Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RECOVERED! Stolen 41 Buick in Kansas City

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ebbsspeed, Jan 21, 2016.

1. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

You speak from experience?

2. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

The local KC press reports today the Buick was found. The family will get the vehicle tomorrow. That's great. No other details were released. I believe the video caused the tips to come in.

OG lil E, kiwijeff and David Gersic like this.
  3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

GREAT NEWS! Thanks for the update.

Ray

4. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

The family reports the car will be moved to a secure storage space. The family has to face probate court next. Having dealt with that myself, it's a slow process.

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That is awesome news. Glad to hear they got the car back, but hate to hear about the loss of one of "us". RIP!

6. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

The family was reunited with the Buick today. A postman spotted the Buick on his route. He contacted the police who hauled it to an impound lot. I'm sure the car will be processed before being returned to the family. There is a newer Cadillac that is still missing. The family still faces probate court which can take up to a year to sort things out. I will add a post if someone is charged with the theft. I can only hope the thief gets his chestnuts roasted before he is charged. I've always been fond of street justice. How about you?

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice to see the car returned, and sure hoping the scumbags that took it have a serious accident with an acetylene torch, or maybe get their shirtsleeves snagged on the headstock of a powerful lathe. As someone who was robbed at gunpoint less than two years ago, I have zero sympathy for any suffering that a criminal has to endure. As far as I'm concerned, the longer and more painful, the better. Laying on the floor beside your son with a gun to the back of your head for twenty minutes while three fucktard useless pieces of shit ransack your home changes a man.

34toddster likes this.
  8. bchctybob

bchctybob

Ebbspeed; it sure as hell does................
    Glad they got the car back, sad the owner passed... R.I.P.

9. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Very glad to hear that the Buick was recovered.

Sorry to hear of your terrible experience, Ebbspeed. That really sucks.

10. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Not always...

The MO legislature passed a f'ed up law in the 2012 session that is particularly scary to antique car collectors:

SCRAP METAL OPERATORS (Section 301.227)
    "A scrap metal operator is allowed to purchase or acquire an inoperable motor vehicle, or the parts from a vehicle, that is at least 10 model years old without receiving the original certificate of title, salvage certificate of title, or junking certificate from the seller if the scrap metal operator verifies with the Department of Revenue, via the department’s online record access, that the motor vehicle is not subject to any recorded security interest or lien."

11. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

If you break down in Missoruri, don't leave your car. NSRA has a book they give to their members called The Fellow Pages. It contains names and numbers for members who will assist you. It's worth belonging to the organization just to get the book. I carry it with me when I travel. It has saved my bacon more than once. I usually travel alone. It's a bad law. Needs to be repealed.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  12. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Peanut 1959, thank you for researching that bad law. I've been battling cancer for 10 months and have been a bit tied up with my health. I have only been to one show since diagnosed in April. I drove my modern car to that show. The HAMB is a good forum to discuss stupid laws. Thanks again.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Great news. With all the video and now getting the car back, I hope someone turns in these scumbags.

Don

14. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

I hope someone 'turns them in' to 'something', too!

15. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thanks for posting the update! Very sorry for the family to have to go through this just after a loved one passes. Now as for the thieves, hope they are forced to drink battery acid. That may even be to good for the bast@%ds!

16. Well that depends I offered to shoot a professional mechanic with a screw driver in his had if he made another step toward my mom's car once. :eek: :D

I swatted a fella with a bat in my driveway a couple of years ago while he was trying to hook up my old willys. Then called 911 for him as I was preparing to swat him the second time. They sent a cop instead of the meat wagon, who promptly loaded him up and took him away. Then they called me and asked that I not swat the guy from the impound yard who was coming to load his truck up and haul it off.

The arresting cop showed up with the police report for me to sign, it said that the guy fell and hurt his shoulder while he was trying to steal my truck. In Missouri it is not illegal to protect life and property but the cop kept me out of court and not liable for a law suit that way. :)

I guess they found the car but the news didn't elaborate.

I mentioned earlier that I do not call the cops, it is one of the few rules that I try and follow. I really did call for am ambulance and not the police, problem is that here in the metro you can't get one without the other.

Jet96, PBRmeASAP and Arabie777 like this.
  17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Beaner you really need to write a book! Joe

18. OUCH another black eye for T.N. Newport is where a lot of stolen cars wind up. Bruce.

19. I am glad they found the car. Now hang the bastard! Bruce.

20. I have been toying with it for a couple of years, maybe while I am laid up I will snag one of those voice recognition things and get serious about it. I will have to change the names to protect the guilty, the innocent don't need protecting. :D

Max Gearhead likes this.
  21. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I just love catching a scumbag in the act and dispensing street justice. Either or both in large quantities. Writing a book; 7 years after the act is a good barometer. Usually civil suits must be filed before 7 years. Happy hunting.

22. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

In most states shooting that guy would have given you'd long jail term

Only if he was in the house could you shoot him

I was told by a lawyer that of a guy is entering your house shoot him but drag his ass in the house so their are no questions

23. mountainman2

mountainman2

24. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D @Bruce Fischer.That happened in my home town in Fl about 50 years [email protected] Fl any citizen has the right to stop a felony in progress by any means at their disposal.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

25. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Your profiling is fascinating. Please elaborate more.

26. What I was trying to say was if you shoot the bastard put a screwdriver in his/her hand. I will not call the police either. Called them one time when some asshole juvies were destroying the water fountain on the golf course. SOB cop came in my house & made me produce ID & ran it. I guess I was lucky all the warrants had expired . heh heh he Jus kiddin I have never had a warrant. Had a trailer rental that some crackhead was behind in his rent & he was tearing up the insides of the trailer. I called the chief of police & he came down & I showed him the damage & told him the idiot won't leave > He said I had to give the idiot a notice to vacate & it was good for 90 days. I said BS I'll hook the truck up & back it down the boat ramp & he will come out. Cop tells me if I do he will take me to jail & be sure that I do not turn off the utilities also. The dummy finally left & got in trouble & thrown in jail where he hung himself. Had a bastard steal my 55 vette many years ago & they caught him & only gave him a fine & ticket for joyriding. When we went to court they treated me like I was the thief. Little bastard was from an area 20 miles away. Lucky I never saw him again as I would still be behind bars

27. And that right there, in Bob's post, is why there is so much thieving, bashing, murder and other sundry crimes being committed today. The days of the punishment suiting the crime are gone and that is sad for society. Your ancestors used to hang horse thieves (often on the spot where they were caught), today, if someone steals our horse (car) we give them therapy so "they may learn the error of their ways. BS, lets get back to our great, great Grandpa's day.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Here in Ohio I don't think stealing is illegal anymore. If anything, the perp is sentenced to minor inconvience and a waived fine.
    I think if a few more these effing scumbags had to pay up with their lives it may be a deterrent. I hate liars and thieves.

Kevin

29. That is why I never left the 64 buick wagon in the seedy sections of big towns. The color will tell you who would take it.
    Leo, when I lived down in Mount Dora Flordia{drove truck there for 10 years}.The local sheriff Ken Berry say if you shoot some one doing you harm or stealing anything shoot him .Then DRAG HIM SIDE YOUR HOUSE.Then you will not be procuted.lol.Bruce.

30. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Bruce.Remember the Mount Dora gun shop?Really neat place.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo