Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical WANTED - pix: hidden or unobtrusive valve cover breathers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Mar 9, 2016.

1. atch

atch

While reading this thread about valve cover breathers I saw that 56sedandelivery stated "There are plenty of ways to make them hard to see, and not detract from the look".

While I know that I'm not as savvy as many of you I have to admit that I don't think that I've ever seen any breathers that were hard to see or didn't detract.

If you have any pix of them I'd like to see. At some time in the near future I would like to replace the factory sheet metal valve covers on Clarence's sbc with one of the finned aluminum sets I have. I don't want to cut into the fins so I'll have to put vent(s) and pcv into the side of the valve cover(s). This is a "new" style block with no provision for a road draft tube. I'm looking for any/all ideas or inspiration.

The block is black and the intake is an aluminum Edlebrock performer with an Edlebrock carb sitting on it.

Thanx in advance...

2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

those are sweet good idea!

3. zjerry

zjerry

Nice Looking..

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

5. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I think this looks clean with the PCV valve. PICT1244.JPG

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was in Rodding USA issue 14, the builder used the fuel pump boss to access the block on a SBC, and made kind of a road draft tube to ventilate the motor in order to keep the valve covers virgin. Interesting oprion.
    upload_2016-3-10_20-51-20.png

sharpmark likes this.
  7. atch

atch

Yes; interesting option. Might use that one someday. Won't work for this application unless I switch to an electric fuel pump though.

8. atch

atch

Anyone in the weekend crowd have any ideas/pix?

9. One car I worked on had a 3/8" hose out of the back of each valve cover that went into a fitting in a boxed frame. Very discreet and nearly invisible but I haven't quite made up my mind on function

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Define unobtrusive.

[​IMG]

11. atch

atch

Denny,

In my opinion I don't call these unobtrusive.

Anyone have any pix of any that come off of the back of the valve cover and "disappear" behind the engine? Or memories of seeing any like that?