Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hubcap or hub centre cap HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tedsgoldmine, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I have bought myself a 1939 standard Ford coupe and I am a little lost on hubcaps or hub centre cap options/choices...

The wheels on it are the 1949-1951 Mercury type, with the rears being reversed.

I have found several options on line but at face value, the options seem to be very plain or just butt ugly.

Ideally I'd like to run Henry's V8 emblem or a Ford logo and a centre cap rather than a hub cap so the painted rims are exposed...but I wont discount full covers if they will sit secure on reversed rims.

New repro or old patina types that are no longer produced are ok as the car's paint is 30-40 years old.

For my own continuing searches, can someone please confirm the specific rear diameter I should be seeking?

All help is appreciated.

With thanks

Gavin

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

15'' '48 Merc, Ford pickup, Imperial, Desoto commercial, pre - '54 Lincoln are all your lug pattern. Find the width you want, reverse as needed, & drill for stovebolts to retain Ford caps if no nubs are present. You'll find the Chryslers the widest, the Mercs & Ford pickups 4 1/2'' or 5''

3. Thanks 302 GMC, I'll start down these roads and see what I like.

Gavin