Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Garages that are too small???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by voodookustoms, Nov 10, 2015.

1. NORSON

NORSON

When I built my avatar this was my garage (the leanto was added later. P9100106.JPG P9100108.JPG P9100110.JPG

AHotRod, fnjunk, Rui and 2 others like this.
  2. chiro

chiro

^^^Nice skylight. Lol

NORSON likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I guess I shouldn't complain because when my shop was built, I said to myself that it should be all I'll ever need, but I think the real problem with some people (including me) is "they just can't leave shit alone", and be happy with only one car tore apart.
    When you have three "dead horse" projects like I do, and all their related parts scattered about, space tends to get eaten up pretty fast.
    My wife reminds me fairly regularly what I promised her when we built the shop, that she could have one space for her car. Little did I know that she had plans for getting such a big thing like her Impala. That thing is as big as a Caddy.
    Well I guess I lied.

20160108_135441.jpg

4. I came across this pic somewhere on the web and thought it would fit this thread perfectly. garage.png

chopndrop, AHotRod, reagen and 7 others like this.
  5. They are all too small.

Attached Files:

6. Fedman

Fedman

NORSON likes this.
  7. pila38

pila38

My garage was too small at my old house...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452307800.998978.jpg

Now I have this...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452307836.648153.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452307852.136775.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452307873.762686.jpg

However, I have all of this now...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452307959.834869.jpg

so eventually I'll build a 30 x 40 shop (or maybe even bigger!)

Do you really care what I used to post this message?

8. pila38

pila38

I loved my old garage though, and got a lot of work done in there. Here's a pic of where I started with the truck...
    [​IMG]

There's some more pics in my build thread.

9. Fedman

Fedman

Ok first question..... what did you use to post these? :p

I do not know what I want to see first, more Pics of your build, or more Pics of your Acreage.
    Man.... that property looks killer. :)

pila38 likes this.
  10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

It is a well known fact that your shit expands to fill the space available.
    That being said, I built a dirt track car in an uninsulated garage with a tiny bathroom heater in the dead of winter because I wanted to race and it is what I had. If you have the desire you'll figure out the how.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. pila38

pila38

Hey Fedman,
    I used photobucket to upload my pictures and attached them through the HAMB. Thanks for the compliments on the property, I'm ecstatic with it. I've never been more at peace with nothing but corn and trees to look at. And, there's a link to my build thread in my sig if you want to check it out, but be forewarned, I am no professional!

12. Fedman

Fedman

The Truck build looks great, I am so in love with your property though, that is kick ass.
    When you can build your new shop on it, Wow..... :)
    Your 3 little excuses (daughters) for not being able to get things done are adorable, you are a lucky man.
    I will follow your build and hopefully see new Shop build news on your property soon.

pila38 likes this.
  13. pila38

pila38

Thanks FED, I am indeed a lucky man. The only thing I'm short on is money and time, and I find ways to work around that.

14. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Cool picture.....and I'd like to know more about the cars in it!!! Cool roadster, Caddy and Carson top something!!!
    Drool!

15. Carz4sale

Carz4sale
    from New york

Mine is 46x66 I would like it a little bigger , my wife said don't be piggy.

Attached Files:

falcongeorge likes this.
  16. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

17. Model T1

Model T1

I've been following this thread with much interest. Over a year ago we bought a small home and small garage back where I am from in Illinois. My plans were to take only two of my old cars and just some of my crap to decorate the place to make me feel at home.
    The more I looked at that garage and pictures of cars parked outside it, the more I worried I wasn't even gonna have room to park and work on those two cars. My worries are over! We had four cars and my riding mower transported back. Two actually fit.......... sort of!
    Home Again.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  18. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

my garage is small but i have a shed with my compressor, tools, bikes and lawn mowers. i store my parts in the basement. Plenty of room but bigger would always be better!

Attached Files:

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

20. verde742

verde742

My garage is where I keep my stuff, while I go to look for more stuff. !!!

enloe and falcongeorge like this.
  21. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

My garage, not unlike my waistband, is getting smaller all the time. I think I've hit maximum density though. A recent career change topped it off.

[​IMG]

It's actually a little worse since this picture. I now cannot get to my bench on the right without moving crap.

22. cool pinstriped toolbox

23. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Rui- Thanks! Was striped years ago by Spent from the HAMB. Haven't seen him around here for years.

24. 46dodgewc

46dodgewc

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1462896541.309568.jpg
    I work in a 10 x20 storage unit. No electricity. It works for now

25. The truth of the matter,it doesn't make any difference how big your shop is.

After working in a hovel I finally built a 30 x 40 shop,with plenty of light,insulated & sheet rocked and painted white,it's got heat and air......

[​IMG]

And it's still too damn small!:rolleyes: HRP

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

27. For a sec I tought you had the creature from the black lagoon hanging over your front doors... Creature4.jpg

need louvers ? and falcongeorge like this.
  28. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

my shop is a single car shed basically with no power besides 2 light bulbs, and an extension cord running from the house. no room for air compressor or any big tools. i have an old kitchen cabinet with my hand tools and a few saws and belt sanders in it and that's it. some of you guys have it good....