Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1953 Dodge Pilothouse Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ford Mike, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I'm going to do everything in my power to save it. If I end up buying it I'll let you know about those parts!

2. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

FordMike,
    Are you sure it is a '56? From the windshield posts it looks like a '54. Starting in '55 and later the windshield posts were straight up, prior to '55 they were slanted back. I'm not an expert but it looks like a '54. Additionally, there are many parts that could be used on this truck if you acquire it. Good luck!
    Steve-

3. Steve, I have no idea what year it is, I just assumed it was a 56 because it has a poly v8. That is pretty much the only thing I was basing my guess on. I don't know a whole lot about 54-56 Dodge trucks, thanks for setting me straight, I guess it is a 54!

4. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Mike, Profile and truck pictures are looking cool mate. Have you got any new plans for it soon ?

5. Sparky52Dodge

Sparky52Dodge

I'm building a 52 low side pilothouse. Currently all original including running flathead 6 and 4 speed. I'm going to be putting a small block chrysler 360 and 4 speed back in it. I have some questions regarding the steering.

6. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

Nice project...keep up the good work.....mine's modified similarly but yet totally different.....chev drivetrain, later model 8 3/4 diff. front disc conversion, power booster from 88 chev p/u, custom radiator, cherry bed wood, de-bumpered front, custom rear bumper, raised floor w/S-10 buckets

Sparky52Dodge likes this.
  7. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

some shots of mine...

Attached Files:

Sparky52Dodge likes this.
  8. I think he sold this thing to by a Honda Civic...

@Ford Mike

9. I'd be more than happy to help on the steering, its kinda tough at first. Shoot me a pm.

Very cool!

Thanks for tagging me, I didnt even think anyone looked at this thread when I did it.

I did sell the truck, and I guess to sorta wrap this thread up heres what it looked like when it left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Thanks for posting this follow-up. You were so close!

Any idea what the ol' girl looks like now?