Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 3wlarry needs thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr. Mac, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Get the book by Tommy Johnson Sr. The drag racer that beat cancer after being told he had three months. My wife had her cancer treatments at Tulsa Cancer Center, good folks there. Get the book.

kidcampbell71 and 3wLarry like this.
  2. DAM! Larry.......WTF.....If anyone can beat this it is you....Hang in there and give it the best shot ya got as we all know you will. It is my bet you can beat it......and you know we all will be PW...
    Take care my friend

HOTRODPRIMER, 3wLarry and Hamtown Al like this.
  3. gonmad

gonmad

Larry, I don't surf much and just now saw this. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Will certainly pray for you buddy.
    Jimmy
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    HOTRODPRIMER and 3wLarry like this.
  4. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I`ll add my voice too. Keep us in the loop, will ya? All my best results have been inspired by prayer and Scripture, but I`m also a stubborn and singular Hot Rod Kiwi. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, Larry.....and you already know how to do and be that, yes?........Go with All Faith and Speed, Mate..

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Hang in there sir, head up and give this shit the middle finger...

loudbang and 3wLarry like this.
  6. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Where pray'n for ya downunder Larry,chin up mate!lets beat this shit!
    Gaz.

3wLarry likes this.
  7. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

More prayers coming your way.

8. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

You can beat this! In 20 years we still want to see "No Cancer Larry" still posting on the HAMB!

9. wsdad

wsdad

'Praying you get healthy again.

10. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

I don't know him, but i read a lot of post from him over here. Stay stong man!
    Junk

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

Larry! Best wishes on getting better. I'm rooting for you, man!

A couple things, that nice pinup doll that's giving you sponge baths, his name is Curtis! It's the drugs making you see things. Keep your hands to yourself! :D Also, there better be three windows in your room!

12. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pumpman,

My apologies to both you and Larry. When I read "scream of joy" in your post above I just about busted a gut laughing! Thank you for the humor.

Thor

lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I'm no beliver in praying, or anything like that.
    I belive in the sanctity of friendship, trust and kindness towards other people and being there for your frinds and family.
    And sending positive feeling towards people in there hour of need.

I can only wish that it will make the same difference that a beliver praying!
    Bad things happens to good people for no good reason, but we can always hope that exstrodinary things happen to special people for the same reason.
    So here is my best, send your way.

14. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Larry, I am so sorry to hear this news but I trust that you will stay confident and strong. I don't smoke much, really only when I golf, gamble and drink...so basically every day. After hearing your diagnosis I haven't purchased any and I plan not to. Every time I have the urge I will send you my good thoughts, prayers and strength. Keep your right foot down Larry.

15. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Larry that's horrible news, but it's something lesser men than yourself have overcome. Look up doctor Emanuel Revici, M.D, he found a cure for cancer back in the 50's - 60's, and practiced medicine until they revoked his license when he was 96 years old. The medical community rejected his methods, but they did work. There is a book about him and his treatments a friend of mine had back when he fought cancer. Here is a link to it, keep fighting the good fight. I'll be praying for you.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Doctor-Who-Cures-Cancer/dp/1438263902

3wLarry likes this.
  16. I am just catching up after being away for a week plus. I do not usually pray while on the HAMB. Well sometimes!
    Seriously my wife had both breast and bladder cancer over the last few years. She just finished beating the breast and then got hit with the bladder. Yes, I prayed! Today she remains cancer free. I am amazed at what they know and can do today. So I will continue to pray and include you. 32 guys need to stick together. "You Fight I'll Pray"

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Best wishes to you, Larry. A positive mental attitude is one of the best defenses you can have, and you've got that in bundles. Everyone here is pulling for you, stay strong mentally and physically.

3wLarry likes this.
  18. verde742

verde742

Larry there are no atheist in the foxholes..

I said God I usually do things my way, "I will go with what you think I can handle this time."

