Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Getting the date set early this year so that all who are interested can make their plans to attend this fun event. silverdollarraceway.com
    SDR is a first rate NHRA approved quarter mile strip with eighth mile option. The event is laid back, fun oriented, with free camping.
    Safety checks are easy for a car that is decently constructed and has seat belts.
    More details will follow as the year goes by, just getting the date out and visble. If you have [​IMG]questions please ask.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Heck yeah dom. Looking forward to it! We can even race in our Halloween costumes with that date!

GAOldsman likes this.
  3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

We won't be running on the same day as Jr. dragsters this time, so should be more track run time available.

4. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Lot's O fun. Can a Jack-O-Lantern take place of a helmet?? Will be there

GAOldsman likes this.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Woody, on a closed car you can run without a helmet on a car that runs slower than a specified et/mph. But I suspect that on a roadster they prolly are going to want a helmet.
    How's things going on the crate engine deal?

6. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hi Dave,
    Motor has made it's way to Atlanta from Nebraska and is supposed to be delivered Monday. I am off to Mecum Kissimmee Tuesday to have some fun and look at at bunch of American muscle and iron. Not planning to buy anything but got a bidders number just in case a Porsche 356 is available for $20. lol Hopefully by next October I am ready to run the A Model on the track a few times just for fun. Will bring my motorcycle helmet just in case.

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  7. Here ya go Mark RWYB 11 Flyer.jpg I am stoked that we are able to procure a date this early :cool: Now we can get the word out a bit 'mo better ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Floater03 likes this.
  8. Would love to see some of those Geargoyles and Iron Lords over in GA for this!!!

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, I know it's a long pull for them, but it would be nice for them to make it down. Maybe gas will still be cheap then.

GAOldsman likes this.
  10. If my roadster is done by then (it'd better be), I'm in. Roll Bar B&W.jpg

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tom, that's a damn nice looking roadster, and your plans to play and party with us in Reynolds for RWYB are really cool!
    The car looks nearly completed, what's left to get it done?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  12. Thanks Dave. Still have right much to do...paint, interior, wire, gotta get a driveshaft. Not in the least is NC registration, which can take forever with these cars. I hope to be done by early summer. 'Would be great to have it finished in time for Steel In Motion, but I doubt that will happen.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, we'll just have to hope for the best, sho' nuff' would be great if you're ready by SIM, maybe make some of that stuff be on the "in work list" if it's roadworthy. BGII has been licensed to drive for about 4 years I guess, but I ve still got stuff waiting for a "roundtuit", and problems found, fixes made, etc.
    And who the hell needs upholstery in a roadster anyhow? That can always be delayed another year.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Woody, you got that new engine yet?

16. Maybe this year I can focus on some of the punch list for the coupe.

17. Wow ! First time I looked at you build thread Tom. Very nice work! Enjoy the snow summer is coming. :D

18. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

UPS finally got around to bringing it from Atlanta to Villa Rica Wednesday after lunch. It is assembled and back in Roadster. Hope to get it running Monday. Now if it will warm up a bit?

GAOldsman likes this.
  19. Great news Woody :cool: Can't wait to see that baby in person. I may need to shoot up that way soon for a Lucky's gathering.

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm with Scot on this, maybe after you get the bugs ironed out and we have a get together in some decent roadster driving weather, you can bring it to the event, Woody.

21. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Well the damned flywheel they told me to get did not fit my C4 bell housing. Looks like Ford made 3 different bell housings over the years. Correct new flywheel on order now. Count the teeth to get it right!!! Sometime the simple things end up biting me in the ass

22. It happens Woody ;) It'll all come together for ya.

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Woody, just hang in there and it'll all come together, as Scot says.
    And this comment will get the thread off page 7 and back to the top.

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

After, in 2015 getting rained out on scheduled day an getting a rain date 2 weeks later which I had to miss due to a death in my family, I'm wondering if I shouldn't consider taking a test and tune trip sometime this Spring, as I've made several. changes since the 2014 event.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    GAOldsman likes this.
  26. That sounds like a plan Dave. Where's Bobby and did he get the haints outta that stroker yet? :confused:

27. How bout come on up to the March Calhoun?

GAOldsman likes this.
  28. Paradise is a long haul for us, but it may be feasible. Depending on work that is.

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'll have to wait and see about weather and who all else is coming to Calhoun, not as long a haul as it is for Scot, but longer by far, after considering going thru ATL traffic to get there, than for me to Reynolds.
    Two other factors to consider are actually going racing at either one in March unless weather is warmer than usual and also the different track conditions. I think it's about time the track owner @ Paradise put a little work into the track surface. That right lane launching pad needs some work badly.

GAOldsman likes this.
  30. I hope we can get some advertisement @ Moultrie, Paradise and Union this go-round...