Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chrysler newyorker custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Sep 15, 2011.

1. I like this one the best. Sets off the red roof really well.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. impala4speed

impala4speed

I'm digging the dark red.

3. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Good news went through the whole car and fixed all the wiring and everything is working great now ..fixed the air ride and cleaned up and re routed alot of the wires .. car runs well but still a few little issues before I will know 100 % if everything is good for the ignition system ... my goal is to get these brakes bleed the rest of the way and I'll be able to test drive it then take it for alinement and hopefully drive it to a show before the end of the season ...Also got alot of stuff moved into the new wearhouse so I will actually have some room and will.be back on track shooting for the car to be almost complete next season

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Still gotta do some more blocking but I got everything fixed up that got damage and got the car running and trailered it to our Wearhouse for a car show we put on ... I drove around a little in are parking area

Attached Files:

5. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

A few pics from the show .. sorry I didn't have time to take much but I will have a video up soon

Attached Files:

6. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Started the rear quarter .. got the bottom rear cut out and started to cut the whole bottom across then I realized that alot of the areas were not as bad as we thought so I only cut out a couple inch piece ...all the other areas around the wheel lip that looked bad ended up being dents from the previous owner using pliers to bend the inner part of the lip up to fit 22s. ..

Attached Files:

7. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Filled the holes in the rear and started cleaning up the 59 caddy light mounts I made a few yrs ago ... Also welded up the old body seems and got them grinned down and still need to do one more pass to build up the passenger side to make the gap right for the trunk seam

Attached Files:

8. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

OK I'm back I'll be posting more pics and info soon but I've been very busy. .so far on this car the rear quarters are replaced and truck is fixed and the 65 Mustang tank is in now we are just trying to work out the issues with the pushbutton

9. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Attached Files:

10. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Also picked up this model t I got plans for

Attached Files:

11. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Ok well had the car out before the end of last year and the steering box leaked so it's getting sent back.... Part of the problem is the headers touched it and got it and the starter to hot so I'm trying to find manifolds that will work with the bracket I made for the alternator.. And lights came on but stayed on hahaha so there is some things I have to go through but I'm working on the car and have a 6 week deadline to at least drive it to a show.... Had a bad dent in the rear quarter but I got it out mostly and I also have a good size leak on the back of the tranny so I got the seal so we will see

12. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

13. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Any one know of any type of headers that would clear the steering box ???

14. 73RR

73RR

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  15. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

16. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

17. 73RR

73RR

...that would be correct...as I said before, if it/they fit a 1960 they should also fit your '59.

18. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

That would be a big black Also I gotta make a new account tonight and I'm gonna comment on the thread

19. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I also don't have ttorsion bars to worry about

20. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] this is what I found online I also replied to see what was the model numbers it w.e I need to know to get the right ones but Idk if you would know if hear are right They look close to me

21. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]
    I have a set like this that did not work and we tired to modify them but well. That didn't work haha

22. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Update on the car so far. Haven't had time to do much but shipped the steering box out and it should be back by Monday the only issues is some of the washers that have a cone shape broke. They are cast and idk if I can use flat washers or if that will be a big deal. Only one broke I believe and I'm going to try to get some work done on it tonight and my days off this week for sure

23. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Well I gave up on trying to salve the rear quarters that were patched badly I have a friend coming to try to help I'm just not skilled enough to fix it and I can not find replacement quarters

24. George

George

Did you check with Black Car?

25. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Never heard of them I know I have had people suggest places before but everything was far away but it looks like I will have to have then shipped if I'm gonna find any. I was gonna look into some 57 Plymouth ones and see if I can make them work because they have to make those

26. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Well desert valley auto has some rears for 850!!! A side and idk if I'm willing to do that plus shipping

27. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I called and the company said it requires a mini starter but I could not get one as you remember so idk if that is something that actually needs to be changed or not. Still waiting on a reply on the other forum Would the 60 have the same set up as my 59 for trans and motor and what not

28. George

George

Shouldn't be any external differences between a '59 BB & tranny vs a '60.

29. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Ok because I can't bet a short starter or any starter at all only the stock one so that's what worries me

30. George

George