Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Canfield, OHio Swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TagMan, Feb 23, 2016.

1. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is the April Canfield, Oh. swap meet worth a 4-hour drive ? Any idea how many Vendors are usually there ?
    Thanks,
    Bob

2. kenwood

kenwood
    from ne ohio

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Is that your final answer, Ken?

4. kenwood

kenwood
    from ne ohio

2500/3000 venders on 150 acres with another 150 acres of parking. Can be a little dicey if it rains. Most of the big name
    supplier , venders attent the April meet.
    hope that helps

5. 6-71

6-71

That number of vendors sounds quite optimistic to me, but bear in mind some of them are selling socks,beanie babys,candles etc.etc. That said,I live 1 hour away and never miss this swap meet.In my opinion I would be quite disapointed if I drove 4 hours to get there.

6. papajohn

papajohn

I drive 3+ hours, sometimes twice a year to go there. Spring and Fall. Sometimes its great, sometimes it's not.

I go with my buddy and/or my son and it's more about the fun, than the parts.

Beats staying home and mowing the lawn.

7. kenwood

kenwood
    from ne ohio

Danm key pad. It has a mind of its own!

8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I usually go on Friday, not as many lookers, but not all the vendors show up till Saturday. it's not Hershey, but it's still pretty big. I think you'll like it.

9. reagen

reagen

depends on what your looking for

10. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

if weathers good spring meet is the biggest with alot of first timers selling there extra parts /cleaning out the garage--not too many sun glass/shoes/tools/etc junk dealers

11. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like I'll be going !

12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a follow up on the Canfield, Ohio swap meet and say thanks to those that responded to my initial inquiry.

When I first pulled in, in front of the grandstand & track, it looked like maybe a hundred vendors selling curb findings on a muddy track! I was ready to chalk it up to experience, bail out and go home until I found the REAL swap meet out behind the grandstand. It took about 3- or 4-hours to walk through the entire meet and there was a lot of good stuff at what I considered, reasonable prices for the most part. My finds of the day were a pair of real nice front fenders for my '36 Ford at a fair price and a new, in the box 3M full face respirator for $40.00 !! I was a happy camper.

I think Canfield is kind of a half-size Carlisle and liked it so much so that I'm planning to go again in the Fall. Nice drive from my place, very little traffic and good hotel and restaurants within a couple of miles of the place with a small town feel - two thumbs up, IMHO.

swade41 likes this.
  13. papajohn

papajohn

We actually find the best stuff on the track. It's the guys that don't come every year, so it's always different. Inside is mostly repeat vendors with the same stuff every year.