Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

BTTT

Supposed to pick up A tomorrow, wish me luck! Heard new motor run today and is is soooo much better than that old lump.

GAOldsman likes this.
  2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Good news indeed! Now you need some roadster driving weather to break in that engine.

3. Nice :cool: Can't wait to see it :cool:

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Turn my back for a few days and this thread disappears! On page 30 in 8 days.

6. Ah it's still way early, but it's good to bring it up to the top as much as possible. I know I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger lately.

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Have talked to a few guys who've been down for test and tune at Silver Dollar Raceway, and all say the new racing surface is good, Got a little problem with front shock upper mounts on BGII, but when that's fixed I plan to go down for a couple of test runs.

8. They are open already - wow - spring is here!

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yep, no doubt. I saw a friend of mine yesterday afternoon driving his '16 "T" roadster hot rod.

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Guess I'll have to bump back to top.

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just gotta keep on keeping on: BUMP

12. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

It is a great time, unless it is fracking cold like last year. We are earlier so it should be good temp wise. Always fun and food it yummy. Can't wait to be there. Will be in A model this time and having fun.

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Woody, I'm also hoping that the 10/29 date will be better weather.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  14. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

15. Man I love that '55 :cool: :cool: That baby will get outta here too ;) K:cool::cool:L

Speaking of another tri-five I loved was the ODB from the Southeast Gassers. :cool:

Photos courtesy of Redsled: :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the only member of the SEG to attend might I add.... Ahem.. Not calling any names or anything Ahem... Ahem

But I hear rumors that "Yesterday's Child" is joining up with the SEG this year :cool:

Is it true?

tylercrawford likes this.
  16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Wish we could get SDR interested in SEG.

17. I saw JT at Commerce swap Saturday, he found a good shop that will do aluminum work and they are lightening his car. That thing was so damn fast at the Greer finals already :eek:

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tony, the new issue of HRM, which I subscribe, may not be on newsstand yet, has a series of dyno tests on Hemi engines of Gen I, Gen II (elephant), and GenIII (current), quite interesting.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  19. DOM and Woody,
    Did either of y'all get the roadsters out this weekend? Pic's?

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Mine is getting a bit of work just now on reinforcing front shock mounts on the frame. Little problem with bungs installed breaking loose from the frame rail. And this was work the previous owner had done on the rolling chassis that came from Pete and Jake via Brookville.
    But it was a beautiful day for roadster driving that unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy.

21. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Mine is sitting at upholstery shop. Not sure went I can expect it back. Have some parts to drop off after lunch so may find out some expected finish date. Sure did miss it during the great weekend weather. Had to keep working on pasture fences since I had no rod, and my back sure is hurting today.

22. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Great pic, Cabbage and his Merc, I know, but is the digger Tyler or Tudor?

24. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Anybody seen any postings or otherwise heard from Mulette?

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Pretty much decided that for now, until after SIM, I'm going to install a fish plate, bolted on with numerous bolts thru right frame horn. This plate will go back to the headlight mount and to or maybe even under parking light/turn signal lamp. It will be under those shock mount bolt holes in brackets and help support them, even with the bung removed and a washer/nut inside frame channel. Continue forward with stagger bolts/washers/nuts to secure to flame. Before installation, blend and paint black like frame to be less noticeable, then bolt shock bracket, etc. back on. After SIM, maybe do the left side to match. The frame is boxed from front crossmember back, but wall thickness a little too thin to get a good, strong weld from frame vert. wall to bung and then dress off ourside to be smooth. This fish plate method should handle the problem till sometime in BGII's future.

27. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Sorry, I am in the dark. What is the problem you are fixing?

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

As mentioned in post #50 this thread, bung welded in frame for one of 2 bolts on shock mount right front weld broke and bung pulled out, loosening shock mount.

29. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Oh, thanks. Been loading firewood, bush hogging and finally got to sit down. My brain does not work well when it is tired and in need of alcohol!!

30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Woody, am I remembering correctly? Did you stay at the Ft. Wayne Hotel last year?
    I had a death in the family and didn't make it.