Register now to get rid of these ads!

Growing Pains

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Viv' la HAMB!!!
    Thanks for the hard work keepin it as is.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Crap. Moriarity just kicked me out. LOL

3. I just gotta say after skimming some of the responses.

Without guidelines this place would be pure anarchy. Fair enough I like anarchy. But some of you fellas think I am out of control now, just imagine what it would be like without guidelines. :eek: ;)

4. I think this Place is Great, I joined a Couple of years ago & found out the Limitations
    Quickly!

Leave it AS IS
    Just my 3.5 cents
    or when the
    Cows come Home!

5. Me too! Thanks for letting me hang around with my radial tires and my SBC Ryan. Just don't tell anybody! :)

6. Thanks again, Before I found this site, I had nothing to do with computers,I don't do face book video games etc. After I joined . I had my daughter get me a cell phone that I could take pictures with. And also show me how to post them here. But with great power comes great responsibility! ha. ha. If I get to carried away let me know. HOT RODS are too much FUN! My driveway is full of black marks, I need get off here and make a few more. Keep up the great work! Ron...

flux capacitor and tb33anda3rd like this.
  7. Yeah, that kicked my coupe out, but even my radial wearing, flathead powered, mostly stock '40 stake truck has a Pertronix electronic ignition conversion in it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Your secret is safe with me Bret!

lothiandon1940 and bchrismer like this.
  9. Bravo, Ryan. Spot on.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

I'm 46, and while my other friends were reading about Boyd Coddington, Thom Taylor, Chip Foose, etal, I was leafing through the stack of 50's and 60's-era Hot Rod and Rod & Custom magazines I inherited from my older cousins. To this day, I can't stand billet, LS1 motors or oversize rims... keep the faith, and thank you for keeping the Traditional flame burning.

10. F&J

F&J

Quote by Ryan in the original blog:

"You have a forum full of old farts that want to pretend they were actually there and younger guys that are elitist, but aren’t knowledgeable enough to pull it off.”

This attitude is what drove me away from hamb MANY times. I get so p'ssd off at "them" calling "us" out on a forum dedicated to the old ways. I never read hamb during the past 4-5 winters...I now know it is because I just plain feel like crap in cold weather since hitting my 60's, and I guess I'm avoiding reading things that really piss me off.

I don't mind seeing some modern type builds here at all, but I get too hot-headed when some dick disses what we are trying to focus on. It is the ONLY traditional site out there, so that is why I get so irate when they hate traditional builds.

It's not old versus young people, as I see plenty of hardcore traditional posts by younger people.

Quote: : "...younger guys that are elitist, but aren’t knowledgeable enough to pull it off.” I am 64, and I find it very difficult to build a car today, that really does look like a 50s build.

It must be spring, because I'm back LOL (but it's snowing today...dammit!)

11. Frank we [or at least me] miss your build thread......................... please lead by example.

falcongeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. F&J

F&J

Hi Ted, I will get going on the 32 Ford in less than a week. I just finished my 65 Mustang rear end swap into my 32 Nash yesterday, to replace the original useless 4.73 ratio. I can't post the Nash build on hamb because it is mostly stock, and not a hot rod by any stretch.

My son is riding me about finishing the Ford because it is so close to roadable.... he even offered to help :)

falcongeorge and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ditto!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Ryan, Well Said!! Sometimes people don't Get it!! Traditional You have to get it to understand it. Thanks