Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ★★★ Are you having problems with the HAMB? ★★★

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Finally got it to work; figured out I had to check more boxes than just "browsing history" before hitting the "clear browsing data" button on Chrome. Now to see what surprises the phone holds.

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

3. I am one of those old farts still playing with AOL. I went to Exployer and deleted what you said but still end up log in or out depending on what page I'm in.

4. NOT.... worked good, closed the browser, came back later....not working again.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I managed to open IE and find the gear and followed written instructions..Diviated a little on disable selections [with wife's approval] and held breath while hitting delete..Then restarted...registered and all is well..I think..

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Must be OK; I looked in the mirror and I don't look like Beaner any more!..

loudbang likes this.
  7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I tried several times using the instructions Ryan posted,
    didn't stick until I rebooted, seems ok now.

8. I've cleared my cache a number of times. Still have issues.

9. I keep getting kicked off and have to re-sign in.

10. If I'm here and then click on the forum tab in the header above to go to what I guess is the main page, where you select forum you want to view it, indicates that I need to log in again.

11. Paul

Paul
    Editor

12. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I was having the same issues until I restarted.... it seems to have cleared up

13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Ha! I spoke too soon..Started having hiccups again...Error to open pic or reply...Closed all down and re opened and signed in..Several times, now seems to be back but lost a new post I made to see if I could post!!

14. Rebooted several times plus followed the delete history instructions. No change on this old computer but the grandsons works okay. Log in depends what part of the Hamb I am visiting.

15. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Test threads should go in the questions and suggestions forum

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

like others, have gone through the suggested exercise, and info provided through online question/answers for firefox. sometimes have to repeat process of logging on, even when I click stay logged in. sometimes will not look like I am logged in but, go down opening page list and click on The Hokey Ass Message Board will be accepted as logged in. then if go to another site and come back have to start all over again trying to log in..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. ................Paul, If you mean by reboot to turn off the computer and turn back on, I've done that probably 10-12 times since very early this morning.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

What browser are you using? If using IE8, make sure this:

"Preserve favorites website data"

is unchecked when you delete your cookies.

19. Using Google Chrome, Ryan.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Doing some testing now...

21. Toner283

Toner283

Still having issues here too. Android mobile. I clear the cache and log in and everything seems to work fine. Check back five minutes later and I am logged in and everything seems to work fine. Check back an hour after that and I am logged out and cannot log back in until I clear the cache again.

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Make sure you clear cache from beginning of time like so:

begin.jpg

23. I'll give that a try as I only went back (I think) one day before. Thanks.

24. I'm having basically the same problem as Don but I'm on Firefox.

Downside is all the sites I visit have to be rebooted. HRP

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

OK guys... I think I'm probably going to have to turn caching off. What does this mean:

1. This problem everyone is having will go away completely with no action from them.

2. The site will slow down until I can find another way around the problem we are having.

Gonna happen in the next hour or so...

26. Your suggestion seemed to work, Ryan.:D So far, so good. I cleared my browsing history back to the beginning of time, turned off the computer, then re-started. Seems to be keeping me logged in so far.........even when I change pages. Thanks for the help with my very limited IT skills.

27. I'm still golden, keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again, Ryan. Sorry this stuff has gotten spread out over half a dozen threads.

28. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Did everything as instructed for Foxfire and I'm still having problems. Tried to log in but won't stay logged in. Not sure but I may have to refresh my password as mine may be obsolete as I haven't had to log in for a long time until now. I really enjoy the HAMB but I may be finished?

29. Hang in there,I had problems at first but everything is working as it should now,,I went back and repeated the process and I'm golden. HRP

Firefox
    1. From the History menu, select Clear Recent History. ...
    2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
    3. Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.

30. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have an iPad , followed Ryan's instructions...Worked Like a Charm...Thanks Ryan....