Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What would you do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Apr 1, 2016.

1. gas & guns

gas & guns

Clean the walnuts out of the carb. Dump some gas in her.
    Drag her down the road about 70, pop the clutch and see if she'll fire up.

2. gas & guns

gas & guns

Damn, I forgot...
    Bring an air tank.

Tim likes this.
  3. It would go from sitting & rotting where its at. To sitting & rotting at my place. I would fill all the open engine orafices with oil and seal the engine from the elements. And have lots of fun telling people its not for sale my grandson is gonna fix it up someday.

MyCrustyVW, blowby and Jet96 like this.
  4. LOL A rewire is number one on the list. I was looking at it again this morning and the wiring looks like it was done by a spastic chimp on meth. :eek: :D it would definitely get the 'beaner simplified wiring harness if I thought that I could make it run.

If I discovered that nothing was salvageable from the Hemi I know there there are some that could be had but I probably would firsdt ask @saltflats if I could have one of his W motors that way it would at east retain big rocker covers. LOL

The nice thing about a deuce is that you can buy literally every body panel for one except the roof and pillars and they look pretty solid in the pics.

@Nailhead Brooklyn you got nuthin to worry about your newly acquired Pops would take the time to learn you what you think you don't know how to do. ;)

5. raven

raven

"I'd page @JimSibley ..."
    Best answer, yet.
    I'd take it one, just because it's probably going to be cheaper to buy and then build little by little, than buying something that doesn't need that much work...
    r

6. Jibs

Jibs

I thought these pictures looked familiar, they are off my clubs fotki site. http://public.fotki.com/WCSR/wcsr-project-cars-1/wcsr-vintage-tin/page61.html
    These pictures were taken by my friend Wally when he was trying to buy the coupe. Coupe was very bad, sheet metal was so thin you could poke a hole with you finger. The lady that owned the cars wanted a lot more than what it was worth, altho we did not know she had a title for it until after she sold it. The engine was open to the weather for over 10 years, probably locked up forever. There were two 60s Mopars that shared the yard with the 32, they are on the next page of the fotki site. The rusty yellow 65 was a drag car, the GTX was also raced. I think the 65 had a 426 max wedge, GTX was a Hemi car, both of them are also gone. From what my friend was told the widow gave the rusty yellow 65 to the guys that owned Uniontown Speed shop, as that's who her husband raced with. So all you dreamers can come back to reality, the 32 is gone.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. 1st off it's deuce five window.:cool: So I'm taking it home.o_O Clean all the bugs off of it and put it in my living room:eek:. I will have the room because my wife would have left by now.:p I would still have to have it.;)

8. It would be more fun to say, "I'm gonna fix it up someday." Then I could be one of those guys. :D

One thing to think about and it is so sinful I am nearly afraid to mention it, ah hell I haven't had a bad beating in a long time. The body is beat for sure, and while I am the world's most optimistic cynic when it comes to old cars, one could perhaps salvage the chassis and hand a glass body on it.

I would not out him personally but a certain HAMBer captured a rally cool '34 chassis and running gear, old from back in the day minus the body and built a 3 window that no one ever knew it was glass until he told them. :eek: :D :D

saltflats likes this.
  9. My 55 chevy wagon is setting where its easily seen. And Some one is always stopping and asking about it. And I used to tell them Nope Im gonna fix it up someday. You could almost hear the gears turning in their head. They are thinking He is old when He dies I just come get it From his heirs. Now I have this little motor head grandson. So I changed to my grandson is gonna fix it up someday. And He is here a lot. If he is here and I point at him when I make that statement It really frogs them out. It is part of the enjoyment.

10. stimpy

stimpy

way beyond anything I want to do again , probably put it up here on the hamb for sale , buy a case of PNB 's and PBR for Pnb as a finders fee ( then get arrested for attempted murder or a terrorist action after he eats them ) , and then hear the trolling 2 karet goldchainer who bought it bitch and whine on how he got screwed on a car he thought was a paint and go .

11. Lancer

Lancer

@porknbeaner assess what works, what needs rebuilt/refurbed, see whats missing. Make it mechanically functional. I'd really try to preserve as much of the history as possible. Its one of a kind. Treat it as such. That Hemi, wow!

12. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

if it has a clear title I might go $400. and turn it into yard art for the meantime.

13. looked like a Desoto motor

14. Crankbox

Crankbox

Haha .. brilliant. :)

15. moefuzz

moefuzz

I'd rip that boat anchor hemi out of it and put in a sbc.

falcongeorge likes this.
  16. buy some sheet metal, get out the hammers and put a new spool of wire on my miller. in 5 years I might have all the rust fixed.

17. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

My exact sentiments. Then I would use the money to put towards a way better one, like this one that I have had my eye on for 10 years...

Attached Files:

Dan Hay and elgringo71 like this.
  18. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I am not real bright,I would drag it home and start trying to fix it.

big duece likes this.
  19. bchctybob

bchctybob

Jibs, you're a buzzkill if I ever saw one..... ha, ha.
    Hypothetically, of course, I would get it running and driving and leave it alone - preserving it's history. Just to piss off some fellow HAMBERS who hate that sort of thing, of course. OR MAYBE...
    I'd get a haircut, put on my finest threads and trailer it to the nearest Gold Chain hot rod shop ( how 'bout Gas Monkey) and get an estimate to return it to it's former show car glory. Either way their response should be good for some lasting entertainment.

20. 60 Special

60 Special
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I'm up way to early! couldn't sleep, going to a swap meet in the morning. It looks kind of peaceful right where it is sitting, my old eyes see things differently than young eyes. To me I think it's well on its way to returning to the ground where everything eventually returns!

21. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I'd put a Quickchange in it. But, I put a Quickchange in everything.;)

saltflats likes this.
  22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If the price was right I would bring it home and clean it up so I could see what needed to be done,if I thought I could handle I would give it a try but if it was beyond my abilities then it would get sold or traded.

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Slick it up and pull your mold off of it.

Tim likes this.
  24. chev34ute

chev34ute

A picture can only tell you so much. It could be far worse or even better than it looks. When I was told that one of my current projects was still sitting in the same place that I had first discovered it 25 years earlier I was shocked. It had been sitting in a hillside for decades. I say in a hillside because it was buried almost up to the belt line in that hill. The inside of the body was filled with old tins and bottles. When I laid eyes on it again after an 18 year absence I was surprised to see it still looked much the same. When I dug it out I expected to find nothing left below the dirt, but I was surprised top find that even the original Holden badge that attached the bottom of the cowl will still attached. At the end of the day this is an original 32 Ford with an original Hemi. Those two things alone make it worth salvaging. There are plenty of companies reproducing these panels to repair this body and as long as the upper part is still intact anything can be repaired. I am not sure what these are worth in the States but over here that would probably fetch 10 grand as is maybe even more.

25. exterminator

exterminator

If it was free,i would haul it home,put in my garage,put the car on craigslist saying it needs a little work and watch peoples reaction! I know-I have a warped sense of humor. LOL

26. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I would post up 3 pix of it on the HAMB in a
    thread titled "What would you do????" where it will live in infamy.