Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

409 piston.JPG
    This is the piston that I had to cut for the engine that is in the car now.

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  2. image.jpeg image.jpeg Clutch is adjusted, did it Quick n Dirty and it turned out 0kie Dokerie. There were no Shenanigans, I didn't Duece it up, It's ready for the Salt Flats, Lakeshores, and the drags. Tight fit for my adjustment Wrenchbender, but I Slim Jimmed it in there. Now I'll be able to Powershifter like an Eric, she'll be wailing like a scalded ass 30 Dodge BOY! This sucker is gonna be a Hairy Hauler, a real Charger! We'll be in the fast lane, not the Scaredlane. If we whoop ya, no Sour Grapes now, ya hear.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Dog_Patch, BigDrag, II FUNNY and 8 others like this.
  3. 62Furious

62Furious

Ric you lack Furiously!!!

55belairx2, powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  4. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Ric

Sounds like everything is going Tickety Boo.:rolleyes:

Norb

55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bravo Ric well done.

6. We're getting ready to move, and I need to get our '62 rolling, so I'm working Furiously.

30dodgeboy, Dog_Patch and 55belairx2 like this.
  7. We're gonna run some dude named Norb, his dad must be Dr. Seuss. We're gonna give him a "shove he'll " soon not forget, so we're lashing the valves to make sure the Child don't go Tickety BOOM!

55belairx2 and Tickety Boo like this.
  8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I sure wish I had nothing better to do than sit around and think of sayings like ric does but I don't gotta get my dragster done and the tow rig and I might even put some new plugs in the Willys lol but I must say ric sure does make me laugh

9. image.jpeg Looking forward to seeing your new.., umm.., tail lights, Willy Tonka. ;)

loudbang, Dog_Patch and saltflats like this.
  10. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

The Child could get Spanked, Its gonna be close( still didnt give up on that 1050 ) just got a new metering block
    with power valve opening for the secondary side.

Still working on the diet, both me and the car. :rolleyes:
    34-4.jpg Tickety Boo meaning.jpg

Dog_Patch likes this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well Norb that metering block looks like it has more tricks than a monkey on 60 foot of grape vine.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  12. I'll see that weak sister threat, and raise you two! Suckety Boom.jpg

loudbang, Dog_Patch, BigDrag and 2 others like this.
  13. Heck Norbitty Neighbor, I may even just throw the OctoJet Super Cramm back on the ole tramp just for you! 1500 CFM of Rottencatcher Baddness! OctaJet Super Cramm.jpg

loudbang, Dog_Patch, II FUNNY and 4 others like this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Ain't nothing wrong with quadrajets I ran two of them on a blown hemi in a desoto I used have

Dog_Patch and 55belairx2 like this.
  15. P1050781.jpg

New idea brewing Norbitator. We still using Marcs 410" unleaded single 4 bbl street engine for his '56 Nomad (future tow/push car for the Child). I may just have to bring my the single 800 cfm Q-jet I built for my '68 Buick. Just so ya Beatty the Bad Buick.jpg can't cry two carbs. :)

Dog_Patch, 55belairx2 and Tickety Boo like this.
  16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If you guys watch them carbs you could lose some more weight.

Dog_Patch, powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  17. I've been saving parts to do a three Holley 4412 six pack, on top of one of our tunnel rams. I also have a top for 3 big car Rochester 2 bbls, the ones that flow around 400 cfm or so, and came on 400 small blocks, 396 2bbl's, & big Pontiacs, Olds, etc.

saltflats likes this.
  18. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Ric

School me on whats going on with the clear tubing going into the tunnel ram?

The 90 fitting under the the top?

19. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

That's top secret sh*t man!

20. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think he forgot to remove the Styrofoam packing...lol

21. Who says the mechanical fuel pump has to pump fuel, it can pull vacuum in the crankcase too. ;)

56 engine pic\'s 008.jpg 56 Chevy  pic\'s 007.jpg 56 engine pic\'s 004.jpg 56 engine pic\'s 007.jpg

22. Don't tell Marc, that I uh told.., aw crap.., never mind.

23. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Very Cool :cool: I LIKE IT

Wonder if you could run power brakes ? ( With a pump that requires a regulator ) o_O

Thanks

24. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And here I am doing it the hard way...drilling holes in headers etc. Very cool!

25. I borrowed the idea from a guy at work, he uses his to build a vacuum reserve for the factory power discs on his 65 Chevelle. It keeps 16" of vacuum in his reserve tank. I need to add a power brake check valve in my set up, to build a crankcase vacuum reserve, still sorting it out

Tickety Boo likes this.
  26. Cool idea. But one line appears to go from the intake plenum to the vacuum block which also "sees" the vacuum from the mechanical pump ?? You don't want to suck more from the intake do you ??

27. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Thats not the plenum, it's the highest point of the lower manifold, and is also sucking from the lifter valley.., now I gotta put it all back together, and get it back on the engine, before Marc finds ou..,t.., aah crap.., never mind.

loudbang likes this.
  28. Ok I get it, all lines are sucking from the crankcase, but that is quite a few lines sucking.....need that much ? High RPM pressures ?

29. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

If you dont suck the seals in its all good, helps piston ring seal and stops oil leaks when running.;)

I have been using a header evacuation system (like Deuced Up) on one end of the valve covers, on the other end of covers running filter breathers to pull clean air in. The breathers prevent to much neg. pressure.

Norb

30. image.jpeg
    These are the typical sized grommets for push in breathers, either static, or pan evac style. The bigger of the two has .900 id, so the breather hole is .875, and two of them would equal a 1.750 hole. My tunnel ram has .375 x 3 holes for a total of 1.125. The moon breathers have no holes beneath them, they're just for show. 1.750-1.125= .625 Looks like I'm 5/8" less than typical. ;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016