Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The HAMB '64 F100 is now in my hands

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mootz, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Mootz

Mootz

A few months ago, I finally got back in the game by buying this '64 F100 previously owned by three other Hambers (OHR281, Malcolm, and Turbo Rocket) let's just say it's been around :). It's running a 292 y-block and the previous owner installed a new Tremec 5-speed, Mustang II up front with coilovers and a flip kit a c-notch in the rear. Here it is the day I brought it home: 1453088348844.jpg
    The truck was great, for the most part, things had been done right but it just needed some tidying up around the edges. The one thing that has always bugged me about the truck was its lack of bumpers. That was the first order of business so I located a used bumper on eBay and things were looking up. My buddy let me know that he had a chrome '61 grille that could be bought (I like the 61-62 grilles the best) so after a bit of work, we got to this point: 1453087562017.jpg
    The rear was next, I struggled to find the correct brackets but after some craigslist/eBay magic, we got it done-much better: 1453087690890.jpg
    And finally, the engine bay. The truck ran great but the engine compartment was sloppy,wires strung with no attention to appearance whatsoever so it was time to tidy up the electrical. I pulled the valve covers as well, decreased and sanded them down and threw some paint on. My buddy threw some one-shot on the letters and I painted the grooves on the air cleaner. I think it turned out great (still need to reroute the heater hoses, that's next): 1453088311511.jpg
    I've never been a fan of the 60's F100's but this one, something about this one I just love, mismatched fenders and all. So far it's been a great driver, cruises comfortably, especially with the 5-speed. I think I'm going to enjoy this one. A few more pics: 1453088408569.jpg 1453088443608.jpg 1453088492377.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. Good looking truck,makes me want to drag my old '65 outta the barn and get it back on the road. HRP

3. Nice looking truck.

4. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Sure sits well. Enjoy it.

5. What size tires are on it?

6. That is a great looking Effy.

7. Mootz

Mootz

215/70/15 on the front and 255/70/15 on the rear.

michael knight likes this.
  8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking good, Josh! I'm glad you ended up with the truck and are making some needed improvements. It's definitely in the right hands!

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Mighty fine lookin truck, a little elbow grease and patience go a long way! Joe

10. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great truck, nice to see the Y block still in use.

y'sguy likes this.
  11. rixtasan

rixtasan

Nice truck! Don't paint it!

Mootz likes this.
  12. Mootz

Mootz

This is my first experience with a y-block and I have no complaints. It's a good runner, plenty of get up and go, especially with the 5-speed.

y'sguy likes this.
  13. nobrakesneeded

nobrakesneeded

Not that you need it now, but I have the front bumper off of that truck sitting in my shed.

14. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Three other HAMBers, huh? Should call it "wHAMB-bam-thank-you-ma'am".

Mootz likes this.
  15. Mootz

Mootz

Where the hell were you a few months ago? :). Just kidding, what's the story behind that?

16. haychrishay

haychrishay

I was at Greenfield the day you either bought it or picked it up. I always liked that truck and thought about buying it my self. Sounds like it has the right owner!

17. Mootz

Mootz

Cool, I met him there after finding it on craigslist. Speaking of which, is that your sedan in your profile? I think I was checking it out on craigslist the other day, it's sweet!

18. Rand Man

Rand Man

I inherited one of those recently. Yours could inspire me to do something with it.

Mootz likes this.
  19. nobrakesneeded

nobrakesneeded

I think we were going to pull the bumper closer to the body, but it was sold before we got that far. Still wish we had it here.

Mootz likes this.
  20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that's funny...

-Abone.

PS. Nice to see you hanging out, El C

21. Mootz

Mootz

Couple more shots I had on my phone, two or three of the pics in the initial post show the front bumper before it was fitted correctly but it's pushed in more snug to the body now.

Attached Files: