Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Not sure what bear everyone's coming loaded for??? We're coming loaded for Mustangs, Falcons, Elephants and Whales!

2. bigslim55

bigslim55

Sorry to hear that Scott about your buddy...! Been there too, sometimes life's not fair... Remember idle hands is the devils workshop...
    Jimbo...

30dodgeboy likes this.
  3. 62Furious

62Furious

Norb well sated. As for Scott , you can tare that sticker up and throw it away BECAUSE I am going to kick that ford all the way back to Canada with its tail be tween its rear...

Scott sorry to hear about your friend. When you loose a friend your age it really slaps you in the face, and lets you know how precious life is.

loudbang, 55belairx2 and Tickety Boo like this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sorry to hear about you lose brother.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Scott.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Scott

Your still bringing your Pellet Gun? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  7. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Scott

Sorry about your loss.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Getting ready to put my new RV cam in the Falcon and maybe I might be able to keep up with you guys.

Jon

Attached Files:

9. 354valiant

354valiant
    from Illinois

The HEMI Valiant and the South Bend Road OiLeR will be there... Looking forward to an awesome event!

Attached Files:

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks just a bet bigger than an RV cam to me.

Falcon Gasser likes this.
  11. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Racing
    Vehicle

Radical
    Velocity

Righteous
    Volume

Really
    Vivacious (Kinda proud of this one! :D)

12. Saxxon

Saxxon

Oh oh ... I started buying car parts...

Now my wallet is turned upside down and money is pouring out of it. It doesn't appear to want to stop anytime soon. It's spitting out my lunch money and now I'm eating peanut butter sandwiches at work... It's spewing my "date with the wife" money and now I'm resorting to watching 50 Shades on pay per view rather than going out... It's barfing out my "mad" money so now I'm clipping coupons. My credit cards have made a break and are hoot'n and holler'n and making an ungodly racket. I've been chasing them all over the place but they're running wild and crapping out $1000 invoices all over the good rug faster than an incontinent rabbit on Mexican food... It's going to take me forever to clean that mess up - and - somehow make it disappear before the wife sees it all and realizes they're cannibalizing the saving and vacation account... I have her convinced there's an Ebola breakout in the Dominican ... "Maybe next year honey". The least those little bastards could do was buy me a shovel so I can dig myself out of this mess - or into an early grave - whichever one comes first.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I am enabling it all... I try - so very hard, but the internet has pretty pictures of pretty parts with the promise of more speed... I try to resist but before I know it I'm lured in and I'm feeding the monsters like a scene from the Little Shop of Horrors

This would all be good if it was for a new build, you know, maybe a short wheelbase 10,000 rpm SEG monster or a period correct AWB... but (alas) it isn't. Once again I'm taking the Scout from a perfectly fine and set up race car - into the unknown... when will I ever learn ?? Last year it was $1,500 to figure out I needed .50 cents worth of rubber tubing on the carbs, before that was a brand new blower carbs to replace the ones that worked fine... only to end up square jetting the new ones the same as the old ones (??) Before that I built a new (expensive) blower motor to replace the simple and effective single carb 377 that made my Meltdown debut so successful - and ended up running - slower !!

Damn you Meltdown Drags - This is all your doing !!
    I curse you and thank you in the same voice

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    hipster, loudbang, Smoothy and 6 others like this.
  13. powrshftr

powrshftr

Sounds like you and I fell down the same rabbit hole Davey!

It's a slippery slope once you start "fixing stuff",isn't it?

