Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. PM sent - and I'm serious about paying 2x Canadian whatever Ric is paying you to drive - start the G-Force training now!

powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  2. .., awaiting her new "SUSHI EATING SUPER MOUSE!

Dog_Patch, powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  3. Ok 3x Canadian ....

55belairx2 likes this.
  4. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

On a serious note folks...our friends from Drag Racing Back-Up Girls (on Facebook) are sponsoring a Back Up Girl contest at this years Meltdown. This is a great chance for you to get your better (looking) halves involved. An esteemed panel of judges will be involved to pick the winner. This is in addition to the Ms. Meltdown pin-up contest.

And no Ric...you can't get all Bruce Jenner on us and put on a tube top while backing up Marc.

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  5. G-Force training , meaning when the Child is gobbling asphalt and getting alarmingly small in the windshield of Chicken Dirty, its gonna feel like your making a pass in reverse Marc. @_@

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Dog_Patch likes this.
  6. I was gonna class it up a bit Jeff, and borrow one of your Lane Bryant scanty negligees.

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Aaaaaaaand shit has officially gone off the rails....lol

Scott

55belairx2 and loudbang like this.
  8. powrshftr

powrshftr

On a far less disturbing note,here's a shot of most of my parts loaded in the Samsquanch (if you've never seen the show Trailer Park Boys you won't get that reference) for delivery to my engine guy to get rolling on assembly and a bit of Dyno time so we'll have our timing and jetting pretty close when we drop it in the car.

It's gonna be the first "not a complete piece of poo" motor we've ever owned,so my Dad and I are pretty nervous about making sure everything is right before we go out and spin er up to 8500r's.

Wish us luck fellas:)

Scott ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452740105.977901.jpg

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Luck dropping off the parts or spinning 85 grand?

10. powrshftr

powrshftr

Maybe both....Weather is looking pretty rough tomorrow,and it's about a 3hr trip one way when the roads are clear.

11. bigslim55

bigslim55

LIST OF RULES/TIPS TO HELP JEFFCO CUT A GOOD LIGHT.....
    1: NO TEXTING & STAGING!
    2: DON'T COUNT "MISSISSIPPI'S" JUST GO...!
    3: TRY LEAVING ON FIRST YELLOW...!
    4: TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE LINE LOCK BUTTON...!
    5: DRAG RACING FOR JEFFCO IS LIKE BEING ON THE WRONG END OF PRISON SEX: THE SOONER YOU GET IT OVER WITH, THE SOONER THE EMOTIONAL SCARS & PAINFUL HUMILIATION WILL FADE AWAY BEHIND A WALL OF TEARS...;) ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452743513.464247.jpg
    ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY HELPFUL TIPS FOR JEFFCO...?!?

12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I should correct my statement. I've seen the date already posted months back for the June 4th date. What I don't see or hear is much talk about it on here. That is a shame because it seems to be a good event.

powrshftr likes this.
  13. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

While I'm flattered, it looks like you do a fine job wheelin' that beast you built, and I don't think you'd really wanna miss out on the fun of a single pass...especially with the improvements in the 392! :D

Besides, if Ric's backin' me up in a tube top, they'll be callin' the car Ric 'n Dirty, and I'll be backin' up so fast to try to get away from the horrors in front of me I'll probably plow the car behind me and nobody wants to see that debacle!

14. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Lots of talk there big Jim. You have to excuse me for asking, but what times does that orange ford run? I had ADD as a kid, so I usually can't watch your race the whole time and I never see the time get posted... I lose focus after like 20 seconds...

15. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Ok, it all makes sense now. So your saying by the time you get up to the staging lanes against Eric, with your ADD, you've lost all focus on what your doing so too the crowd it looks like your asleep at the tree? I'm glad you've cleared that up. I was beginning to think that the Okie Doker was just that slow of a car.

