Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1931 VICTORIA SOUTHEAST GASSER BUILD

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cabbage, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Catchin' up to your build thread Russ. It takes a little to sit and post, but worth it to share the fun with folks. Lookin' mighty fine there cuz!!

Woogeroo likes this.
  2. That would be cool but the garage door would need to be a foot taller to get the car out :D

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  3. Ive not seen a set of hemi heads with the boss for the water crossover cast in but not machined and opened into the water passage.
    What's the application that they are from?

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Very cool but then again your garage is always very cool.

5. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Dude, that is a sight to make most men drool in terms of true high performance - YES - THIS HOT ROD SCREAMS GASSER!!!!

6. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Just found this build thread Cabbage. This thing is gonna be killer, especially with the early hemi and fuel injection. I'm digging it!

7. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Thanks Tim and Enloe! 31vicky that roto faze and 8x2 setup is for the 32 tudor you can see in the pics. I gotta get back on that one sometime. I have most of the stuff now. Southeast cars are all normally aspirated no blowers allowed. Those heads are plastic man. Dummy blocks are much easier to mock than a real hemi

saltflats and stealthcruiser like this.
  8. AmishMike

AmishMike

Love this old style gasser. Waiting to see build of roll cage & final seating position. Have not checked rules in while but believe no limits on seating spot & I thought blowers allowed (?)...

9. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Thanks! No center steer. Must have 2 seats. No Superchargers

10. elgringo71

elgringo71

I am really enjoying this build, keep up the good work. I have a soft spot for Vicky Gassers and you are doing it right.

11. AmishMike

AmishMike

You can sit in the back seat then - or way back anyway - weight transfer.... Injected hemi should be enough - gas? E85? Alcohol? or tip the can???

12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was wondering if that was a plastic mock up.
    Looks great going to turn some heads.

13. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Thanks Mike. Gassers run on...... Get this

GAS!!!!!! ; ) Seriously i wish we could tip the can tho but its gonna be C16 straight up

14. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Message_1458525264815.jpg The next goal is to get her into roller status. That means ladder bars, Brackets, spring mounts and narrow the rear housing. Custom 35 spline axles will be coming from Mark Williams along with other bits from fabcraft like the billet 1350 yoke. Pondering ladder bracket design, i like this shape

15. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Message_1458780229808.jpg More 4130 plate gets the nod for the rear brackets. Here we go! No plasma or cnc here. Cut off wheels, drill press and an old swap meet drop band saw gets it done but it doesnt go quick.

saltflats, Zak Hall and enloe like this.
  16. Oh, yeah :)
    I wouldn't run any boost with plastic heads either. Good choice

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have to quit watching all of these Gasser Build Threads it makes me have bad thoughts:)
    Fortunately I would get out a little cheaper as mine would be Rodent powered:) be it Mouse or Rat

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I like it building a car with a stick and a rock.

Dog_Patch and enloe like this.
  19. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Cabbage I dig your build man this thing is gonna be awesome here is a pic of a friend of mines car he has since sold it thought it might be a bit of inspiration it is a Chevy but it is a Vicky it has Pontiac power with clutch turbo if I remember correctly it also has a Pontiac rear end too

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459451986.746258.jpg

biggeorge, kiwijeff, AHotRod and 7 others like this.
  20. 31chevymike

31chevymike

A '31 CHEVY Vicky... And I thought my 5 window was rare - I'm still shaking my head. Since I bought my coupe in 1995, I have never seen one before - That is one killer looking gasser as well!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. Chevy called it "5 passenger coupe"
    And they had a little trunk/ deck lid too.
    Almost every manufacture had a Victoria body style.

BradinNC and volvobrynk like this.
  22. S.F.

S.F.

Nice build...I like how you did the patch panels in the body....

23. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Message_1458657487261.jpg Thanks guys. Yeah i love that hellbound train gasser. Very very cool. Anybody goin to the coker tire cruise in tomorrow? We are gonna ride up and ck it out i need to get away from the lakes and the garage for a bit. I did score this killer steering wheel for the Vicky. 17 inch, i think its perfect.

24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

we will be there in the ragged 61 chevy wagon

saltflats likes this.
  25. elgringo71

elgringo71

Here is another angle of the Teddie Bear for inspiration image.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    kiwijeff, AHotRod, T-roaster and 8 others like this.
  26. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

What is the deal with those "mounts" on the front of engine? I'm struggling mightily with getting mounts in my panel for my Hemi. Most of problem is I'm trying to use a Fatman mustang 2 kit that was put in 16 years ago and set up for a SBC. it's a street project and I'm to stubborn to throw that $ I put into it and put a straight axle back in it.

27. 31chevymike

31chevymike

I believe it is a front mount plate for a "marine" application - really neat! Hopefully Russ can modify this mount or fabricate a new set of much stronger mounts on the side of his mill to hang that big ass hemi in the rails of his Vicky...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  28. Wow! Really glad I found this! Great work, always loved model A vicky's... And gassers! Keep it up!

29. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Hot Damn Russ!!!!! I just saw this. Great thread brother, you do some damn fine work.