Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Professional Transportation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucas doolin, Apr 15, 2016.

1. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Right away, consult HAMBers who offer transportation for your needs. If no one is available, PM me for a reference. Back story. Last year I bought a 1956 Lincoln Premiere convertible on eBay. Black plate Califas all its life. Once the euphoria of having acquired a long desired prize subsided, I was faced with the dilemma of how to bring it from LA to Louisville. Tried a couple of transporters I knew w/o results. So I rolled the dice and contacted brokers on the net. And got VERY lucky. Broker hooked me up with a professional car hauler - husband and wife team - BRAND NEW Peterbuilt Tractor and BRAND NEW 8 car open trailer. Picked up the Lincoln at 6:30 Tuesday PM and delivered it at 6:30 Friday PM. Great communications all along and ZERO problems. NO DAMAGE. And ... saved the best part for last ... a killer price. I recommend these folks based on my first hand experience. BTW, they will haul rollers. Vehicle does not have to run. Again, patronize HAMB providers whenever possible - that's what I do - but feel free to PM me if nothing is working out. Lucas

abe lugo likes this.
  2. nnunky

nnunky

hi
    whats the contact details of the company you mentioned.
    thanks

3. Lucas,

Glad your story ended well.

When you buy a car - best thing to do is go after it yourself with a trailer if you can't drive it home.

If that is not possible - hire someone you can talk to that will haul it the way you would.

Make sure they are insured.

I just dropped off this 1929 Model A 150 Woody Wagon
    along with a Subaru Forester near Seattle, WA on Saturday that I hauled cross country from Connecticut.

The owner had followed me for many years on Ford Barn and the Woody had been in the family over 45 years.

Jim

image.jpeg

4. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Hello Jim,
    Totally agree. That was ALWAYS my MO. But the last 4 cars I acquired, I used professional haulers and have been both lucky and very satisfied. I also realized that it was far less expensive to have the car delivered than going to fetch it myself. When I win the lottery this weekend, I'll buy an older rollback, but that will be for semi local runs. And I'll keep your contact for future reference. HAMBers will always come first.

trulyvintage likes this.

5. Lucas,

Nothing beats driving your " new car " home on a road trip !

There are still thousands of small haulers running the roads that you can reach directly by phone instead of going thru an auto transport broker if you want a car hauled.

No one can be everywhere at once ...

As another member suggested - you should post the name & number of the huband/wife time
    that did a good job for you ....

Jim

6. cosears

cosears

I have a COE ford cab and chassis to go to Austrailia from Nebraska, any body equipped to handle this ? Please contact me and I will forward to buyer

7. cosears

cosears

Looking to ship this COE to Australia from Nebraska, anybody on here able to handle this? I will forward to buyer. Thanks, Dean December 2016