Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Toys

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by rbantique, Dec 5, 2010.

1. That's one of the coolest pictures on the hamb. I have one of me in 1961 also. I'll try to find and post it. I have the flat top holding the camper truck. there's a model of a 61 ford on the floor. Still have those but not in the greatest condition .I played hard with them. If you look close bottom left you can see my 58 Ford boat carrier in both photos
    031.jpg 017.jpg

Willy29, RetroSteel and Dean Lowe like this.
  2. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Totally cool little camper/truck you were holding! I had a 'flat top' haircut all the way thru' all 12 grades...Amazing collection you have to be sure!....sure don't make toys like they used to huh?! Very cool:D

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a photo of my "Wyandotte wall", the little shelf picture is mostly from Wyandotte, with a couple Marx trucks thrown in as well IMG_4325.JPG IMG_4326.JPG .

4. You are right .went to Toy R US to get my grandson toys for Christmas, couldn't find anything I liked so went home and shopped my garage for him. ha ha I went to the garage and took a photo of the boat carrier truck, from the old photo posted earlier . 022.jpg

5. That's a serious COLLECTION ! THANKS!!!

6. presents 4.jpg presents 3.jpg presents 5.jpg presents 7.jpg presents 4.jpg

You've got to have a filling station for all of those cars. This one is NIB from the 1960's and is shown under the Christmas tree in the garage with several other vintage toys from my youth. It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Attached Files:

7. Thanks never saw the box. Love the Art work. Wife and kids tell me I never got out of my childhood. good? bad? here's a very played with Shell station. 016.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Dean Lowe and The Hot Rod Grille like this.
  8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

49ratfink, that's a nice collection of Wyandotte cars and trucks. We have quite a few, I'll have to shoot some more pictures.

49ratfink likes this.
  9. Check out the "Big T" at the 11:35 mark of this video:

10. Kool RIG nice color combination and midget racer. also liked the video from carcruse.I'm posting a picture of a big red T bucket. One of them I got as a kid in 1964 the other a few years ago. I will let anyone guess which one I've had for 50 years! 026.jpg 020.jpg 022.jpg

quick85 and Dean Lowe like this.
  11. I think I'm the only 8 year old here, ha. ha. Doesn't anyone like or collect old HOT ROD TOYS ? The big red T bucket I got for Christmas in 1964 maybe what got me started liking HOT RODS. The now Black primed one ,is the one I've had for fifty years. Its been painted many times, purple with white Lace is one I remember. It would have looked like the red one when under the Christmas Tree in 64. POST some stories of Christmas past. 020.jpg 028.jpg 031.jpg 029.jpg

jnaki likes this.
  12. Ron Funkhouser said
    I think I'm the only 8 year old here, ha. ha. Doesn't anyone like or collect old HOT ROD TOYS ?

Yes, count me among the 8 year olds. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional! I love my toys!

Jim

13. I want to see the other Kids TOYS. I've seen mine, So post yours, Thanks... This week my theme is RUST! 242.jpg 244.jpg 243.jpg 237.jpg 040.jpg 073.jpg 072.jpg

14. I cant be the only kid who plays with toys! lets see some. here's one for this week. RON... 034.jpg 037.jpg 035.jpg

rbantique likes this.
  15. Brigrat that's a cool truck! I never seen one before, I really like the size. thanks for posting.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  16. But this is the HAMB and postings should follow the rules of the HAMB, if not this thread will probably end up with a lot of pictures of the newest Hot Wheels, etc. I'm sure that's not what Ryan wants. So when the Hot Rod toy was made does matter.

17. philo426

philo426

Brigrat,I have thoee metal trucks at Hobby Lobby.They have planes and motorcycles .too.Modern made tin thst is antiqued with a dark wash to appear vintage.

18. Thanks carcruse , most of my toys are old like me. I will only post ones made pre 65, Thanks. I for one preach pre 65 style for our rods so it makes sense that the toys would be the same.

19. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Poof it's gone!
    By the way philo426 it was not metal, plaster, tin or Ceramic ........................................

20. Johnny99

Johnny99

Got a few. Old and new. My latest. These Durant plastics/Tootsie Toy 1934 Ford "Victoria's" are plentiful and cheap. The " is there for a reason! Got this one delivered to my door for 10 bucks. Kinda goofy with a 4 X 4 stance and tires that hang way out. Twenty minutes with a cut off wheel, drill, pair of dikes, and a utility knife and TA DUH! Much better. The lovely MRS. 99 says " cant you leave anything alone?" NOPE! 34 plst hi 1.JPG 34 plst low.JPG Have a Great Easter all.

John

21. Looks much better! I have a couple of those. You got me thinking, it would be fun to make a Lake car from one of them. I will post it here when I do. Until then, IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0448.JPG 059.jpg here's a couple more toy HOT RODS Ron...

22. Good morning! Carlisle is almost here. I like to go and look for a cool HOD ROD toy. Hay, I never grew up. Its a little like Christmas in April. ha. ha. The fun is in the hunt. Sometimes I may just find an old body, that I can Hot Rod. Anyone else like doing this too. Ron... 20160113_131139.jpg 074.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Barn Find, Dean Lowe and rbantique like this.