Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Rockin' Roadsters"...Billy Gibbons/Jimmy Shine...new show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boatmark

Boatmark

What it should of been:

Hi, I'm Billy and that's Shine. I've got lots of bucks, he's got lots of talent, the music will be great, and we're gonna build some killer cars. Beginning with this roadster . . .

What it was:

A quickie fluff of a clapped out late model El Camino - complete with the worst of the Lame TV crap. Next week we're gonna learn how Billy always wanted a Subaru Brat, with the bed seats replaced with barber chairs - in 8 days.

The only thing worthwhile was Lorenzini's beautiful Sedan getting a quickchange, and they barely showed it!

Lame-O-Meter pegged.

hrm2k, rjones35, Max Gearhead and 4 others like this.
  2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Hell Larry, don't sweat it. It had potential goin' in. Shine comes off as a Senior in training. zzzzzz. The sedan was thrown in to keep the 'traditional' crowd appeased. Should have flipped the sedan/camino roles.

3wLarry likes this.
  3. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Glad I built a good sandwich, had a good drink, and saw a tuff 32 2dor sedan goin down the road................Thanks Larry , we know you ment well............

3wLarry likes this.
  4. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I do shadow puppet shows via candlelight and watch reflection in the well water. ver traditional

wraymen likes this.
  5. exterminator

exterminator

Haven't watched it yet,but I take it that no one intends to buy a copy of this show?:cool:

3wLarry likes this.
  6. 62hotcat

62hotcat

So fake and scripted. Never get that hour back. Well 35 minutes i slept the other 25.

bowie and 3wLarry like this.
  7. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Made it 3/4 thru , dvr'd the rest, next chance I'll blow thru the commercials & catch the last few minutes ...........I was hoping they'd get a closer look at that ol rusty 53 wagon in dudes yard. I did enjoy the newest direct tv "settlers" commercial. Until a few minutes ago I never thought of vcr's as traditional. Does one settle for the vcr's ? The boy has his stick & tube, the girl her faceless doll , the misses her cabbages & I've got my foot stomping. :D ......... I'll give it another chance, if only the elcamino was a 59 or 60. image.jpeg

3wLarry likes this.
  8. slowmotion

slowmotion

There was a glimpse of a damn sweet 60 Buick hardtop in the background when they were checkin' the camino at the yard. I thought for a sec, they can save this fiasco. It was not to be....

3wLarry likes this.
  9. Saw the start, hoped for the Plymouth,
    saw the ElCamino, heard the word "deadline"
    changed the channel.
    Done!

Never2low, Paul B and 3wLarry like this.
  10. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It bombed !

3wLarry likes this.
  11. My family walks 5 miles barefoot to your house just to peak in the window and catch the shows. Your rendition of "The Shawshank Redemption" was a masterpiece.

12. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

Crap!

3wLarry likes this.
  13. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Geese why do they always have some goofy deadline in these shows. A Camino,really! So much talent and they can't build something interesting.

3wLarry likes this.
  14. beautiful car! damn nice

droppedstepside and 3wLarry like this.
  15. exterminator

exterminator

Watched it.It is already like overhaulened turned out to be.I do like that discovery channel is trying to give us hot rodders something to watch.

16. how about the old truck with the blown and injected engine in the back, only seen in the background....damn

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm wondering what the hell is going on at So-Cal. Chapouris was supposedly grooming Shine to take over So-Cal and hand over the reigns to him when Pete retired, and now we find out Shine wants his own Brand and his own shop. He needed Billy to come onboard to finance it all?... I guess the 250K he got from the sale of his '34 pickup wasn't enough to start a shop with...ok...I'm done

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  18. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I watched it and was not impressed or surprised by what I saw. Discovery markets a show to the general public and not car guys. Roadster means no top two seater to us while a roadster could be a generic term for hotrod in the general public's eyes. If they made it for hot rod guys only a handful of people would watch it. Most people don't want to watch dude weld and run a grinder. Car guys look for pro tips and tricks while others would find that boring. I did like the tiny part where they were talking about the door poppers. There was a roadster in the background during one of Jimmy's interviews. Could have been a lot worse.

wraymen and 3wLarry like this.
  19. Squablow

Squablow

My TV is made of wood and I don't get cable so I didn't see it but reading this thread about how lame it was was sure entertaining. Makes me feel better about "cutting the cord" a year ago.

IMG_20140310_161236.jpg

20. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I wish someone would steal and burn the playbook Discovery uses for every auto related show. Damn, clown cars with stupid deadlines. Seen that too many times already. Shopping carts in the El Camino bed....Really?

Just Gary and 3wLarry like this.
  21. Guess it got even worse than I thought!!

3wLarry likes this.
  22. j3harleys

j3harleys

Rumor has it next roadster will be a 78 Plymouth Cordoba taxi in 3 days but instead of vinyl top they are going to use Corinthian Leather. Can't wait

23. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I caught the middle 5 minutes of this and they were having a girlfight about how to mount a shopping cart in an Elco. I think I'll be hitting the skip forward button A LOT when I try to watch the recording... I'm pretty bummed out about this one. I thought they were going to do something cool because they certainly had the chance to.

3wLarry likes this.
  24. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

I saw a recent interview with So-Cal about how they intended to expand beyond the 32 - 34 cars. But this????
    Yuk.

3wLarry likes this.
  25. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

Billy G is one cool dude but that "Grocery Getter" was lame at best. Did you notice how they blocked out the Ford patch on the back of Billy's jacket?

3wLarry likes this.
  26. Hmm...
    ...that was unfortunate.

RICH B, turboroadster and 3wLarry like this.
  27. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I watched the show until the end and I won't be watching next week. Billy Gibbons owns some of the coolest cars , the Eliminator Coupe and Cadzilla and he has Mr. Ego, Jimmy Shine build some clapped up El Co with shopping carts in the bed???? In THREE weeks no less. The deuce sedan was beautiful, great stance and killer wheels. They should have done the show about that car, not that pimped out Camino.

3wLarry likes this.
  28. Just another typical show with deadline drama. What a shame! I expected way more from two cool car guys. Oh well at least street outlaws was on afterwards, better sounds,burnouts, and racing.

3wLarry likes this.
  29. exterminator

exterminator

This really changes and defines what the term (Grocery Getter) is !

3wLarry likes this.
  30. Agreed! The show should have been more on the sedan, that is fantastic, and taking it to the track to test the quick change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.