Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fresno & Surrounding Area HAMB'ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muttley, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

where and what time

2. to confirm, March 12th, 8:00 am, cedar and Herndon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be there with the ol' Turd Hearse

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  4. Sounds like a plan. Anyone headed to Selma on the 5th? I've got a bunch of parts I'm looking to sell and am thinking of reserving a spot. If any are available at this late date.

5. We'll be there on the 12th.

6. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Dammit! I'm going to be on vacation. I've got to make one of these meets eventually! I'm going to miss the swap and the get together.

Someone find me an early Falcon/Comet front bench please!

7. LongLiveFlathead6

LongLiveFlathead6

Hey guys... I live up here in Yosemite and I have a project I have been working on for a few... It's going slow since I have to deal with work and the kids getting older.... but I'm making progress.. I follow your posts and see where you guys will end up next just to see what kind of cars Fresno has to offer (which I know are awesome)... I make it down there at least twice a month, but it's hard to do a drive by when I'm trying to get so much done in one day... but, once I'm rolling I'd love to take part in your get-togethers... I can't wait to see your cars... and if you all decide to take a cruise to the beautiful Yosemite national park let me know... I'd love to see your cars...

8. we still on for Saturday at Cedar and Herndon? 8 ish?

9. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

looks good on weather channel for Sat. is it cedar herndon or blackstone herndon

10. Muttley

Muttley

Yeah, as long as it's not raining.

Southeast corner of Cedar & Herndon.

11. I for one plan on being there, weather permitting. Providing no one minds me driving my oh-so-close-to-being-HAMB-friendly '66 Skylark...

12. Muttley

Muttley

I don't know why anyone would give you lip for that car, '60's GM A-bodies rule. A '66 Skylark is like my old Chevelle's classier cousin.

13. Well there are a lot of, how to say this tactfully, anal retentive folks that frequent the HAMB (none of you, BTW, more over on the Custom side) who question everything and anything that doesn't fit into the guidelines...

14. Muttley

Muttley

So much for that. Typical Fresno, finally something to do and the weather sucks. :mad: :mad: Maybe we can try this again in a few weeks.

15. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Although I'm not able to attend. The sun is shining, what do you mean the weather sucks?......lol

16. Sorry guys, my ultra dependable 1950 Chevy decided it was too cold[​IMG]

17. Yeah, my wife reminded me that we are leaving on vacation in less than a week, and I had more important things to do here at the house... maybe first part of April?

18. Muttley

Muttley

What would you know about good weather, aren't you from Washington? :p It hasn't stopped raining there since Nixon was in office. :D

19. bchctybob

bchctybob

So the weather didn't cooperate down in Fresno either? Been raining up here on and off all weekend.
    I was hoping to attend this time but you caught me with both my HAMB friendly vehicles apart for winter upgrades.
    I may have at least one of 'em back together in a week or two, let's hope the weather cooperates.

20. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone interested in trying again next Saturday?

21. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dang muttley I have a bass tourney at the delta Sat. heck, iim looking forward to doing this Ron

22. As in the 2nd? I'm keen if anyone else is.

23. 36 Vick

36 Vick
    from Kerman, Ca

Went to event of such over in Capitola on Saturday. It started years ago , it has moved parking lots a few times

My suggestion, just start showing up. If only 2 go, you never know who will just randomly see you there and they may have a car the following weekend

Just make it a standing time 7-9, ever Saturday

No, I do not have a car yo attend yet, but I watch this thread and it's kinda funny because I think you guys may be trying to put to much planning into something that can just be fluid and run its course

Just show up.

Hope I'm not coming across in a bad manner,

The one I attended in Capitola had hot rods, TR8, rat rods, corvettes, Indian motorcycle, Pantera, etc

I think it would be a good thing, but limiting it to HAMB message board rt now is slowing it down

Ron Brown likes this.
  24. Muttley

Muttley

Right on. Are you going to the Rods On The Bluff Friday night too?

Yeah, I suppose so but I really don't feel like getting up at six in the morning and driving across town to stand in a parking lot by myself.

25. Muttley

Muttley

There's always next time. I guess I'll see you at the Tower show or maybe Rods On The Bluff on Friday night.

26. Agreed. If we could guarantee that at least five or six of us would be there regardless, then I could see just picking say the third Saturday of each month as a meet-up time and run with it. Are there any other forums on which we could broadcast our message? Do you think Hot Rod Coalition, Sawyer's Vintage, or any other local hot rod-related groups on Facebook would be willing to give our little event a shout-out?

27. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be at both see you there

28. Muttley

Muttley

Was the fishing tournament cancelled?

29. Freemoe

Freemoe
    from Fowler, CA

I'll be there.

My car is not ready yet. I visit this site to get motivated and get in a few hours of work in a week. Seeing other cars also helps!

30. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

I think I can make it, as long as nobody minds a 4-door parked near them ! Lol