Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '49 Business under construction...paint ideas?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Channel49, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Channel49

Channel49

No judging here! I'm the guy with the primered car. Haha!

2. Channel49

Channel49

Here is the colour and sheen I have selected!

ULinh9s.jpg
    Bqpz_PVIUAISsj7.jpg

kustomitch and Cooon like this.
  3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah that's perfect, this will make the ol shoebox.... So are you going to spill the beans on how the low gloss was achieved .

4. U-235

U-235

nice car....I'd like to see a front end shot with the grille, it looks interesting. Before you get too far along, please get rid of that trunk handle.

5. Channel49

Channel49

It's a special top secret....er....secret.
    It's not what you think and it will be temporary until the chop next year. I may also completely change the colour by then. I will post pictures!

6. Channel49

Channel49

I will probably remove the handle the same time as the chop. :)

7. AlkyWagon

AlkyWagon

555.jpg
    I'd go for a brighter color, such as this blue, but it's your car. Looks like you've done a great job on it, so far.

8. It's not a wrap is it? I've heard that doesn't do well over primer. Doesn't like to stay put..

9. Channel49

Channel49

Nope. Not a wrap.

10. Great looking car...I couldn't help but try a couple of colors on it.

red.jpg blue.jpg ti.jpg

Channel49 likes this.
  11. Channel49

Channel49

Woah I love it! You the man, Moose! Thanks for doing that. I love the red the best although I think my dark cherry will be a bit darker. Either way, gives me a great idea of how its going to look now. :cool:

12. Since you're asking for opinions/advice... I was going to paint my car oxblood (similar to the dark cherry you've picked out), but then I found a really nice complete interior in a medium blue (similar to yours). Dark red and medium blue don't look good together IMO, which is why I'm looking at gunmetal greys and platinums. That's a nice interior, I'm guessing you're not going to swap it out, you might want to have a rethink on your colour choice. Just my opinion of course.

13. Now that's a great car!
    Satin black for me................

14. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

You need to flatten out the bottom of that grille opening. With the bottom "lip" pulled up in the center, the poor thing looks like it is about to cry!

15. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

I say paint it SHINY black

16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Temporary and not a wrap? Not plastic dip of some sort, you know the stuff you dip your tool(s) into?

17. Channel49

Channel49

Before y'all tar and feather me....yes, it's plastidip. I plan on giving the car a full real paint job after I chop the roof and shave the handles off which will be sometime next year hopefully. Until then, primer is just not going to do it for me. A friend of mine owes me a favour or two so he'll be dipping it for the price of the product (around $300). I can peel it all off whenever I want to or change the colour if need be. It is TEMPORARY! Haha.....yes I am being defensive but I know the stigma that surrounds this procedure.

I will post some pictures once it is done.