many multi day meets anymore ...tire kicker day and 2/3rds of the vendors are gone . I close up saturday night normally and walk around sunday till noon and head back to the burg

25. strnge

strnge

I don't go to the swap meets for the professional vendors. I go for the garage cleaners, and venders that sell 3-4 times a year at shows. So would Thursday and Friday be the best days for me to go?

26. Strnge - The place is huge. There will be plenty of stuff for sale today. You're close enough to come out multiple days!

27. strnge

strnge

I think I'm going to go Wednesday Thursday Friday. What has me concerned is the Facebook photos show almost nothing there as of yesterday afternoon

28. chiro

chiro

I always go Thursday because of my work schedule. It has always been great. Most vendors are up and you can find many hard to get parts. I missed both spring and fall last year due to work but I usually go to both. Leaving tonight and will be there when the gates open tomorrow.

Andy

29. subneil56

subneil56
    from bristol vt

all loaded up heading out in 5 . 4. 3. 2. 1. now. have fun out there .

30. I will be there when the Gates open too. Hope everyone finds a good deal. If you see me say a hi de do. I will be the old dude pulling the LOW UFO wagon. Hopefully it will have some cool old stuff strapped to it ha. ha. RON... 146.jpg