Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 Model A Coupe Y-Block Project

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NathanxStewart, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Hello, my name is Nathan Stewart I'm a mechanic, fabricator, and an aspiring upholster. I am building a 1931 Model A Ford Coupe with a 292 Y-Block. I started building the car when I was 18 with my dad and am still currently building it now at the age of 20. I'm a 3rd generation hot rodder and am very passionate about traditional hot rods. I've learned a lot about hot rods from my father and grandfather but still have a lot to learn. I will be posting pictures of my build from day one. Thanks for looking!

-Nathan

image.jpeg

Fairlane500 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. ^^Looking great so far^^^^

NathanxStewart likes this.
  3. Autolite

Autolite

I like it. Looking forward to your build.

4. Very cool. Welcome. Where you from?

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

Welcome from Mass.
    Nice coupe - love the Y-block ( doesn't seem to get used too much, so extra points for cool).
    I've got one waiting in the corner for a car. Good luck with the build!

Attached Files:

6. Thank you very much!

7. Thank you sir!

8. Thank you! I'm from Columbus, Ohio. How about you?

9. Thank you! Yes I agree, they're definitely a good looking engine for a hood-less car and they sound great. Happy to see a 3 deuce intake sitting on there, very cool. Any idea for what kind of car you'll be putting it in?

10. From the Great North West. I'm also a Y block fan. Lookin' forward to seeing the A come along.

11. Thank you, me too!

12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Not really- I never know what's going to happen as far as the cars go. I've got that roadster in my avatar with a banger, but that's all done over. ( sure would look good though!)
    Whatever it goes in is definitely going hoodless- too cool a motor to cover up!

13. Yeah I get that, and that's a good looking roadster by the way! That's for sure, y-blocks are too pretty to cover up!

14. DEVIL DAN

DEVIL DAN

Yeah, same here