My little "tuck the tires in properly like they're supposed to be" project turned into a near-complete restoration of the car front to back last winter,from notching the shock towers,to widening the stock wheel tubs,to repairing rust and previous substandard "repair" work,to installing a roll bar,to relocating the battery,to installing new springs on all 4 corners (still on the to-do list),to fixing my electrical gremlins (also a work in progress),to fabricating and installing a new Trans mount,to getting the new motor assembled and installed (coming to a swear jar near you soon),to building a rear firewall,to welding and machining the I.D. Of the bellhousing to fit the new Trans,to custom machining pilot shaft bushings for the oddball Trans setup,to custom machining and press-fitting a sleeve into the throw out bearing for said oddball Trans setup,to cutting the floor for the shifter,to modifying the shifter so I can reach the darn thing when I'm belted into the car,to installing the belts and installing a back-brace for the seat,to trimming,fitting,painting and fabbing & welding in brackets for the A/FX style hood,to doing mods to the leading edge of the wheel lips (to-do list) to completely rebuilding the rear end with 35 spline axles as per Quain's recommendation,to putting the interior back in the car and realizing the plastic seats scared the shit out of me,and going back to the heavy stockers,to test fitting the new "big" headers once,twice....seven times to get the clearance right,to rebuilding the carbs (work in progress),to clearancing the intake for throttle clearance (in progress),to swapping rear tire size for the third time to get something that fits and will hook without mangling the car up too much more,to building a completely new fuel system for the new motor,to fabbing and welding in new forward mounts for the Traction Master bars,to fabbing heim joint adjustable bars....Phew!

I wouldn't change a thing.....Other than all that shit. lol!

Scott

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Jon:
    I was able to trade your tires for a pair of 28x9.5's that will fit on the car.:)

Thanks again Brother!:)

Scott

loudbang and Falcon Gasser like this.
  15. YA! Scott traded me the 28 x 9.5's and only $300 cash for them! There that should wiz up the bee hive!:p

loudbang and Falcon Gasser like this.
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lmao!Well you're delivering them,plus throwing in some CP/Carrillo decals,and an autographed copy of your autobiography "Eye's the Bye That Builds the Pistons"....

Who could refuse THAT deal...?

Scott

loudbang likes this.
  17. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Good deal Scott, I was a little worried they might be a tad big and at least you could use them for trade bait.

Jon

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  18. I sold em to Moon Flop It, for the front of his '56. ;)

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

I ended up trading them to a local guy who runs a fleet of late model SN95 mustangs.Half are road race cars,half are drag cars,and he rents them out for corporate "team building" events and open track days.
    They will probably end up on his buddy's 5.0 street race car:)
    Thanks again Brother:)

Scott

loudbang likes this.
  20. powrshftr

powrshftr

I don't think they're big enough for the front of his car.....But I just saw some Funny Car slicks in the classifieds...

Scott

loudbang likes this.
  21. Smoothy

Smoothy

Anyone got any 31xsomethingx15 slicks lying around? Or any firestone champion deluxe tires like these on the front of my 56? 7.10x15 can't find them anywhere. 20150913_163300.jpg

22. Smoothy

Smoothy

Now I wanna say, I'm not here to advertise. But, if anyone is looking for a hoodscoop for their gasser I can hook you up with one. I can get them in any Color and with custom dimensions 20150810_190859.jpg 20150726_224949.jpg 20150715_143904.jpg

enloe and powrshftr like this.
  23. 55belairx2, Smoothy and loudbang like this.
  24. Smoothy

Smoothy

Seems like us Tri-five guys know how how it's done.

loudbang and 55belairx2 like this.
  25. That's right, we bling'n it up for the folks

loudbang and Smoothy like this.
  26. I will have my updated street driven slo-par coupe there if any of you chevy and ford guys are looking for any action? come one come all.

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  27. powrshftr

powrshftr

I can think of an overhead cam powered Ford that will probably be lookin for some of that action.
    And he doesn't need electronic traction control,or electronic fuel injection to get the job done.

28. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. nitro runs through mechanical injection. but you already knew that. I have been following the build and it looks great. im all for a match it should be fun. just like last year. oh but wait you weren't there. you spent too much time on this site running your computer and not enough in the shop so you could run your car. I could post video showing how poorly your predictions and big talk went last year. bring in the crickets.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  30. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

How much are fuel souvenirs going for this year?

powrshftr likes this.