16. 62Furious

62Furious

June 4 it is and I will be there

Tickety Boo likes this.
  17. powrshftr

powrshftr

ADD.....!?!?!?
    That's awesome!ME TOO!!!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452781735.458555.jpg

55belairx2 likes this.
  18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Everyone better keep their heads down.....A lot of shots fired in here recently!lol

55belairx2 likes this.
  19. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Well played my friend....Well played.lol

55belairx2 likes this.
  21. bigslim55

bigslim55

JEFFRO, GLAD TO SEE THAT COMEBACKS FOR DUMMYS BOOK IS FINALLY WORKING FOR YOU...! BUT YOU SHOULD OF ADDED SOMETHING LIKE THIS INTO THE MIX TO SPICE IT UP! "JIMBO I DIDN'T KNOW A WORN OUT FORD COULD GO SOOOO SLOW"....! OR I GOTTA DRAW A LINE ON THE GROUND TO SEE IF ITS MOVING....
    AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME, YES JEFFRO SHES SLOW! BUT WITH LOTS OF MONEY, SWEAT & BUSTED KNUCKLES PLUS LADY LUCK...! I HOPE TO HAVE THAT RECTIFIED BY THE MELTDOWN...!
    I'D TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN SEEING THE OKIEDOKER GET ROPE A DOPED & GET BEAT BY 2 FORDS & ERIC IN ONE WEEKEND...! NOW THAT BE PRICELESS...! HERES A PIC OF JEFFRO NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO AFTER A 0-3 WEEKEND! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452822227.899534.jpg

Tickety Boo, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  22. powrshftr

powrshftr

Winger T shirt.....Extra points for Jimbo!

Tickety Boo, Dog_Patch and bigslim55 like this.
  23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Just got back from dropping off my parts at FJ's shop.
    What a beautiful spot,right next to the river.
    Scenery is pretty nice up there.Also spotted a few of these around his shop:
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452823098.677925.jpg

I need to get Cassandra to make up some more tombstone decals....

Scott

Dog_Patch likes this.
  24. Scott what was all that white stuff? You in Bonneville?

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

We've had a bit of less than ideal weather lately Tony....But things were calm enough for Mama,wee Mr Byron,and myself to make the trek up there this afternoon to drop off some stuff,and Mr Smith was kind enough to share some clutch tuning info from his Modified Production and SuperStock experience,and also has a few Nash trans parts he may be able to help me out with:)
    He's quite a gentleman,and a big thanks to Ric for pointing me in his direction:)

Scott

26. bigslim55

bigslim55

SCOTT, WHO DO YOU HAVE IN MIND FOR A TOMBSTONE...? SEEMS THERES SO MANY CONTINGENTS WANTING A PIECE OF THE SHAKKER...! THE MOPAR MAFIA OR WAS IT MILITIA? THE DAMN MUSTANG IS GOING TO NEED A YEAR OFF TO RECUPERATE...!

27. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Gonna have to take a number for the Scotty/Opponent staging lane. :rolleyes:

30dodgeboy and 55belairx2 like this.
  28. powrshftr

powrshftr

We've had a bit of less than ideal weather lately Tony....But things were calm enough for Mama,wee Mr Byron,and myself to make the trek up there this afternoon to drop off some stuff,and Mr Smith was kind enough to share some clutch tuning info from his Modified Production and SuperStock experience,and also has a few Nash trans parts he may be able to help me out with:)
    He's quite a gentleman,and a big thanks to Ric for pointing me in his direction:)

Scott

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

Don't worry Norb,your reservation is right up at the top of the list..:)

Scott

55belairx2 likes this.
  30. powrshftr

powrshftr

Big Jim:
    The list of cars I want to run is a long one....Sooooo many cool cars,and so little time!
    I want to set up as many races as I can against cars that I won't look out of place racing:
    -Norb's Tickety Boo
    -Jon Tomkins' Tomkins Carburetor Service Falcon
    -Art's Sour Grape
    -anything SuperStock
    -Mopar Bob's 62Furious (love that car)
    -The Okie Doker better be ready.....Cause this Mustang is gonna come after him more like a Stuka....And the Okie Doker is gonna get Blitzkrieg'd...!!!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452830026.248747.jpg

bigslim55, 55belairx2 and loudbang like this.