Here I am 7 years after told , " There is no cure for this cancer,"
    My new best friends work at the MAYO CLINIC...
    keep an open mind and a positive attitude,
    "the measure of a man is determined by the size of the problem that overwhelms him"

19. hallrods

hallrods

Larry,
    I have enjoyed your post over the years. I always figured you don 't need any pointers from me. I was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer went through surgery, 7 weeks of radiation, chemo it's a tuff road. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy if I had one.The only pointers I have for you is try to boost your immune system, talk to a nutritionist it's very important to keep yourself from getting sick. I believe the most important thing is prayer. I prayed for my family and what effect it would have on them without me my kids were in high school. I was also reading on healthycures.org the truth about cancer and essential oils. What no oncologist will tell you. You never know this may help. Anyway I will be cancer free for 8 years on February 13th. I have seen the things you can do in your posts so if I can beat cancer you can also.

Jack

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Good news....maybe
    The biopsy of my lung is leaning more toward lymphoma than stage 4 lung cancer...so...they took a bone marrow sample yesterday and sent it off to confirm or deny.

On another note, they found another mass...this time in my colon...you got it...they are going poop chute hunting in the AM

The difference between lymphoma and stage 4 is that lymphoma is much more treatable and the success rate is seriously better

I asked the doc...so I have a 50/50 chance now? He sais No...you have a 100 percent chance that you have cancer and it's going to be a long fight whichever cancer you have...

21. stimpy

stimpy

Lots better to hear the good news , as You know I do not post on bad Items as I often put my foot in my mouth . but this is one I do say you do have a chance .. now about the for the magnesium citrate to clean you out tommorrow , cannot help you there other than mix it with lemon gatorade if they let you , makes it taste a little better , and make sure the belt is tight on the shitter as your gonna find out what it feels like when they do a cat launch off a aircraft carrier when it kicks in ..

flatheadpete and 3wLarry like this.
  22. Travis T

Travis T

Don't listen to your doctor if he gives you a prognosis. I just got back from mine for my third treatment. He refuses to give a prognosis because he said everyone is different. They get it wrong all the time. My doctor was surprised how well I'm responding, I pray for you to have a similar update once you start treatment.

23. It may be a long fight but I'm a betting man and my money is on you! People beat this thing everyday. Wishing you the best.

24. pumpman

pumpman

Larry, some good news or better! So, there's some exploritory mining going to happen. When they did it to me when I came out the Doc said I now have the perfect asshole just like I was. Stay strong we're all pulling for ya man.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Model T1 and 3wLarry like this.
  25. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

That's encouraging news Larry. Let's see if we can lighten up your next procedure, think Lovin Spoonfull... "What a day for a butt ream....." Lean into it and keep the attitude.

pumpman and 3wLarry like this.
  26. GREAT! News Larry...This is not as tough a battle as you thought it was going to be after all. But it will still need all of your attention......So go kick it's ass like you would when some one told you those tires were to big on the back of your 3 window.....

3wLarry likes this.
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

We are still praying for the best news Larry, that does sound like good news.
    As usual hang in there and we'll be here for you.

3wLarry likes this.
  28. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Good news, we hope. It sounds like you have a good doctor, giving you straight information, too.

3wLarry likes this.
  29. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

You will still be in my prayers, Larry. It does sound like this is good news Enjoy that stuff you have to drink, but it will make you shit like a goose. Great stuff, with a very nasty taste

3wLarry likes this.
  30. Model T1

Model T1

I don't like to talk about surgery and other medical crap. But back in 2000 my wife had 18" or more of her colon removed. Later complications when the repair leaked shit inside her body. She was literaly full of shit and by the time I got her to our hospital there was little chance. This was in 2000 and she might still be full of shit but it's not the internal type. ;)
    I had melanoma cancer on my forehead. Surgery and I lived. I died from heart failure several years ago. I'm only saying this to show there are many of us been thru hell and are still here spreading the word of the HAMB and other shit.
    You can do it Larry. Better the doctors play with your ass than a sissy boy at the local bar.:rolleyes:
    I'm not a doctor but I play one with the ladies.:)

Hamtown Al, volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.