Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. I wont sell my winning time slips.

loudbang likes this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Shit I don't even know what one of them look like.

loudbang likes this.
  3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Me either...I haven't made a full pass since the first year I attended.

loudbang, 30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

But my Fun-O -Meter is pegged all the time.

loudbang likes this.
  5. I broke the needle off last year.

loudbang, 30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.
  6. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

It's for a big RV...;)

Jon

powrshftr and Tickety Boo like this.
  7. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Jon

Looks like any more lift will require larger cam bearings, care to share the gross lift number?:rolleyes:

Norb

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Sorry Brian,

I don't have the bankroll to hire a fleet of fabricators and mechanics to build my car for me.
    I was working nights for about 4 moths straight,then trying to get the car together after a 13hr night shift.

This year most of the heavy lifting is already done,so as long as funds don't trip me up,we should be in good shape.

Maybe a little less time spent patting yourself on the back,and more time keeping that thing off the wall this year...?

Scott

II FUNNY likes this.
  9. its easy to not crash a car when you don't have it on the track. tucked safely and warm in the shop. how much damage can you cause if it falls off the car stand in your garage. you have all eight barrels of this cross rammed hemi powered crap flinging machine wide open now.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  10. powrshftr

powrshftr

Haha!
    I think I'm gonna stand WAAAAAAAAAAY back from the wall when you run that thing....If you couldn't handle it on gasoline,the nitro should make for some gooooood watchin'!

......For half a pass or so,anyway.

Scott

II FUNNY likes this.
  11. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's like the fourth time you've edited that post,X.....Simmer down and breathe for a minute!lol!

Take a few minutes and think it through if you have to man,we'll still all be here.

Scott

Smoothy likes this.
  12. im just board at work. I got taken out by a icu bed last Saturday. it hit me in the same knee that got messed up in the crash. so they put me on light duty. I have nothing to do for eight hours a day. I will be on light duty for a few more days so the crap could be coming hot and heavy a little longer.

loudbang and Smoothy like this.
  13. Jiminy-Cricket-1.jpg
    Kind of like you did in 2014? Scott & his wife, however, both in their early 40's, also made a healthy baby boy during those months, and he spent a good amount of time, tending to his bride & perculating baby boy, as he should, instead of on his car. He did however, leave his 6 month pregnant wife at home, go to the Meltdown anyway, knowing he would eat plenty of crow for running his keyboard, and not his car, cause he couldn't wait to watch your no expense spared, blown gas hemi run some more high 9's & 10.0's and better yet, some of the South East Gassers run low nines in their naturally aspirated real deal Gassers.., in crap air.., without superchargers, electronic injection, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Smoothy, powrshftr and II FUNNY like this.
  14. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

So, no blower motor for me this year. The machine shop let me know I bought a really nice anchor for my boat... Gonna have to keep up with Scott with the current mill...

P.s. This is a redirect to a new conversation folks

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's gotta sting.....

16. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

The worst part is I don't even have a boat for that anchor...

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  17. powrshftr

powrshftr

What are you running for a rear gear now Jeff?
    It pulled the wheels a little last year,even in that crap 9000 degree air that made my eyes melt.lol
    If you run it at night it should really work good:)

Scott

loudbang likes this.
  18. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

P.s. This is a redirect to a new conversation folks [/QUOTE]

And I have a freshly popped bag of popcorn too!

30dodgeboy, Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  19. powrshftr

powrshftr

I was kinda bummed that Uncle Doker made me stand in the corner.:(

Scott

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

We just can't have any fun.

powrshftr likes this.
  21. Smoothy

Smoothy

This is good news to me! Let's run em

powrshftr likes this.
  22. RE-CALCULATING!
    Is there something else you need to pick up the current combo for this year? It's gotta suck looking at the ass of that gold 55 pass after pass, and I got some more trinkets my kids are dying to color on.., or should I just talk Marc into driving for you?

23. and not one of the seg weighs 3200 lbs with out the driver. or run through the mufflers or have the sterio blasting. are licenced; tagged and insured. lets not forget street driven. its really not that difficult to build a single purpose vehicle to run in the eights. in todays world eights are just about entry level. this year I will have a car just as light so we will see what happens. I might even drive it there. maybe you and your seg friends will do the same.

loudbang likes this.
  24. powrshftr

powrshftr

You'll be able to pick chunks of em out of the weeds by the side of the track James.:)

Scott

30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.
  25. powrshftr

powrshftr

It's not that hard to run in the 8's with a blower,electronic traction control,and a dump truck load of $1000 bills either.

Scott

II FUNNY and saltflats like this.
  26. We brought our street car in 2014, it said Winnebago/Jamboree on the side, it was quite comfortable & towing our race car.., you know, to the races.

27. Would it look something like this? Come on guys i need 30 more minutes of this to keep me awake long enough to punch out for the day 20160131_140221.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Was that after he hit the wall?

29. im just thinking about your newborn scott. that's why I run a flex fuel street/race car. as he gets older im sure he will appreciate the cleaner air.

30. that happened at cordova. the cammer blew to pieces. bursting into flames. the drivers goggles got oiled. it crashed into the car in the left lane. both cars then went into the right guard rail near the finish line. bach and gould rolled the cammer over the wall. when the smoke and dust cleared only one car was on the track. it was crazy. luckily no one got hurt exept for thr cars. I have several more pics of the mess. b/g retired the car shortly after. what a shame. the cammer had its own sound. there aren't too many chances these days to hear one on nitro.

loudbang likes this.