Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects choppin my 46 Ford Business Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim Steele, Feb 15, 2016.

?
  1. lookin really cool

63 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. you ruined that car

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Tim Steele

Tim Steele

Im fitting up the stainless trim ,cutting and welding to fit the chop

2. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I like the work you've done on your car, I'm building one too. What are you planning in the interior behind the seats?

3. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Wow, nice job on the top. I'm also in the "that's a hard car to improve with a chop" camp but that last profile pic looks great!

4. verde742

verde742

Best chop on that Model I have ever seen. !!! great lines...!!!!

Jersey Joe 67 and clem like this.
  5. phat rat

phat rat

If you plan on shaving the door handles you could get the door trim off a club cpe or 2 dr sedan and just shorten it a bit. That's what I did with mine and it works out great

6. Tim Steele

Tim Steele

I have some buckets in the front out of a newer acura which only makes it a 2 seater.i if I were to put a back seat in it you couldn't even get in it .the seat doesn't fold forward enough with the short door and being chopped you would have to climb over and still have no leg room .so so im just gonna do a surround like door panel style and put the speakers and amp with a deck on top like they came.id really like put a bench seat in but cant seem to find a split bench that ould look right .Im gonna do a traditional style pleated seat and door panel.any suggestions on a split bench seat would be awesome and what kind of car to get one from.

7. Tim Steele

Tim Steele

not sure about he door handle just yet ,however if I do Im gonna go with the Lincoln style buttons,I really like those,but also like the original handles as well.Im also staying with the original window cranks .I like that style better than any power window switch Ive seen in any old car

verde742 likes this.
  8. Tim Steele

Tim Steele

thanks ,all my buddies said Im really messing up if I chop it and now every one of them love it.

verde742 likes this.
  9. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Profile shot out of your garage looks AWESOME! Just the right amount of chop to accentuate the design of the car...

10. zzford

zzford

I have always felt that the cars from to late thirties through the late forties should NEVER be chopped. I gotta say, though, you have proven me wrong. Yours is the first chop of these cars that REALLY works. Nice design and execution.

Nailhead Jason and verde742 like this.
  11. Note to self: Get to know this dude........

12. Bader2

Bader2

Looks wicked! Cleveland was a perfect choice,it'll be fun watching the Chevys try to keep up!

13. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Get to know this dude X2!

14. Dude! You totally nailed it! This is the absolute best chop on a short door I have seen!

50Fraud and verde742 like this.
  15. thunderplex

thunderplex

X2. ...!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Like the cleveland. I have a '71 4v core here, nice motors. I also have chevies...:rolleyes:;)

17. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I'm using 2000 Lincoln buckets that also don't fold, although when I bought it the bench from the same car was installed in the rear. I'm thinking of doing a package tray/ waterfall design kind of like a 50s Vette or square 'bird. Still playing with ideas, but starting interior soon.

18. verde742

verde742

I thank you for leaving the "old Ford" stainless on it..
    I feel most customizers get "carried away" filling holes...

I sectioned a 55 Ford truck 4 3/4 inches and left door handles and such,, people ask 'how did you get it so low?" I answered: Dropped axle! It was great fun..

Just discreetly chopped, best ever, on that model..

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  19. Great looking chop, and 10 extra points for retaining the stainless trims.
    Really looks good.

50Fraud and verde742 like this.
  20. verde742

verde742

start looking at bench seats in vans, a lot of them fold up or down, w/ a handle in the middle,
    for access behind. where you keep "yer stash" GREAT LINES.. I love this car, hope it doesn't get "messed up"

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  21. Whats not to like about that . I seriously doubt this is your first build LOL !!! If it is quit your day job and take up a new career building cars !

verde742 likes this.
  22. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

There is nothing worse than a crappy chop job, that looks great...I dig it.

23. joee

joee

ditto

24. Tilting the B pillar makes a lot of difference. Good one!

25. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

This shot just looks so good I have to put it up again! Great Job! I'm in the camp that says this is the best chop on that model I've seen. Like has also been said, You Nailed It!
    [​IMG]

26. clem

clem

^^^^^ I have to agree, extremely well done.

27. Man!!!!! I have never seen a 46 to 48 coupe that looked right after a chop. This is the best proportioned chop on one of these I have ever seen. Its freaking perfect. These always looked squashed after a chop, this looks enhanced. Super smooth. Super nice work.

verde742 likes this.
  28. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Perfect proportions on that profile. Beautiful job.

verde742 likes this.
  29. amadeus

amadeus

Theres a Hot rod Shop in San Diego; "Bengel's" that will make you a bench seat for your car to what ever dimensions you want. I got one from them that has a "flip' lower cushion for your tools and a back-rest that lays almost flat. you can get them split or straight.
    I believe he is here on the HAMB and might offer a HAMB discount.
    www.hotrodseats.com

30. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

Looks damn good to me!!