Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SOUTHEAST GASSERS "BRAND X" BUILD

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HEMIBERT, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Coming along nicely !

2. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

3. I'm moving along. Nothing really new to see right now. No real visual progress. Ordering axles tomorrow. Will complete rearend this weekend. Building drive shaft tomorrow night. Ordered new fuel line and fittings today, that will plumb the tank to pump to whatever goes on top (carb or injection). Not even started to work the heads yet. Need a fairly clear mind for that. Tonight ordering rocker arm parts and rollers for the engine and gauges for dash. Have dash made but not installed. Waiting to finish transmission cover first. That will be done this week too. Going to pick up a couple of windshields and a spare rear window sat morning. I'll try for some pics this weekend.

4. New axles came in Friday. Got them installed, gear set up, drive shaft shortened and installed and brakes bled.
    Found myself needing a windshield, so this weekend I looked around and managed to score not only one but another one for a spare. Same guy had a rear glass I bought for a spare also. On these things, you can't have enough glass. AXLE2.JPG REAR3.JPG

5. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Your going to make it I just know it. Looking good.

enloe, AHotRod and loudbang like this.
  6. Coming together. Engine assembled and installed. Need to finish plumbing and electrics. Seats and headrest installed. Most of tunnel done, needs closeout for shifter. Dash installed and wired. Hope to get front and rear windows in this week and start on body work, weather permitting. Tons of obvious little stuff. I now have a side bet of a case of Moon Pies on whether or not it is ready for the opener! Inspiration! IM015077.JPG IM015075.JPG IM015078.JPG IM015079.JPG IM015080.JPG

7. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Looking good Robert!

8. Thanks. You guys moving along OK?

Zak Hall likes this.
  9. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Your going to make it.

10. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

We're making progress. We should make it to the opener.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

That's looking great!!!!!

12. Really nice work! Lookin' forward to seeing it at the track.

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Wish I had another set of M/T valve covers to send you.

Quain Stott likes this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Car looks good man and I have a nice new can of hemi orange paint for those valve covers in case you ran out I will be happy to send it to you lol may even have some extra 426 stickers to put on them too lol keep up the good work

loudbang likes this.
  15. I have access to a set, but these are sooo light. Quain and I talked about them and I hate to cover the blue, but I'll be painting these Hemi orange like the block and heads.

16. I have some Hemi orange left and will be painting them with that to match the block and heads. I really like blue thoughb but they do look out of place.

17. After you stand back and look, one sees things not noticed at first. Easier to fix them now. Fuel pump and regulator will be moved a little more out of sight. Looks wrong where it is now.

loudbang and II FUNNY like this.
  18. After 5 months on build. OUTSIDE2.JPG OUTSIDE3.JPG Windshield in and outside for some body work.

19. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks ready to go to me !!!!

20. I know, me too, but Quain said something about doors, fenders and windows! Go figure.

dwollam, kiwijeff and Higgy's Henry like this.
  21. Ready for test and tune! LOL. Looks fantastic, you have been doing extremely well with the car.:D:cool:

loudbang likes this.
  22. Thank you very much.

23. dusterdave173

dusterdave173

Tell us about the engine whats inside/ What heads, rockers, etc

24. That's going to be a fun ride!

25. Legendlives

Legendlives

Ive narrowed a few axles - both I-beam and tube - but I've always step-cut them (see my build thread) to give more weld run and (hopefully) more strength. Never had one break.

loudbang likes this.
  26. Not much in the engine compartment right now. Been close to 40 years since I ran a 4-speed. Don't need to re-learn on a really good engine. Just a basic 383. TRW 12.5 pistons, stock bore, stock stroke steel crank. Comp cams solid .557 lift, Crane rockers. 906 heads. Home made headers. Tunnel ram with 2 AFB's. Stock Chrysler ignition. Nothing fancy at all. It's easy to trick yourself into looking stoopid! Hoping to get down the track, get all the gears for a couple shows--then we'll talk.

loudbang and AHotRod like this.
  27. I cut 5" out, re-welded it in a steel fixture and boxed the I-beam about 6" front and back of the weld. Shouldn't be a problem. The center of the axle takes the least stress, unless when jacking of course.

loudbang likes this.
  28. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

Thats looking mean, cant wait to see video of it hustling down the strip!

Whats the story on the COE in the background? Any more pics or a build thread on it?

29. 57 Dodge COE. Custom frame. GM 1-ton front suspension, 440 Dodge/automatic, Ford 1-ton rear on Chrysler heave-duty leaf springs. Going to put a pick-up bed on it, dual wheels, built in storage boxes under bed. Going to be the tow vehicle for the Barracuda. Finishing that will be next. I have most of the parts collected, all I need is time. My wife thinks her Rambler wagon should be finished too. No build threads on either. We saw a picture of one. Ugliest thing we had ever seen. So we had to have one.

dwollam, AHotRod and 3dnsouth like this.
  30. Russman69

Russman69
    from MI

The car is looking great! The COE will be the icing on the cake when pulling into the track. Great job!