Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 327 Intake Recommdeation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Jan 9, 2016.

1. the manifold is sold. still have the exhaust and balancer for you l-79 fans

1Nimrod likes this.
  2. C4B or C3Bx, both nice manifolds. I have a couple. I think they came in either left or right fill tubes

1Nimrod likes this.
  3. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Got the intake from Racer-X Thanks for the info guys........

1Nimrod likes this.
  4. Raunchy

Raunchy

In terms of performance the best by a noticeable amount for me was the Offenhauser Port O Sonic. Hard to find now. I finally found one for a 327 I am putting together . Great manifolds. Everyone has their favorites. I don't think you could go wrong with the Factory aluminum , they have good torque.

1Nimrod likes this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Affirmative
    You know the best engineers of the time designed them; considering the aftermarket stood on the shoulders of GM's guys for years, cutting and dicing those intakes to keep the fires burning on the dragstrips clear through the late 60's.

1Nimrod likes this.
  6. These ^^^^^ and their cast iron brothers are exceptional intakes on a 327. Of course I have a real soft spot for L79 parts so maybe I am not a good barometer. ;)

1Nimrod likes this.
  7. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

I have found three of those at swap meets in the last three years. I have bought them all. The first one I run on my 57 wagon, it does not have the part number "WCSVQ" or whatever under the Say-why-and. Earlier production? Extremely pleased with that intake, thus the buying two more. IMG_0217.JPG

1Nimrod likes this.
  8. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I would recommend going with a "closed-PCV" system, as opposed to an "open-PCV" system to keep your engine bay cleaner..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    1Nimrod likes this.