Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Spinner Hubcaps Won't Spin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spinner54, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

hrm2k, i.rant, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  2. When I was 15 years old I went to the local parts store to get a set of spark plug wires for my 1931 Dodge coupe. The guys sold me the clear/red ones and told me that they would glow in the dark at night. I couldn't wait to put them on and WOW my friends. The parts guys were pullin' my leg. The damn thing never glowed at night. Don't feel bad....we have all been fooled at one time or another.

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey I just bought a set of flipper hubcaps, how do you make them flip. I am getting nothing!

4. That has to be this week's sign of the coming apocalypse. Real spinners. Who knew?

By the way, nice looking ride. I think I like the dog dishes better than the flipper caps on that car.

kiwijeff, 56premiere and wraymen like this.
  5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

no, do not try to make them spin - more important taking your '54 out for a spin

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

That's a nice Chevrolet. I wouldn't degrade it with them cheesy fake Starfires ... sell them and use the $$ towards dual pipes & lowering ...

7. ...............................That's a sweet ride. You're on the right track with that car, well except for those "spinning" caps. Stay focused and all will be well. I would be proud to ride around in that car.

wraymen and Hnstray like this.
  8. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

It must be the loose nut behind the wheel.

9. belair

belair

Welcome, friend. Your enthusiasm and honesty are a breath of fresh air. I'm glad not every new guy is a hal cooper kind of guy. Neat car.

10. I like the caps on it now, in fact, the car looks great!

little red 50 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. khead47

khead47

Welcome to The HAMB. Neat car to learn on.

12. adam401

adam401

I cant tighten the chin straps on my sombreros enough to keep them on the rims any help would be appreciated guys.

Just teasing haha

belair likes this.
  13. Hahahaha. Welcome to our world!
    IMG_1318.JPG

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. gatz

gatz

15. Welcome aboard! Great to see a young guy into vintage tin. You've got a cool Chev that I would be proud to ride. Keep us advised as to your progress.

Jim

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Well, ya passed the first test. No kid ever sat around the bench without getting teased a little. You'll do it too.
    We all go/have gone through it.
    My first was 2X4 cut to the proper length and all thread bent to hold the diff to the springs.
    1964 Plymouth Belvedere,,,,,,,,,,4 door.
    It was real cool and lowered just enough. Then one of the neighbors saw it and went white.
    As we fixed it correctly, a bunch of his friends came over and were merciless. It was more fun for them than me.
    BUT,, I was "in" and could fetch tools, go to Lyons as a pit-crew member, and learn.
    That is a nice car, and a great start. Is it from Illinois?

Saxman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Ok let me say something that is not going to make you happy, Spinnuhs is foh ghetto cruisahs.

Flipper or spinner hub caps in the old days are not what the bruthahs are using on their dubs in the neighborhood. They spin and flip when you are rolling not when you are parked at the stop light.

33sporttruck and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The dog dish caps you have on your Chevy now look just fine.
    Makes it a "sleeper" like a YANKO Camaro.

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, you have a great car to start with

20. Smokey2

Smokey2

if you drive it......they will SPIN ! the faster you go, the faster they spin. at about 60 mph get out of the vehicle, NOW do you see them spinning ?

21. slack

slack

This guy's gotta be jerkin our collective gherkin. Sweet ride though.

22. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

the kids expectation has got a point. i am an old fart that has allways called them spinners. and they don't actually spin. ( butt what do i know...)
    cool hubcaps butt at this age your dog dish caps are cooler.

23. Don't put those played out fiesta copies on that cool 54. Get the stance correct, then think about caps.
    Fatman Fab makes dropped uprights for that car. You can do that in addition to cutting a coil, then lowering blocks in the back. After that, Maybe some wide whites, and run no caps with chrome lugnuts.

http://www.fatmanfabrications.co/products/1949-1954-chevy-dropped-uprights/

24. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Two points a lot of guys are still ignoring, or are missing.

1) Speedway now sells flipper (spinner) caps that do actually spin. You need to catch up with the times. Your lack of knowledge of what is currently available makes him smarter then you are. To continue to slam him on "his lack of knowledge" just shows how outdated you really are.

2) At 19 years old, how in the heck is he suppose to know what custom hub caps did 65 years ago? He was born between 1996-1997. Every vehicle produced since he was born has had electronic fuel injection, cell phones have always been around, and technology has grown by leaps and bounds every year since he was born. Other then what he has read, or others have told him, he has no concept of what things were like back in the 50s and early 60s. Think about how much stuff has changed since the turn of the century, he probably doesn't remember anything that happened before then! Cut him some slack. Gene

25. .....................................Neither do I !!!:D

26. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow Beaner you never cease to amaze me. I had no idea you were bilingual! LOL!

czuch, Texas57, slack and 1 other person like this.
  27. Slopok

Slopok

Although he has been teased here by many of us it must be pale in comparison to how all his tuner peers are ribbing him for driving that cool old Chevy. Good for you son, be a leader and not a follower.

gonmad, czuch, lothiandon1940 and 2 others like this.
  28. All the spin aside, that Chevy sure looks like a great start, to something cool.
    Nice car kid, be sure to show us any cool changes you make.
    Have fun, be safe.

29. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

It's "Yenko!" Yanko is what you do with your woody.

lewk, czuch, slack and 3 others like this.
  30. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Yep! this is a classic "egg on face" thread.......and I think the new guy won

czuch, lurker mick and lothiandon1940 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.