Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HOTRODPRIMER is in Sick Bay...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, Feb 13, 2016.

1. This is Great news indeed Praying for full and speedy recovery. Hobo Jim

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

rumor has it, someone that looks like HRP was out in a garage recently

ladyhrp, HOTRODPRIMER and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Danny is home! He was discharged Monday afternoon. He is still in a lot of pain, but the shoulder surgery went well. The doctor removed the ball portion of his shoulder and used fragments from it to do grafts on the other 3. One of the side effects of this kind of surgery, due to the combination of so much anesthesia, and pain medicine seems to be some urination issues. Doctors are confidant it is temporary but is just one more obstacle he has to overcome. Doctors keep saying he has to just be patient and let things run their course. Patience is not one of his strong points, but his determination is. He will be back to his old self way before they expect he can. As I always say "he never ceases to amaze me". Right now even typing is painful so he isn't able to post yet but he is beginning to scroll and read some so your good natured prodding and encouragement is welcomed. Again your thoughts, prayers and well wishes are very much appreciated.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ladyhrp - Thank-you. yikes, what an ordeal to go through. likely watching the new Discovery show Rockin' Roadsters did not help him to feel any better. except that he could have done better. Smile, it is good for you.

5. oj

oj

Thanks Ladyhrp, we appreciate the update. We know about his determination. That aside, we hope to hear all about the surgery from the man hisself, sooner rather than later. I've read that typing is excellant therapy, esp in shoulder surgery.

6. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Thanks for the update! Gary:)

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx Brenda for the update on Danny, good news indeed! And yes, I can imagine that typing is a painful task just yet, but the day will come when Danny is "back in the saddle again", LOL!
    Danny, when therapy starts, although you're going to think the therapist is the most sadistic demon you ever met, rest assured that it's all for your benefit, and WILL help you heal properly.
    Hopefully it won't be too long before you can at least attend some of the upcoming events so that we can all say hello in person.

8. Great news ladyhrp!

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Great news, Danny will be back to himself before we know it.
    As good as the hospital is when you need it, home is always better.
    Especially when you have Brenda to look after you :)

10. They hung onto him for a long time... serious surgery! Definitely better to be home than in the hospital.

11. Just saw this! Terrible news. Looks like you are coming through it well. Keep on Keepin On HRP. Be careful out there! Josh

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Serious surgery in spades! (thought when they got in there, it may have been 'simpler'...)
    Relieved to hear he's home, Ladyhrp!
    On a 'lighter note', I was sent for an MRI for my left shoulder last Tuesday. Funny story:
    My doctor that injects joints (knee, hip, back, etc.) sent me for an MRI to see if the cortisone/steroid injection can be used...or if there's another problem.
    I was directed to lay down, with my shoulder in the fixture...My back locked up in a world of pain, and I rolled off the low table with all the grace and agility of a gorilla.
    Scared the hell outa the MRI tech...musta thought I was gonna sue. He was trying to help me up, but I was fightin'...the nurse ran in, said "What???"
    My sense of irony kicked in, and I turned my head around and shouted, "Get the gun, just shoot it amongst us...One of us has got to have some relief!"
    She finally laughed, but not loud...I didn't get my MRI.
    Hope it doesn't hurt when Danny laughs...:D

13. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Danny, our prayers are with you on a speedy recovery

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Mike, my keyboard is now covered in coffee, Dammit! Didn't know left coast folks ever heard that song.

ladyhrp likes this.
  15. Thank you for the update, ladyhrp - glad he is home and determined to be back to his old self ASAP.

Danny - don't think U will make the all deuce run again this year. I will be off to the LA Roadster show starting on the 9th of June and I want to continue working on the 5-window as much as possible so I can bring it to the all deuce run next year.

Those pain meds are a b----, like they put a cork somewhere in ya where it ain't supposed to be. I remember that from my hip surgery - I feel your pain, bud, but the sooner you are off the pain meds, the better that situation gets .... Hang in there, brother!

16. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Hang in there Danny! A drummer friend of mine is currently going through a very similar situation. He also fell and damaged his shoulder, it happened about 2 weeks before your accident. He had similar surgery as you and is now doing physical therapy and coming along. So it does get better brother, hang in there and follow the dr's (and therapists) orders.

17. Trying to type left handed with my index finger is difficult at best and takes a long time to write a reply.

I want to thank you all for your continued prayers,kind words of support and the good humored wit,Brenda and I appreciate each and every one of you. HRP

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  18. pumpman

pumpman

You're doing a hell of lot better typing with one than I do with two! Take it slow brother.

19. :D HRP

ladyhrp and dudley32 like this.
  20. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

Good to hear your doing well.

21. Great to "hear" from you - maybe you will become ambidextrous, even put your steering wheel on the right side of the car .... then again, maybe not!?!?

22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I too had shoulder problems Danny but not nearly as badly as you. I know you're going to get frustrated setting around with the pain. Especially when you come to the realization you're not going to improve to your liking. You're a tough cookie. You'll make it. And as a side note, I thought physical therapists were quacks and didn't have any use for them. Until I found a tougher personality than me. He is the one that got me through it. Those PTs are your way out of this. And don't think
    Otherwise.

23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Man can I relate, Danny,, you are no doubt like the rest of us 60 plussers, and this is probably a sensitive issue but I just went through the same thing.
    I'm a week and a half out from having the 3 to 4 vertibrae in my neck fused and urination issues were the last thing I thought I would have to deal with.
    I won't go into details but let me just say one very unpleasant word; "catheter".
    Yes it was the meds along with other "issues". Getting back to (somewhat) normal now.
    So good for you (and us HAMBER's) to have Brenda to carry the torch when you aren't feeling up to it.
    Brighter day's ahead Danny

24. Good to see you back!:cool:

25. Slopok

Slopok

Then somebody must caution him not to read Spinner Hubcaps Won't Spin.:)

26. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

The place hasn't been the same without you. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

27. Nick O

Nick O
    from Ohio

Happy to hear all went well. Having just recently went through total knee replacement I know about the pain meds, restlessness and such. Give it some time and all will work out fantastic, it will take time. Just do as the docs say and by all means do your therapy. Best of Luck , Dick

28. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Ahh that's better ,he's on the key board!! Makes my day to see he's back. Danny looking for more of your posts.Take it slow,Bob

29. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Danny.Good to see you back.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like the last few weeks have not been much fun for you. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Take care, HRP!