Register now to get rid of these ads!

DALLAS TO AUSTIN THURSDAY 4/7

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by Krash Vegas, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

How Many heading from DFW to Austin on Thursday?
    Is there a meet up happening?

Chantal likes this.
  2. pecker head

pecker head

Ill be leaving Corsicana on Thursday around lunch, will get on 35 at Waco.

3. cube stude

cube stude
    from Dallas, tx

usually a large group leave cracker barrel on I35 duncanville/desoto at 9am...

Krash Vegas likes this.
  4. odass

odass
    from se ok

Think we should be coming through about noon or so

Krash Vegas likes this.

5. The old souls normally meet at Cracker Barrel in desoto but this year we're mixing it up. We're going to go down 45 and cut through Mexia and the back roads instead of going down 35.

Still working out the details but plan to meet somewhere along 635/30/20 area and head south around 9.

I'll post the meet up spot once we nail it down. You're welcome to join us. Right now we've got 4-5 car caravan headed to the meatheads bbq.

Krash Vegas and Lone Star Mopar like this.
  6. PaulR.

PaulR.
    from Irving

Is there a caravan leaving Friday morning from the DFW area?

Krash Vegas likes this.
  7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

My lady and I will be leaving Dallas friday morning about 8ish headed straight to Round Up. Anyone wants to caravan let me know.

8. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

I'm leaving from Fort Worth early Thursday morning, headed to the meatheads bbq. Would like to caravan with a group from Fort Worth or Dallas.
    [​IMG]

Krash Vegas likes this.
  9. The Old Souls CC have decided to mix it up this year. So we aren't planning to meet at Cracker Barrel in Desoto this year. We're wanting to take some back roads instead of old 35!

So we're meeting up at the Exxon at 635&gross road. (Address is 1325 Gross rd in mesquite). This looks to be an easy on & easy off stop.

Then we plan to head south on 45 to Richland and then head south on thru Mexia down to Taylor.

All are welcome to join us. Just let me know you're coming if you don't want to get left. You can message me here for my cell phone number.

Plan is to leave the Exxon around 8:30-8:45am Thursday morning.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459716435.488185.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459716448.554595.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  10. pecker head

pecker head

11. I will be leaving Thursday night around 7 pm

12. Thx pecker head. See you in Austin. You bringing the wife's Merc?

pecker head likes this.
  13. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

We were thinking of leaving Dallas around noon. I was hoping to have the Desoto on the road also but its got a little water pump weep and I cant locate a replacement, so its going to stay home this time.

14. BBQ Hauler

BBQ Hauler

So where is everyone staying on the southside of Dallas on Wednesday night? I think we normally stayed at LaQuinta in Hillsboro but can't recall.

15. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

My brother and I are staying at Denton, just north of Dallas. We plan to get up early and drive to the meeting point and have our breakfast there. It should be about an hour or so drive to the meeting point Thursday morning. I will send you a PM with the motel and my cell phone number. It would be great to have someone to run with as we shoot the funnel through Dallas.

John

16. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

I don't think its possible to make it from Denton, all the way thru Dallas in 1 hour. Unless you are leaving at 5AM from Denton.
    Traffic and road construction will be your enemy.

Texas57 likes this.
  17. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Denton to Dallas is 1 hour normal traffic. Add extra time for the weekly rush hour you'll be up against. 190/ George Bush toll road will save you some serious time for a few bucks. Don't even have to stop, they will mail a bill.

18. 1951Merk

1951Merk

This makes me so pumped for next year when my wife and I move to dallas with our 51 Merc and get to meet up with all you guys for shows like this.....this is why I love classic cars and the HAMB

Sent from my VS986 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Had over 15 cars at the first meeting spot this morning and some beatiful weather.

Speed~On likes this.
  20. Count us in. At least 3 rides. Need a pace to stay around there,any suggestions? Sully

21. This thread is a couple years old. May need to PM these guys to get them to post the 2018 travel plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Yeah I noticed that hoping the same thing.

23. pecker head

pecker head

Yep , Bringing Merc again , probably taking this same route again.